• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Bungieware said:
Why does everyone love Ni**as in Paris so much? And please don't say that beat. It sounds like something out of a Soulja Boy song.
It's pretty much the opposite of a Soulja Boy song. Probably the high point of the album too.

The beat is fucking bonkers, and the rhymes go hard.

If anything it's some of the most based cooking music ever.

That shit cra-

Acid08

Banned
Not a huge fan of Lift Off, it's a pretty good radio themed song but it has no fucking bite or anything to it.

Yeah I get it Beyonce, YOU CAN TAKE IT TO THE STARS

Sai-kun said:
I fucking love the beat :lol

TtMwK.png

MisterRueler

Neo Member
Niggas is Paris is such a stupid song, but I love it!

"Prince Williams ain't do it right, if you aaaask me, if i was him, I woulda MAARIED KATE n AAAASHLEY"

baha such a good stupid lyric.

Also I laughed out loud at that dialogue sample.

Beezy

enzo_gt said:
It's pretty much the opposite of a Soulja Boy song. Probably the high point of the album too.

The beat is fucking bonkers, and the rhymes go hard.

If anything it's some of the most based cooking music ever.

That shit cra-
I said this earlier in the thread and got ignored. :(

MisterRueler said:
Niggas is Paris is such a stupid song, but I love it!

"Prince Williams ain't do it right, if you aaaask me, if i was him, I woulda MAARIED KATE n AAAASHLEY"

baha such a good stupid lyric.

Also I laughed out loud at that dialogue sample.

But it doesn't make sense though. There is no Ashley... it's Pippa

CRS

What's with Kanye taking Andre 3000's "she said alive" at the beginning of Welcome to the Jungle? Biting like crazy. Also, I don't know what relationship Kanye has with Swizz but that shit needs to end.

nns3d

Is No Church in the Wild the only weak Frank Ocean feature? Either I haven't listened to a Frank Ocean track in ages or he's sounding dull here.

iavi

Afrocentric-Asian said:
Is No Church in the Wild the only weak Frank Ocean feature? Either I haven't listened to a Frank Ocean track in ages or he's sounding dull here.

Nah, Frank hasn't done anything noteworthy since Nostalgia Ultra. He's not even good on WTT.

nns3d

Miri said:
Nah, Frank hasn't done anything noteworthy since Nostalgia Ultra. He's not even good on WTT.

Haven't heard anything he's done post-Nostalgia outside of She (Goblin), but that's disappointing :(

hoos30

Just bought tix to the DC show in Nov. What the over/under on how late the show will start.

Last Jay-Z show I saw started a hour and a half late.

ant1532

Banned
One Minute Read Review
for what its worth. 4 listens in.

-

Album bumps. Although not perfect like My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

-Best tracks IMO:

No Church In The Wild
♥♥♥♥♥s In Paris
Lift Off*****
Otis
Thats My Bitch
Murder To Excellence
Why I Love You
*Primetime

-Lift Off would have been normal in the list if it wasn't for it feeling so unfinished. I feel like the album cut is one of many different verse cuts Kanye had planned, and it just felt empty. Beat and hook is incredible, yet trips on it self during the verses a bit.

Worst Track?
-Who Gon Stop Me.
Feels so forced. Someone said lets kill it on a dubstep song and Kanye and Jay both were hot headed enough to think they are so good it'll sound good. The beat is straight generic cliche dubstep. Would have better if it was a creative original dubstep beat or just some dubstep drum influence.

Album is GREAT! (THAT SHIT CRAY)
8.5/10

Ashhong

ant1532 said:
Worst Track?
-Who Gon Stop Me.
Feels so forced. Someone said lets kill it on a dubstep song and Kanye and Jay both were hot headed enough to think they are so good it'll sound good. The beat is straight generic cliche dubstep. Would have better if it was a creative original dubstep beat or just some dubstep drum influence.

Album is GREAT! (THAT SHIT CRAY)
8.5/10

Gotta disagree about the dubstep. Cliche dubstep? I don't know about that. It's very mild dubstep which I think was done very well. It's not so much that it overpowers the song and turns it into some wack dubstep, but its enough to make it different from other hip hop songs out right now. It's as you wanted, some dubstep drum influence.

Jacobi

Banned
Ashhong said:
Gotta disagree about the dubstep. Cliche dubstep? I don't know about that. It's very mild dubstep which I think was done very well. It's not so much that it overpowers the song and turns it into some wack dubstep, but its enough to make it different from other hip hop songs out right now. It's as you wanted, some dubstep drum influence.
Influence? Listen to the song i can't stop by flux pavilion one time....

ant1532

Banned
Ashhong said:
Nah this is what i meant by dubstep influence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcs06LCco1o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom