• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudder

enzo_gt said:
Holy fucking shit @ Game hahahahahahahhaha oh my goodness. Ether.

FUCK YEAH!

Also, I love this line from Ye in Illest Motherfucker Alive:

Bulletproof condoms, when I'm in these hoes
Got staples on my dick, why? fucking Centerfolds.
fixed

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Favourites right now : No Church In The Wild, New Day, Who Gon Stop Me, Why I Love You, and Murder to Excellence. I'm enjoying HAM a lot more this time around as well. The album lived up to my expectations, and is everything I wanted it to be, the only tracks I skip are Lift Off and Gotta have it. Not sure if I can say I enjoy it more then MDTBF, I'll have to give it a lot more listens before I can make that judgement, but really fun and energetic album to listen to, hype went up 10 points for their concert in November.

A day later, this album has boiled down to No Church In The Wild, Who Gon Stop Me, Murder To Excellence, Welcome To The Jungle, Why I Love You, Illest MFer Alive, and Primetime.

Everything else? Meh.

Dartastic

Finally giving this my first listen. Whoever said this was better than MBDTF is so, so wrong. It's pretty dang good, but it feels really disjointed. When it's good, it's GOOD. Listening to Why I Love You now. This is really good, and I love the throwback with the higher pitched samples. Murder to Excellence was GREAT, and New Day as well as No Church in the Wild were really, really good too. That guitar riff on No Church... GATDAMN. Who Gon Stop Me was really interesting too, even if Jay seemingly couldn't keep up with the beat, or something.... But like, there are really, really off points too. Made in America's beat is kinda weird and out of place, and Lift Off SHOULD be way, way better than it is. Jay's "verse" (if you can even call it that) in that song is... uh.... yeah.

Murder to Excellence is the highlight so far, by far outside of NCitW. I'm about to start listening to Illest Motherfucker Alive now; the 3 minutes of silence just finished. :p ...also, is anyone gonna subscribe to Yeezy's life? hahah
I might. -.-

HAM will always be shit, btw. ICK.

Edit - Halfway through Illest now. It's what HAM probably should have been. Haha.

Edit 2 - SKIPPED HAM. Primetime is sick too!

Dartastic said:
Finally giving this my first listen. Whoever said this was better than MBDTF is so, so wrong. It's pretty dang good, but it feels really disjointed. When it's good, it's GOOD. Listening to Why I Love You now. This is really good, and I love the throwback with the higher pitched samples. Murder to Excellence was GREAT, and New Day as well as No Church in the Wild were really, really good too. That guitar riff on No Church... GATDAMN. Who Gon Stop Me was really interesting too, even if Jay seemingly couldn't keep up with the beat, or something.... But like, there are really, really off points too. Made in America's beat is kinda weird and out of place, and Lift Off SHOULD be way, way better than it is. Jay's "verse" (if you can even call it that) in that song is... uh.... yeah.

Murder to Excellence is the highlight so far, by far outside of NCitW. I'm about to start listening to Illest Motherfucker Alive now; the 3 minutes of silence just finished. :p ...also, is anyone gonna subscribe to Yeezy's life? hahah
I might. -.-

HAM will always be shit, btw. ICK.

Edit - Halfway through Illest now. It's what HAM probably should have been. Haha.

Edit 2 - SKIPPED HAM. Primetime is sick too!
If I enjoyed HAM then I will probably love this album.

Really, all I want is an instrumental for the first section of "who gon stop me". The lyrics are all but forgettable, but damn, that beat could hype me in the gym for hours.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
:lol I did the same this morning, I woke up and gave it a listen thinking "maybe I was just super tired last night, maybe it won't be shit" and got half way through before I skipped. We get it Beyonce YOURE HEADED FOR THE FUCKING STARS. I just assume Beyonce told Jay she wouldn't suck his dick for a week if he didn't put it on, the only reason I can see it being there.

TangMeng

overcast said:
Just listened to Lift Off again to check... still not a good song. I don't understand 75% of what Jay says in it.

:lol I had to look up the lyrics in the digital booklet. The Earnhart line is pretty good, it's a shame you can't actually make it out in the song.

e: actually listening for it I hear it. I guess before I was too busy thinking WTF is this shit.

snack

tumblr_locvxkM2a01qlfg4qo1_500.gif

Natiko

Banned
Oh damn, they're killing it. Not surprising I suppose. I wonder if Tha Carter IV will be able to top it? Is there even any excitement for that album even amongst his fans? I'm not sure that I've really heard it get mentioned very much..

overcast

The Carter 4 will do well. Shouldn't sell as much as 2 or 3. It has 6'7 on it right?

I don't follow Lil Wayne so I don't know much.

Hieberrr said:
I can't lie, but "Lift Off" is starting to grow on me :lol

definitely. it was pretty boring on the snippets n first listen but after taking some time to absorb it all, its a great song. one of my faves actually. the last minute is fantastic

new day is also another great track

TangMeng

Natiko said:
Oh damn, they're killing it. Not surprising I suppose. I wonder if Tha Carter IV will be able to top it? Is there even any excitement for that album even amongst his fans? I'm not sure that I've really heard it get mentioned very much..

How to love is doing well on iTunes and has been on the radio alot (unfortunately). I really have no idea how well it'll do though, it seems like alot of people aren't into him anymore. Should be interesting to see his numbers.

On topic: Why I love Gucci Mane is my favorite track atm. I don't think the ending is abrupt like some of you guys.

Ominym

Banned
spindashing said:
Watch the Patron: by Game x Lil Wayne
Tracklisting:
01 No Sizzurp in the Wild (ft. Aubrey)
02 Hop Off (out of the station wagon) (ft. Nicki Minaj)
03 Niggas in the Bodega
04 Uncle Otis (ft. Uncle Ruckus)
05 Gotta Steal It
06 What is Today's Date?
07 Crime Time
08 Parole Officers Stopped Me
09 Murder to Excellence
3 minutes of Nicki Minaj queefing
10 Welcome to Compton
11 Sweet Baby Birdman (ft. Aubrey)
12 Why I Send You Money (ft. Nas)

Bonus tracks:
13 Illest Marsupials Alive
14 S*P*A*M
15 That's My Nicki
16 The Toy (ft. Birdman)
Wouldn't one whole song have to consist of lighters starting, and inhales?

Because you know, Wayne is so edgy.

kamspy said:
Nah. RZA has used that sample before. To MUCH better effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWcZhWjMi20
Huh? How the hell is that "MUCH" better!? He just plonked a portion of the song at the beginning of a track that has absolutely nothing to do with said sample. That's not much better. That's shit. A least this second time round it's mixed into the beat (too much but whatever) and the sample has some significance to the song it's used within.

wenis said:
No Church in the Wild is coming out my favorite so far.

Not sure what you all were complaining about with the Auto-Tune...it's so minimal and at the end of the track that it's just a non-issue. It's not like it's overbearing the track either, it's done in a clever way by letting it blend in with the rough ass funky beat and creating this great texture that I dig quite a bit.
Huh? What song you listening to? Cause on my copy the auto tune starts at 1:49 which is before the middle of the track, not the end, it comes between verses and is definitely overbearing. Considering Frank can actually sing it's simply ridiculous that it was used, doesn't sound good at all!

overcast

Just realized, the Illuminati conspirators are going to have a field day on this album. Kanye and Jay-Z? It might as well be the anti-christ spitting rhymes.

Feature

Banned
spindashing said:
Watch the Patron: by Game x Lil Wayne
Tracklisting:
01 No Sizzurp in the Wild (ft. Aubrey)
02 Hop Off (out of the station wagon) (ft. Nicki Minaj)
03 Niggas in the Bodega
04 Uncle Otis (ft. Uncle Ruckus)
05 Gotta Steal It
06 What is Today's Date?
07 Crime Time
08 Parole Officers Stopped Me
09 Murder to Excellence
3 minutes of Nicki Minaj queefing
10 Welcome to Compton
11 Sweet Baby Birdman (ft. Aubrey)
12 Why I Send You Money (ft. Nas)

Bonus tracks:
13 Illest Marsupials Alive
14 S*P*A*M
15 That's My Nicki
16 The Toy (ft. Birdman)

Is this real? (and released?)

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
digging church in the wild, so relaxing,

giving the album another chance, i hated it yesterday, but today i'm feeling it alot more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom