• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

It was so worth the wait - I managed to go on blind, without hearing anything (Not even Otis) and it blew me away. The production is so good, I just realized how bad MBDTF was on the ears sometimes despite the amazing tracks.

Need to listen again to take this in.

neptunes

Is both WTT and MBDTF in consideration for the grammy's next year?

S1 did his thing on Excellence, he is one of the most underrated producers in the game. Listen to Strange Fruit Project people!!!

neptunes said:
Is both WTT and MBDTF in consideration for the grammy's next year?
Yes.

Many Grammy's confirmed.

ramyeon said:
he production is so good, I just realized how bad MBDTF was on the ears sometimes despite the amazing tracks.
we've been talking about how bad MBDTF's mastering was since day 1. the only track that was well-mastered was the violin interlude track.

ramyeon said:
It was so worth the wait - I managed to go on blind, without hearing anything (Not even Otis) and it blew me away. The production is so good, I just realized how bad MBDTF was on the ears sometimes despite the amazing tracks.

Need to listen again to take this in.
The mastering on MBDTF is a crime.

Alright, I had my Kanye playlist (243 songs now) on shuffle. After Illest Motherfucker Alive... Street Lights came on from 808s. Street Lights still goes hard but back to watching the throne.

Recon

Banned
DominoKid said:
lol six songs are trending right now. there's only nine trending topics!

eat your heart out other rappers.

J.Cole was one of the highest trending topics when he released a mixtape.

Recon

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
*throws a saltshaker at reconyoda*

What? Its the truth. I admitted i liked WTT. But honestly, if Cole could trend with just a Mixtape, i would hope a Jay/Kanye album would trend.

mjfor40

How is HAM "not on the album"? Great song. Niggas in Paris has the most replays by far

Lots of Will Ferrel shout-outs. When did Kanye start saying "Sweet Baby Jesus"?

Pretty good album, so much better than all the other new shit out today

J@hranimo

Banned
Niggas in Paris, Who Gon Stop Me, and Murder to Excellence are my favs.

So far this album is looking hashtag classic and possibly AOTY, but then again the year is only 2/3 done.

Recon

Banned
mjfor40 said:
How is HAM "not on the album"? Great song. Niggas in Paris has the most replays by far

Lots of Will Ferrel shout-outs. When did Kanye start saying "Sweet Baby Jesus"?

Pretty good album, so much better than all the other new shit out today

HAM was a garbage song, it shouldn't even been on the deluxe album.

Tokubetsu

I love how people are complaining about the silence in Illest Motherfucker Alive. I'm winning right now with a Foobar DSP to skip silence in songs. #woop #swag

The verses are completely forgettable but the production is good so that makes up for it a bit. This still isn't touching Oneirology for hip-hop AOTY IMO. Top 10 maybe, but it's only first listen and it's only August so....

Good album but me thinks people need to chill, and give it a couple of hours at least.

I predict.....Who gon stop me will be the Next single (or the one after lift off if they actually do a video for lift off which i think they shouldnt)

also...listening to who gon stop me going into murder to excellence is EXCELLENCE....IT perfectly goes right into it

Tokubetsu said:
I love how people are complaining about the silence in Illest Motherfucker Alive. I'm winning right now with a Foobar DSP to skip silence in songs. #woop #swag
You guys could also use iTunes to get rid of that silence.

PBY

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
The verses are completely forgettable but the production is good so that makes up for it a bit. This still isn't touching Oneirology for hip-hop AOTY IMO.

Good album but me thinks people need to chill, and give it a couple of hours at least.
U serious? So many memorable punchlines...THAT SHIT CRA'

Recon

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
The verses are completely forgettable but the production is good so that makes up for it a bit. This still isn't touching Oneirology for hip-hop AOTY IMO. Top 10 maybe, but it's only first listen and it's only August so....

I agree that it doesn't touch Oneirology, that album is just on another level in terms of production and lyrics.

Bishman

Net_Wrecker said:

I still have Oneriology as my hip-hop AOTY. But WTT is up there. And throw Kendrick Lamar - Section.80 up there too.

Everyone needs to listen to the deluxe version. The regular version is a disservice to the fans. The Joy, Illest Motherfucker, Primetime, and H.A.M. are all dope tracks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ReconYoda said:
What? Its the truth. I admitted i liked WTT. But honestly, if Cole could trend with just a Mixtape, i would hope a Jay/Kanye album would trend.
When people are talking about individual songs, I think that says more than much.

Impressive for Cole though, it really is.

This is me right now:

ijyYcC.gif

PBY

Banned
ReconYoda said:
I agree that it doesn't touch Oneirology, that album is just on another level in terms of production and lyrics.
I knew you were gonna cosign that the second I saw the backpack love. Oneirology was great but it got old for me- too one note. WTT has a dog for every mood, and better yet, it slaps like a mother.

Ashhong

Welp, did a quick listen through since I dont have time today. Favorites seem to be

No Church, Ni**as in Paris, Who Gon Stop Me, Murder to Excellence, Why I Love You So. Bonus tracks tomorrow.

Why I Love You So may be my favorite. Shit knocks

Recon

Banned
peterb0y said:
I knew you were gonna cosign that the second I saw the backpack love. Oneirology was great but it got old for me- too one note. WTT has a dog for every mood, and better yet, it slaps like a mother.

Yeah, i admit its more to my taste. But it really is a better album. I agree WTT bangs more, but that doesn't ever enter my mind as criteria for AOTY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom