• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
soundahfekz said:
I'm on my third listen and that's kinda how I feel :lol
the Kanye stan in me will eventually just hammer it into my head as an 'alright' song to listen to for a short period of time and then never again.

but fuck if that wasn't disappointing. should've never let Jay do the hook, just let Yeezy do it again.
soundahfekz said:
I'm riding out to this shit, but I think it's just the epic sample that gets to me, rest of the track is MEH.

Luger needs to stop recycling that drum pattern and that same 808 bass arrangement. Reminds me of dude that did the amilli beat using it for every fucking thing else. It's just lazy.

They should've got me to do the track :D
Was even worse about Bangladesh is that he thinks he's a top tier, AAA producer just for doing A Milli. Angers me. Still got no response about whether he got his dues for Carter III or not.

I'm slooooowly looking past how this is BMF2 and slightly appreciating what he (Lex) was trying to do with the whole choir approach.

That's my problem with repeating a song, it can make me like ANY song....Lady Gaga

enzo_gt said:
the Kanye stan in me will eventually just hammer it into my head as an 'alright' song to listen to for a short period of time and then never again.

but fuck if that wasn't disappointing. should've never let Jay do the hook, just let Yeezy do it again.

I'm a jay fan (not a stan) but damn I cringed at that pork on my fork line. This track will be like the hip hop equivalent of awesomely bad 80's action movies you can't turn away from

enzo_gt said:

Was even worse about Bangladesh is that he thinks he's a top tier, AAA producer just for doing A Milli. Angers me. Still got no response about whether he got his dues for Carter III or not.

He got them, Wayne even got him for his new single (6 foot 7 foot). I hate Bangladesh Not as a person but how he carries himself thinking he is like the best producer ever.

PBY

Banned
enzo_gt said:

I think that this beat is gonna be big in the sense that we'll see a shitton of remixes to it, and I can guarantee you that Ye and Jay are gonna get murked on their own beat. Imagine a Rawsss or Wacka Flocka version of this.... Shit, even now lil wayne could probably do better, maybe hell go over it and throw it on a mixtape or something.

edit: fuuuuuuuck, just thought of Slaughterhouse, I can totally see them doing this beat justice

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Angelus Errare said:
I'm slooooowly looking past how this is BMF2 and slightly appreciating what he (Lex) was trying to do with the whole choir approach.

That's my problem with repeating a song, it can make me like ANY song....Lady Gaga
The choir part is good, but the actual beat during the verses isn't tailored to the artists.

This morning, for the first time, I listened to Illmatic for the first time front to back straight. I've listened before many times, but never in order, or without stopping, cause I usually spun Life's A Bitch a ton and then went back and listened to the other songs on other time. Listening to that shit makes you appreciate when an beat is tailored to an MC and they work together harmoniously. I also listened to the majority of Below the Heavens today too, another good example.

Then I'm about to go to sleep, F5 this thread and see this shit? Two powerhouses each in their own right, each who've made good songs together in the past, being THIS off and still excited about it enough to put it out as a single?

peterb0y said:
I think that this beat is gonna be big in the sense that we'll see a shitton of remixes to it, and I can guarantee you that Ye and Jay are gonna get murked on their own beat. Imagine a Rawsss or Wacka Flocka version of this.... Shit, even now lil wayne could probably do better, maybe hell go over it and throw it on a mixtape or something.

edit: fuuuuuuuck, just thought of Slaughterhouse, I can totally see them doing this beat justice
Ross will definitely murk this, Slaughterhouse, I'm not sure. I don't want Royce rapping over some irregular drums like this, ever. Unless he's rapped over BMF already, in which case he should be fine rapping over BMF again.

I think this beat will be big because it's a Jay and Ye single, not because it's a great beat. I mean, the Fabs and Jeezy's and up and coming rappers will rap over anything as long as it's buzzing. And hey if they got a chance like this to outshine Jay and Ye why not.

Song is a mess. Kanye doesn't fit on this type of beat. Rick Ross and Jay would have murdered this shit.

Finally a different sounding Lugar beat but he's still using the same drums wtf

So I just listened to the song on headphones, there's this VERY subtle "hey" sound in between the drums, especially on Jay's verse.

Random I know.

Tokubetsu

PhoenixDark said:
Song is a mess. Kanye doesn't fit on this type of beat. Rick Ross and Jay would have murdered this shit.

Finally a different sounding Lugar beat but he's still using the same drums wtf

I still don't believe this is purely a luger beat. I feel kanye messed with the drums a bit and add all that shit during the chorus. It just feels a lot slower and less hype than a typical Luger beat. Even Waka would probably fumble with this.

Yousefb

enzo_gt said:
This song is pretty much:
XxovF.gif

John Mayer is the beat.
omg :lol :lol

Nabs

why is there a kanye and jay album not entirely produced by kanye? the fuck is this shit.

jay's flow was on point, but dude was rambling like a motherfucker :lol

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I said it in the hip hop thread but the line "I'm about to go ham" is the dumbest fucking thing I have heard in hip hop in a very long time.

Kusagari

siddx said:
I said it in the hip hop thread but the line "I'm about to go ham" is the dumbest fucking thing I have heard in hip hop in a very long time.

I have a feeling HAM is going to turn into the next swag.

Yo Gotti

Banned
Nothing wrong with goin ham

but if you're not from the south, you've got no business saying that shit on a track :lol

just doesn't sound right, a lot like this track, it just doesn't sound right.

EDIT: Late Track impressions

Kanye's verse was weak, not memorable at all.

Jay's verse was semi-ass, he tried something new but I don't think this track helped at all, Jay's been killing it lately imo so that's disappointing.

Beat wise... This is definitely a Lex Luger beat that got butchered trying to live up to Kanye West standards... its all over the place, it's supposed to be a hard southern beat but its just doing too much.

Young Jeezy must be pissed. He and Shawty Redd pretty much pioneered this kind of sound, now Lex Luger is making these $5 southern anthem beats and pretty much destroying what made it hot in the first place.

siddx

Kusagari said:
I have a feeling HAM is going to turn into the next swag.

I thought the same thing, which is going to be incredible irritating. There is a large of group of idiots who will use it as slang now simply because Kanye and Jay-Z said it.

PBY

Banned
Yo Gotti said:

but if you're not from the south, you've got no business saying that shit on a track :lol

wait, goin ham is already a phrase that people use?

siddx

Yo Gotti said:

I don't care where you are from, a person who lets the phrase "im going ham" escape from his or her lips needs to have rocks thrown at their fucking head.

Yo Gotti

Banned
Nah, going ham's been around for pretty much forever now.

Jay and Kanye are just hopping on the bandwagon waaaaay too late.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yo Gotti said:
Nah, going ham's been around for pretty much forever now.

Jay and Kanye are just hopping on the bandwagon waaaaay too late.
You know it's bad when Soulja Boy even beat Kanye and Jay to the bandwagon.

I have a feeling Ye convinced Jay to rap on this where otherwise Jay clearly wouldnt have. But I still don't feel like Ye put his hands all over the beat. The beat is perhaps tampered with, but if Ye had power he would have flipped it upside down. I just think this is a byproduct of Luger attempting to civize his beat (GET IT? ITS SINGULAR) for Jay and Ye to rap on.

I take back what I said earlier, Kanye didn't touch this beat. This is Lex trying to appease Kanye, try to make his beats more intricate to make it appeal to Kanye.

I dunno the beat is nice when the chorus kicks in everything else isn't. Oh and the last few moments.

Dartastic

Drewsky said:
I don't mind it.

"Like Eli, I did it." :lol
First thing I noticed. HOLY SHIT. :lol
enzo_gt said:
Jin should have stuck to... well 106 and Park really.

This song is pretty much:
XxovF.gif

John Mayer is the beat.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
True... the song is weak. That's a great gif too. Oh man. :lol
P.S. John Mayer is fucking awesome.

The fuck is this shit? Fuck this mess.

Why the fuck is there a piano breakdown and opera singing at the end of a southern beat? God damn it Conway, I know that shit was you.

I was looking forward to this too.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
they wont be taking any throne with subpar tracks like "That's My Bitch"

my fav kanye/jay collebs are

Monster

So appald

Ghostface Killah dropping some knowledge about Ye :lol

Ghostface troll said:
Ayo this the Wallabee Champ Tone Stizzy! Ayo these niggas brought the shit back to Afrika Bambaataa namsayin! This some electronic music for robotic zulu niggas in the jungle to throw spears to nahmeans. Word yo the god envisioned that shit. Niggas thats robots huntin wild mongooses wit spears n shit namsayin. This the kinda shit niggas wrestle gorillas to namsayin. Word. This some Tron shit. But yo the god got folklores bout that nigga Kanye tho. Nahmean that my nigga n all but yo straight up that nigga out his mind son. Word. Ayo that nigga came thru to jump on a remix wit the god nahmeans. The little nigga Ne-yo was in the studio when the nigga Ye show up. Bein that the nigga Ne-Yo done the hook nahmeans. The nigga Ne-Yo drunk than a muthafucka son nahmean. But yo the nigga Kanye show up n the nigga got a butt ass naked chinese bitch on a leash n shit. Bitch was about 4 feet tall. The nigga was wearin a silver tuxedo wit no shirt underneath. Just a bow tie n a silver tuxedo nahmeans. The nigga on his jack namsyain. N the nigga screamin on a broad on the phone yo. Word yo I aint even know what the nigga sayin to the broad but the nigga just screamin on the bitch namsayin talkin bout word Imma kill you bitch you betta hide ya dogs n this that n the third. The nigga hang up n yo the nigga Ne-Yo was feelin some kinda way bout the situation n the nigga say somethin bout yo that aint right son. Yo you gotta respect them broads etc etc nahmeans. Meanwhile the nigga Ye start takin off his belt all quiet like nahmean n dont even say a word to nobody n straight up the nigga Ye knocks that nigga Ne-Yo across his scalp wit the buckle namsayin. So the nigga Ne-Yo grabs a empty bottle of Ciroc n the nigga breaks the shit on the table talkin bout Imma stab this nigga Ye. Meanwhile my niggas got out they little phones n shit tryna capture the shit on video nahmeans. But yo the god aint wanna see no niggas gettin killed up in the spot so a nigga try n intervene. Thats my word. But yo then the nigga Ye bitch…the naked chinese broad on the leash starts whylin nahmean. Word yo the bitch growlin n shit. Out of nowhere the bitch jumps up on the ceiling nahmeans. Thats my word n the bitch crawlin around on the ceiling n walls growlin n shit. Niggas is runnin out the studio n that nigga Ne-Yo like a sittin duck nahmeans. N the broad jump down n start chewin on the nigga neck. Meanwhile the nigga Ne-Yo screamin like Mariah Carey n shit while the bitch chew the nigga neck. Word yo that was some fucked up shit. Then the nigga Ye clap his hands talkin bout Pang heel! He like Pang return! N the bitch come up to the nigga leg n shit n the nigga gave the bitch a kibble n shit. Then the nigga go in the booth n spit his verse in one take n the nigga bounced. Meanwhile the nigga Ne-Yo layin all unconscious in his own piss losin blood n shit. Turns out the nigga lost 2 liters of blood or some shit. Word yo that was some wild shit son! Them two niggas dont really mention that shit too much in interviews but the god remembers the shit clear as fuck. Word.
Aight peace

As much as the beat is all over the place, I can't hate Lex. He's a 19 year who until recently only used FL Studio. Kid is doing his thing, he'll continue to grow.

From someone that loves Kanye and Jay, that was terrible. I don't think I'll ever listen to it again. Let's hope the album is much better.

I just realized on the last page I called this Lasers pt. 2 when I actually meant Hate pt. 2. I guess I love that pew pew pew line so much that I called the song Lasers :lol

but yeah, I echo the "it's kinda wack...but I like it for some reason" sentiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom