• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
"Go inside a bodega, put your hand in the register, that money is YOURS!

I'm like.. why?"

*dead*

Every Jay interview I've listened to is amazing, really I think I like Jay the dude better than Jay the musician. And I have the utmost respect for his music.

That Lift Off preview sounds like the same thing as Oozer ripped out of the WTT documentary preview.

Cudder

Apparently Jay said "WTT will not leak" during the interview. Damn, impressive.

Edit:

"WTT WILL NOT LEAK" - HOV

4 NY DATES

NO LIFT OFF YET

JAY IN NY FOR BUSINESS

NO BEEF WITH KANYE

FINISHED THE ALBUM 3 TIMES

OTIS VIDEO IS DONE

Ashhong

According to our pals at the NY POST, Jigga and Yeezy's disagreement stems from their upcoming concert - where Jay wants to keep costs down, and Yeezy wants an EXPENSIVE over-the-top production.

This is some bullshit. Jay would have to be the stupidest person in the world to expect Ye to NOT want an expensive, over the top production.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kentpaul said:
Shit seems to be the biggest rap feud since biggie and pac
Not really, there's one key difference between the two: The Biggie/Pac rap feud actually existed.

Ashhong said:
This is some bullshit. Jay would have to be the stupidest person in the world to expect Ye to NOT want an expensive, over the top production.
Weird that Jay said in the interview that he was actually the one who wanted an over the top production. There's not enough info out to actually know what went down, all they did was argue about the specifics of the tour. There is no beef or feud to that, it's business and different creative perspectives.

cacophony

I'm sure it's nothing but in iTunes, if you go under pre-orders WTT is listed under August 2nd even though it says Expected Release August 8th

nvm i think its cause its that same week

Cudder said:
Apparently Jay said "WTT will not leak" during the interview. Damn, impressive.
If they actually pull this off then props to them.

I'm still expecting a leak about 3-5 days out at the latest though.

Tucah

you speak so well
cacophony said:
I'm sure it's nothing but in iTunes, if you go under pre-orders WTT is listed under August 2nd even though it says Expected Release August 8th

nvm i think its cause its that same week

Probably because it's coming the week of the 2nd?

Apparently, the Otis video will be directed by Spike Jonze.

picresized_1311949820_otis11.jpg

According to Jay, the video was filmed already.

otis2.jpg

I hate it when Kanye does that "roll-up" of the sleeves thing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
spindashing said:
Apparently, the Otis video will be directed by Spike Jonze.

http://rapfix.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/picresized_1311949820_otis11.jpg[IMG]

According to Jay, the video was filmed already.

[IMG]http://rapfix.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/otis2.jpg[IMG]

I hate it when Kanye does that "roll-up" of the sleeves thing.[/QUOTE]
Jay mentioned all of this in the interview, and said the video is simple, but these pics are new. I think it'll just be them rapping back and fourth against the album artwork we see there.

If this thing doesn't leak before it officially comes out, I would have to say bravo. That would be a monumental achievement. I'm saying it'll leak early the day before.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Tickets tomorrow :D I've given up hope on a leak, better to not expected and be pleasantly surprised if it does happen, instead of checking this thread every 3 hours hoping for a leak.

kingocfs

grizzlybear Grizzly Bear
Just heard "Watch the Throne" at the museum of natural history's planetarium. Really really amazing

hypehypehype

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Hwasong said:
grizzlybear Grizzly Bear
Just heard "Watch the Throne" at the museum of natural history's planetarium. Really really amazing

hypehypehype

It just got indie cred... AOTF confirmed.

rozay

Banned
Hwasong said:
grizzlybear Grizzly Bear

hypehypehype
grizzly bear on jay-z's next album confirmed

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ashhong said:
Way to be a downer.
HYPE IS STILL IN THE AIR

JFxO2.gif

RZA talks producing on WTT
RZA was in China on the set of The Man With the Iron Fists, the Russell Crowe-starring martial arts movie he's directing, when he heard from West last December. "Kanye asked me to send tracks while they were in Australia," says the Wu-Tang Clan master. "I just thought I would send some shit that would be rugged. I know they can find the poppy, hip-hop places, but I wanted to send them some real edgy shit. Apparently they thought they were great – Kanye said, 'Send some more of that Wu shit!'"

WTT to win-over all of GAF-Hop confirmed.

Ashhong said:
Who the fuck is Grizzly Bear and why would he hear WTT at a fucking museum? Did they hold a listening party there?

GOD DAMMIT I NEED THIS IN MY BODY NOW

DUDE

Listen to Grizzly Bear, they are fantastic. And there was an invite only listening party at the planetarium at museum of natural history tonight.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Can not believe this hasn't leaked yet. Even if it leaks the minute after I post this, bra-fucking-vo to whoever is keeping this shit under wraps properly.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ashhong said:
Livenation is obviously misinformed.

Never ever heard of em. Album recommendation?

Veckatimest me likey the most.

and yeah, LiveNation obviously doesn't know what the fuck they are talking about.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
One can hope that livenation isn't and just spilled the beans...its a long shot, but ill hold onto a tiny bit of hope....

hope is the only thing we have.

STILL LOOKIN' FINE.

kingocfs

Expendable. said:
DUDE

Listen to Grizzly Bear, they are fantastic. And there was an invite only listening party at the planetarium at museum of natural history tonight.
From a Grizzly Bear show a few years back.

4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom