• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungHav

Banned
enzo_gt said:
Dude, when did you go from complete Jay-Z stan to like the biggest Nas stan GAF has seen?
I'm not anyone's stan, there is a pecking order of things in rap music. People kept trolling Jay-Z in the MBDTF thread and this one, saying Kanye is better, so I had to rep Jay-Z on that one. As for God's Son, Hov is still shook.

kamspy said:
That would be a real cat fight there. I like em both as artists, but I bet neither can throw hands for shit.
Nas fought Nore in a club. If you can fight Nore you can kill Jay. Nore smashed a flowpot over Nas head because he was scared as the fight went on.

SUPREME1

Banned
killakiz said:
It's not on Amazon??? was hoping for the $5 Amazon deal..

On a related note:

There is an album for sale on Amazon by the name of Watch The Throne by Kenya Wrist.

Do yourself a favor and read the single review for it. Some dude got suckered into buying it and still took the time to review it.

Had me cracking up.

SUPREME1 said:
On a related note:

There is an album for sale on Amazon by the name of Watch The Throne by Kenya Wrist.

Do yourself a favor and read the single review for it. Some dude got suckered into buying it and still took the time to review it.

Had me cracking up.
holy SHIT.

8lbRH.png

qZjkU.png

I am DYING.

Knux-Future said:
Nina Simone.

Bubble's song is a cover ( Simone's might be too but still).
Nina Simone's is the original as far as I know and she does it best...

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
spindashing said:
holy SHIT.

http://i.imgur.com/8lbRH.png[/IG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qZjkU.png[/IG]
I am DYING.

Nina Simone's is the original as far as I know and she does it best...[/QUOTE]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

thats just fucking hilarious

YoungHav

Banned
wow @ this album. My prediction was right, Distant Relatives >>>>>>>>> Watch the Throne. lol @ some of the stuff on this. Kanye ruins so many songs and the production sucks at some points.

kamspy

YoungHav said:
Nore smashed a flowpot over Nas head because he was scared as the fight went on.

That's called NORE fucking Nas up. NORE is a real street cat. Nas is a project window kid.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Spl1nter said:
ni**as in paris is a perfect car song.

Was giving the mean face to everyone this morning on my drive to work then mean facing again on my walk to my car and drive home.

Korey

I really love this exchange in Why I Love You

[Jay-Z] Wasn’t I a good king?

[Kanye West] Maybe too much of a good thing, huh?

[Jay-Z] Didn’t I spoil you? Me or the money, what you loyal to?

[Kanye West] Huh, I gave you my loyalty

[Jay-Z] Made you Royalty and royalties

[Kanye West] Took care of these n****s lawyer fees

[Jay-Z] And this is how n****s rewardin' me

[Kanye West & Jay-Z] Damn

Ashhong said:
Funny, I thought it was more like MBDTF 2 ft. Jay Z. Remember when Yeezy said he was making MBDTF a real hip hop album? I feel like this is that album, even if it's not as "real" as we were all expecting.

Felt more like a pop album to me. Doesn't go hard at all. The samples are my favourite part which is a bad thing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
roosters93 said:
Felt more like a pop album to me. Doesn't go hard at all. The samples are my favourite part which is a bad thing.
Wait what? How? What kind of pop music do you listen to?

Lift off is the only remotely pop song, and even still it's not really because of the song's format.

Angry Fork

Gave it some more listens. I like the beat on Murder to Excellence, and Jay's flow on Niggas in Paris. Everything else I didn't like. 808s is still Kanye's best work production-wise without the shitty auto tune bs. And like I said before Jay hasn't been good since Black Album so I wasn't expecting anything from him anyway.

Davidion

OG Kush said:
Anyone know the samples for Who Gon stop me and Why i love you? I def heard them somewhere, dubstep or something?

Flux Pavilion's I can't Stop and Cassius's I love You, both all of a year and change old. And it's not so much sampling as it is just taking the whole damn track and putting a matte scrub on it. Pretty boring.

enzo_gt said:
Wait what? How? What kind of pop music do you listen to?

Lift off is the only remotely pop song, and even still it's not really because of the song's format.

Lift Off, Frank Ocean, all the samples. But yeah pop was hyperbole. It just feels very breezy and yeah doesn't go very hard in my opinion.

Is that Swizz Beatz on Welcome to the Jungle? Gross if it is

mileS

PhoenixDark said:
Let me off, I'm done with life. what the fuck

Yea I feel pretty stupid asking that now, but what can I say? I haven't heard anything from Nina Samone that I know of, well to be fair I don't know much from that Bublé dude either. That and the fact that they mess with some of these samples so much its hard to tell. If I only know Nina Samone by name I'm not sure how I'm supposed to magically know its her on the track.

Baby Milo said:
lol at how everyone is calling this Lasers 2

It's more like Lasers done right.

Lupe tried to create a pop anthem album when it's not his lane. This is right up Ye and Jay's alley...also they don't try to sound deep when the track doesn't call for it.

This is coming from someone who thought Lasers was not crap but mediocre and sounded like a throwaway Kid Cudi album.

Recon

Banned
Knux-Future said:
It's more like Lasers done right.

Lupe tried to create a pop anthem album when it's not his lane. This is right up Ye and Jay's alley...also they don't try to sound deep when the track doesn't call for it.

This is coming from someone who thought Lasers was not crap but mediocre and sounded like a throwaway Kid Cudi album.

Again, he was kinda forced. Doesnt excuse some of the dumb rhymes, but it really wasnt entirely his fault.

The M.O.B

snack said:

If Game is able to surpass WTT (9/10 album imo) then he has my respect but right now he is just clowning himself even further. He obviously isn't going to do anywhere near the numbers but if he can just put out a solid product maybe he won't look like such an idiot.

Lil Wayne has a chance sales wise but I haven't liked any of his singles so far, How to Love automatically makes me dock his album one point.

Btw WTT is predicted to do 400K-500K by the "experts", I'm thinking more like 600k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom