• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Every track on the album OTHER than Lift Off and H•A•M are so fucking goood.

cacophony said:
seriously?

they arent even in the same league imo. though ive only heard wtt 1 1/2 times lol
You're right, they're definitely not in the same league. Watch The Throne is so much more better...

The fact that this album went by without leaks adds to the fact that it's so good.

It has better production, better mixing, better lyrics, and no one can say something like "this album has way too many features."

Tokubetsu

The fact that Frank Ocean starts the album is so fucking epic.

Glad I gave HAM a second chance all those months ago. I love that track now haha. I used to fucking hate it.

wtf... the new mix for That's My Bitch sounds all pussified now... one of the layered drum breaks w/ the tambourines is all hollowed out and panned to the left..

shoulda had Bob Power mix that one.

zychi

Banned
my favorite line so far from jay:

You ripped out my heart and you stepped on it / I picked up the pieces / Before
you swept on it / God damn this sh*t leaves a mess don’t it / Sh*t feelin’ like death don’t it / Charge it to the game / Whatever’s left on
it / I spent about a minute / Maybe less on it / Fly pelican fly / Turn the jets on it / But first I shall digress on it / Wasn’t I a good king?

Tokubetsu

AND DECEPTION IS THE ONLY FELONY
SO NEVER FUCK NOBODY WITHOUT TELLING ME

tumblr_lohska39pj1qmgni6o1_400.gif

spindashing said:
In what respect is My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy better than Watch The Throne? I'll give you guys Dark Fantasy, Gorgeous, Blame Game and Lost in the World and that's it...

See me in my office.

You're aware of Runaway right?

neptunes

There are so many Stadium Songs, Lift off may sound out of place, but image hearing that on the tour. That shit is going to sound so epic, and you know how Kanye loves to go all out LIVE. (lights lasers etc...)

I want to buy tickets.

spindashing said:
In what respect is My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy better than Watch The Throne? I'll give you guys Dark Fantasy, Gorgeous, Blame Game and Lost in the World and that's it...
MBDTF is an artistic statement. WTT is a good ass rap album.

Baby Milo

spindashing said:
rofl album sounds good but god damn its been out 10 fucking minutes

whalleywhat said:
Semantics. I prefer one over the other, sue me.

I rode the My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy hype train hard, though. I anticipated that album way more than Watch The Throne, actually.

Baby Milo said:
rofl album sounds good but god damn its been out 10 fucking minutes
GET AT ME FOOL I'M HYPED AND I DIDNT HAVE COFFEE YET

spindashing said:

See me in my office.
Man I definitely agree with you especially after going back to the album, those are the only songs I go back to.

whalleywhat said:
perfectly stated.

MBDTF brings out crazy concepts, crazy thoughts, personal pain. It probably has the most character of any album Yae has released to date.

This is a cool rap album with really sweet rhymes. But no personal touch. No intimate moments.

Edit: WTT is better mastered, though. When MBDTF comes out remastered, I'll be on that shit.

DominoKid

Dreams-Visions said:
Ye is gonna have to get a new mantle for all the Grammy's he's going to win between MBDTF and WTT.

SO MANY GRAMMYS!

SO LITTLE SHELF SPACE!

he should win ALL the Grammys just for Why I Love You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom