• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

cacophony

This would be so much better if they followed a theme. Listening to it back to back feels so disorganized.

I think I'm going to make a 'castle music' playlist.

barnone

My favorites are Otis, Gotta have it, Lift Off, New Day, and The Joy has been amazing since GOOD Fridays.

Digging pretty much everything. A few will take time to grow on me.
songs that take a while to grow on you, are these good or bad?... haha

christ0phe

Neo Member
Murder to Excellence is stunning. Simply stunning. The 2nd beat is incredible. I also love New Day. Really feeling the contemplative stuff. Gotta Have It is really good too.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
No Church in the Wild is coming out my favorite so far.

Not sure what you all were complaining about with the Auto-Tune...it's so minimal and at the end of the track that it's just a non-issue. It's not like it's overbearing the track either, it's done in a clever way by letting it blend in with the rough ass funky beat and creating this great texture that I dig quite a bit.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
christ0phe said:
Murder to Excellence is stunning. Simply stunning. The 2nd beat is incredible. I also love New Day. Really feeling the contemplative stuff.
And this is exactly why this album isn't as great as it could be for me

See New Day? See MtE? This shows that Kanye and Jay-Z, cooperatively, can do songs full of substance, and the outcome is great. What if the album was like that for the majority of it, and then songs like Niggas in Paris and such could have 2-4 spots. I'm tired of the bragging.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
vferrel said:
Like a boss
KuGsj.gif

DominoKid

upJTboogie said:
2005 Game could do it.

2005 Game sucked too. He just had 50 Cent's guiding hand and some beast production to cover it up. No coincidence that once he got out on his own (w/o 50/Dre) his music went to shit.

I cant stop listening to Gotta Have It.

Album is amazing, I give it a 4.5/5. I love most of the songs. As far as AOTY goes, I think this might be it for me. Im just waiting for Cole World before Im sure.

Ephemeris

Stat Flow said:
And this is exactly why this album isn't as great as it could be for me

I wish I could give you this feelin; I’m planking on a million.

Checking out the digital booklet...

"Murder" Produced by Swizz Beatz

id4rbY.gif

That son of a bitch Swizzy got me again.

281x211.jpg

new day is really cool

shame the beat is fucking ruined with the sample though. whenever it comes on during jays verse i can barely hear him. who the fuck mixed this shit

DominoKid

Ephemeris said:
I wish I could give you this feelin; I’m planking on a million.

Checking out the digital booklet...

"Murder" Produced by Swizz Beatz

id4rbY.gif

That son of a bitch Swizzy got me again.

281x211.jpg

lol if you were Swizzy and could get mad bank making Casio beats you wouldnt try hard that often either. he probably made most of his shitty beats in between Alicia Keys fuck sessions anyway

Watch the Patron: by Game x Lil Wayne
Tracklisting:
01 No Sizzurp in the Wild (ft. Aubrey)
02 Hop Off (out of the station wagon) (ft. Nicki Minaj)
03 Niggas in the Bodega
04 Uncle Otis (ft. Uncle Ruckus)
05 Gotta Steal It
06 What is Today's Date?
07 Crime Time
08 Parole Officers Stopped Me
09 Murder to Excellence
3 minutes of Nicki Minaj queefing
10 Welcome to Compton
11 Sweet Baby Birdman (ft. Aubrey)
12 Why I Send You Money (ft. Nas)

Bonus tracks:
13 Illest Marsupials Alive
14 S*P*A*M
15 That's My Nicki
16 The Toy (ft. Birdman)

snack

spindashing said:
Tracklisting:
03 Niggas in the Bodega
05 Gotta Steal It
06 What is Today's Date?
07 Crime Time
09 Murder to Excellence
10 Welcome to Compton

Bonus tracks:
14 S*P*A*M
15 That's My Nicki
16 The Toy (ft. Birdman)
wTEvw.png

Sullichin

Lol, a Game/Lil Wayne album would blow ass.

Does anyone here like Lil Wayne? Might not be the best thread for this but i'd love to hear --from anyone who likes drake/wayne/young money garbage-- why it's supposed to be any good.

I'm not the biggest fan of Kayne. But Lil Wayne and Drake are two people that somehow make him not seem like a tool in comparison.

..Anyway. To me so far this strikes me as better than the garbage rap that's on the radio, that's for sure. Good production too, doesn't seem to utilize that terrible "default" 808 snare (think its 808 anyway)/snare roll that's on so many pop rap songs.

I really don't like anyone in Young Money.

I used to be a Lil Wayne stan back in highschool/early college though. Not sure what went through my stupid head.

dafinezt

Banned
There are some really nice tracks on The Carter 3 but I don't think there's anything of his I've really liked since. Right Above It's kind of catchy I guess. Drake can be OK. Not a fan of any other Young Money member

LCfiner

The album is growing on me. I don’t think it’s a classic (as I believe MBDTF is) but I am still enjoying it more the more I listen to it. the standout tracks for me so far are:

No Church in the Wild
Ni**as in Paris
Otis
That’s my Bitch
Who Gon Stop Me
Murder to Excellence
Why I Love You

fun album.

Oozer3993

People often say rappers "ride" beats, as if they were vehicles. In that case, Lift Off is a damn Saturn V. It has the explosive thrust to put a skyscraper in lunar orbit.

DominoKid said:
lol if you were Swizzy and could get mad bank making Casio beats you wouldnt try hard that often either. he probably made most of his shitty beats in between Alicia Keys fuck sessions anyway

Fuck it. Swizzy, I love you. Teach me your ways. School me in the art of landing an incredibly talented, drop dead gorgeous singer/songwriter who's way out of my league.

GBONZZZZ

spindashing said:
Tracklisting:
03 Niggas in the Bodega
05 Gotta Steal It
06 What is Today's Date?
07 Crime Time
09 Murder to Excellence
10 Welcome to Compton

Bonus tracks:
14 S*P*A*M
15 That's My Nicki
16 The Toy (ft. Birdman)

Wonderful post. Bravo.

jaydogg691

Did anyone else pre-order from the WTT store? I heard that if you pre-ordered from there that you would get download code for WTT. I never heard of such thing when I ordered, but I was also hoping that it was coming out on the 2nd.

spindashing said:
I really don't like anyone in Young Money.

I used to be a Lil Wayne stan back in highschool/early college though. Not sure what went through my stupid head.

You were a sonic fan AND a Lil Wayne stan.

Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom