• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

kodecraft

Dreams-Visions said:
perfectly stated.

MBDTF brings out crazy concepts, crazy thoughts, personal pain. It probably has the most character of any album Yae has released to date.

This is a cool rap album with really sweet rhymes. But no personal touch. No intimate moments.

Edit: WTT is better mastered, though. When MBDTF comes out remastered, I'll be on that shit.

+1

Thanks for putting this in perspective....WTT is alright....I know you guys were SUPER MARIO Hyped.

Ermm, I preordered this, went to have dinner, came back, and now I don't have it. I have Otis but I don't have the album, not even in my Purchased list. What's going on here?

The thing is, if you check out my post history, I really wasn't hyped for this shit at all as time went by. H.A.M and Otis put my hype down.

I can't believe I doubted Yeezy.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
So Appalled was pretty much the only song I really really liked on MBDTF...and I played that out by the time the actual album dropped.

I really need the time to digest these lyrics. I'm just soaking in the witty lines and the production.

Or I could just wait for rapgenius to get at it.

zychi said:
why did he decide to put will ferriel on kampsy in paris? its so random.
IT'S THE FUCKING CATALINA WINE MIXER

Ashhong

fuck fuck fuck fuck just got home about to get my purchase!

before i open itunes, anyone wanna tell me if living so italian made it?

Kaizer

Banned
whalleywhat said:
MBDTF is an artistic statement. WTT is a good ass rap album.
And that makes MBDTF better how? An Andy Warhol workpiece can be an artistic statement, that doesn't make it more enjoyable or better than a conventional drawing.

I'm with Spin on this one. WTT >>>>> MBDTF

Oozer3993

Only once before has one artist had two albums nominated for Best Album in the same year. That was Frank Sinatra at the very first Grammy Awards in 1959. Kanye has a very serious shot at it this year.
And he could be up against Taylor lol

neptunes said:
There are so many Stadium Songs, Lift off may sound out of place, but image hearing that on the tour. That shit is going to sound so epic, and you know how Kanye loves to go all out LIVE. (lights lasers etc...)

I want to buy tickets.

I may wet myself. Lift Off live is going to be life changing. Dat beat. Dat hook.

The M.O.B

Give this album the same amount of spins you gave MBDTF before you compare them.

Songs wear off on you, others you being to love over time, just let this marinate for a bit and then lets see whats up.

cacophony

MBDTF's production is on another level. I'm going to remember that album in 5-10 years. Watch The Throne so far doesn't seem like something I will remember that long from now except a handful of tracks.

But I'm gonna stop comparing shit

The M.O.B said:
Give this album the same amount of spins you gave MBDTF before you compare them.
Alright. I'll concede, because I haven't given this album the same amount of spins that I gave MBDTF that I gave this album.

But so far, it's lyrically stronger. While My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy may have been a more personal album than this (Watch The Throne can be argued as personal on certain tracks as well), I'm definitely vibing with this one more.

Maybe it's the hype of the moment, I don't know. I'm appreciating this album way more than I thought I would.

zychi

Banned
is living Italian available anywhere else in its entirety? was it leaked before? i avoided everything with this album til release and have no idea what i'd be looking for.

neptunes

I want to see the look on other rappers faces jay'zus

How do you even attempt to make music when you hear music like this.

They put so much work into it, makes other "POP" rappers sound amateurish.

zychi

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
Otis is probably the only track im eh on.
it works great as an album song, if that makes sense? listening to kampsy in paris, followed by that into gotta have it works great.

zychi said:
Good punctuation.
Good music.

Ashhong said:
fuck this album.
HWM8H.gif

Tokubetsu

zychi said:
it works great as an album song, if that makes sense, listening to kampsy in paris, followed by that into gotta have it works great.

Yeah, it was a bad leak/single track. The bass seems different in this version too. It's kinda like an interlude.

Baby Milo

neptunes said:
I want to see the look on other rappers faces jay'zus

How do you even attempt to make music when you hear music like this.

They put so much work into it.
the album is good

it aint fucking illmatic chill

mozfan12

Banned
cacophony said:
Damn Am I the only one who loves HAM? I was hoping the album would be more like that. epic as fuck bangers
Ive grown to like it, the beat is just epic. As said before, it might not fit hovas and ye's rapping style, but the beat is damn good in my opinion.

Kaizer said:
And that makes MBDTF better how? An Andy Warhol workpiece can be an artistic statement, that doesn't make it more enjoyable or better than a conventional drawing.

I'm with Spin on this one. WTT >>>>> MBDTF
Nah, but it aspires to something higher, and Warhol's kind of different, because that's not really about personal expression. Whether or not you prefer it is just personal taste. I could understand preferring this, but MBDTF is powerful to me.
H.A.M. should've just been the instrumental. Would've been Super Deluxe.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Just stopped at Welcome To The Jungle. Gonna save the rest for tomorrow on my drive to work lol.

JAY KILT THAT SHYT.

Jayzus.

Oozer3993

Represent. said:
Just stopped at Welcome To The Jungle. Gonna save the rest for tomorrow on my drive to work lol.

JAY KILT THAT SHYT.

Jayzus.

I wouldn't do that if I were you. You may crash while rocking out to Who Gon Stop Me.

zychi

Banned
MBDTF is better to me because it's a Kanye solo album. Not a collabo. especially after 808s(which i'm in the minority of loving apparently) he just flipped everything upside down and made another great album, and didnt care about what anyone thought. Runaway is brilliant because its not even hip hop if you take out pusha's verse. it's just a ridiculous song that shouldn't be on a rap album.

neptunes

Baby Milo said:
the album is good

it aint fucking illmatic chill
No album will never be illmatic, reason? someone people will never let that happen.

It's ok to acknowledge other albums are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom