• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

SUPREME1 said:
Can you elaborate please?

I haven't heard the album, and I'm on the fence about buying it.

But if it's going to be similar to MBDTF where Kanye continually drops devil/satan references and/or continually dismisses Jesus/Christianity out of sheer arrogance, then I'll just pass.

I'm not a religious nut, and I don't want to come off as one, but I do have beliefs.

MBDTF was an album I really wanted to like (and easily could have, production was amazing imo) but it was just a real turn off to hear lines like "make a nun cum" and "satan, satan, etc" all over the album.

I'd hate for this album to be a repeat of that.

I love the "make a nun cum" line...

Anyway, why not just take a listen on youtube? Frank Ocean repeats "We made it in America...sweet baby Jesus" on that track. Haven't had enough time to really listen to the lyrics but it doesn't seem very satanical.

“Hello, hello, hello, White America, assassinate my character
Money matrimony, yeah, they tryna break the marriage up
Who gon’ act phonier? Who gon’ try to embarrass ya?
I’ma need a day off, I think I’ll call Ferris up”
— Kanye West

SUPREME1 said:
Can you elaborate please?

I haven't heard the album, and I'm on the fence about buying it.

But if it's going to be similar to MBDTF where Kanye continually drops devil/satan references and/or continually dismisses Jesus/Christianity out of sheer arrogance, then I'll just pass.

I'm not a religious nut, and I don't want to come off as one, but I do have beliefs.

MBDTF was an album I really wanted to like (and easily could have, production was amazing imo) but it was just a real turn off to hear lines like "make a nun cum" and "satan, satan, etc" all over the album.

I'd hate for this album to be a repeat of that.
Seriously? If anything it's the complete opposite of that.

MorisUkunRasik said:
I don't dislike Lift Off as much as I did yesterday. It's growing on me.
Always need one radio joint on every album; it's not THAT bad.

JackEtc

MisterRueler said:
You know it's a great album when nobody gets angry over three minutes of silence... Who else could pull that off?
I don't agree with the "great" album part, put I just went into Audacity and got rid of the silence, lol.

Kaizer

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
SMH

you mothafuckas could at least wait a few weeks to see how songs wear on you before proclaiming such things. seems like people are mistaking "newer and fresher" for "artistically better".
As much as that's probably true, I didn't really enjoy MBDTF from Day One of its' release and after months of listening to it, it still doesn't impress me. I just couldn't get with the vibe of that album at all. Only real songs that impressed me were Gorgeous, All of the Lights & Lost in the World, but it's still "Meh" overall. So for me to immediately like Watch The Throne puts it higher than MBDTF in my eyes.

snack

tumblr_lmvrj7zf571qzf6m5

DominoKid

did somebody else master the 4 bonus tracks. they sound like they're going to rip through my speakers

the regular album tracks sound delicious.

ReconYoda said:
No, this isn't even gonna get him much publicity. He always goes on rants saying dumb shit.
meh... he doesn't always say he's like hitler. i think this is kind of intentional, on the wake of watch the throne... but you're right, it's hard to tell if he's really just a dumbass

Recon

Banned
dustytruly said:
meh... he doesn't always say he's like hitler. i think this is kind of intentional, on the wake of watch the throne... but you're right, it's hard to tell if he's really just a dumbass

Im sure the hitler line was for publicity, but really, like i said before, he does this shit all the time. It sounds really damn corny too.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Dreams-Visions said:
and yet with all that technology, they still tend to fucking fail at mastering with all sounds and volume blown out for no reason at all.

someone explain that shit.

It's not the technology's fault...it's guys like this:

NM41y.jpg

Vlado Meller

who fuck it up in the end.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Jason's Ultimatum said:
Fucking auto tune on the first song.........
Nothing's wrong with it if it's used in moderation.

Korey

enzo_gt said:
I liked the leaked version better because it had two of the full choruses and went on longer ;_;
Same, the final one seems weaker for some reason. I guess that could be said about the whole album...blah.

I enjoyed Lift Off yesterday but I can't even see that taking off as a radio hit. It's not really about anything and not that interesting, I don't see it staying alive very long

Really liking this album now that iTunes has seen fit to give it to me.

No Church in the Wild, Ni**as in Paris (why are the titles censored on explicit copies?), Otis, Murder to Excellence and Why I Love You are my favorites so far, with Why I Love You topping that list. It soars.

Bungieware said:
Why does everyone love Ni**as in Paris so much? And please don't say that beat. It sounds like something out of a Soulja Boy song.

I don't get it either. I dislike Otis, HAM, and Lift Off more, but still. Ni**as In Paris is on some 2003 crunk sound.

Bungieware said:
Why does everyone love Ni**as in Paris so much? And please don't say that beat. It sounds like something out of a Soulja Boy song.

It just knocks. It's not supposed to be an indepth song. It just makes you hype.

Bungieware said:
After listening to it more and more the beat is starting to wear on me, except for the change up at the end, it's beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom