• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

KazenY2J

Best cover
CbCPTxIXEAE20NH.jpg

reKon

Banned
Probably the mixdown for creating the iso, if I had to guess?

If Mike Dean just posted this, I bet it's coming soon. Just has to go through whatever process it typically needs to. Unless the folks at TIDAL or wherever usually get the music to distribute out with at least a days notice, I could see this being ready for this evening.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
The file for CD pressing?

no idea.
It looks like a "pre-mastering" session in pro tools.

all the tracks in order. Making sure they flow. Comparing their relative levels.

Never worked on a hip-hop album, but in my world there would be a step after that.

hughesta

Banned
Don't think they're bonus tracks anymore, they are a part of the album now. I'd also say 35 minutes is an acceptable length for an album though.
I'd agree that 35 mins is fine for an album, but I do think the last four tracks are likely bonus'. 30 Hours and Fade both seemed to be cut for the final album played at MSG. It's possible Fade was only put back on after the crowd at MSG demanded it. Facts is a remix and NMPILA also seemed to be cut.

FML - Real Friends - Wolves as the closing tracks seems to be the only thing that really remained stable through each tracklist iteration.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
So Taylor Swift never gave approval of that line and Kanye is just lying?

What a surprise.
It's actually a smite more aggressively sexist than I associate with Kanye. Say what you will about his lyrics, but when it comes to that kinda stuff he is normally pretty good at playing it two ways. The Swift thing is kinda just gross.

I'm not sure her permission is anymore relevant than if my black friend gives me permission to record a song that is kinda racist.

Either way, it's just one track. I never wanted to be his friend.

Catvoca

Banned
I'd agree that 35 mins is fine for an album, but I do think the last four tracks are likely bonus'. 30 Hours and Fade both seemed to be cut for the final album played at MSG. It's possible Fade was only put back on after the crowd at MSG demanded it. Facts is a remix and NMPILA also seemed to be cut.

FML - Real Friends - Wolves as the closing tracks seems to be the only thing that really remained stable through each tracklist iteration.

Yeah, I get what you mean but I don't think he's going to call the last 4 tracks bonus, I think he's just going to treat them as part of them album. I guess we'll see what happens soon (hopefully).

Kaizer

Banned
Man I love this thread, we done reached KTT levels of confusion/thirst. I partially feel like taking a sleeping pill and not waking up until Sunday - hopefully all this fuckery will be sorted out by then lmao

Ashhong

I totally agree; I'm just don't think it's that big of a deal and I'm not anoyed by it.

Glad we cleared that all up though; sorry if I wasn't more clear in my initial post. Was just kind of fucking around because Kanye hasn't exactly been a consumate professional when it came to this "release" either.

Brofist.gif

I'm just hungry here

Catvoca

Banned
Man I love this thread, we done reached KTT levels of confusion/thirst. I partially feel like taking a sleeping pill and not waking up until Sunday - hopefully all this fuckery will be sorted out by then lmao
People do strange things when they're starving

Ye with them tweet blasts. Doubt hes lying with all those very specific details about calling Swift. Its like I said yesterday, her PR team gave it away when they said she didnt know about the lyric but somehow issued a warning to Ye about the songs "strongly misogynistic" message. They was talkin out both sides of their mouth.

Servbot24

Banned
Ye with them tweet blasts. Doubt hes lying with all those very specific details about calling Swift. Its like I said yesterday, her PR team gave it away when they said she didnt know about the lyric but somehow issued a warning to Ye about the songs "strongly misogynistic" message. They was talkin out both sides of their mouth.

Yeah, not that I think Kanye would never lie or anything, but I trust him over some PR rep.

Though I don't really care enough that I'm placing my precious trust in anyone's hands

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've been
Feeling
All I'm
Giving
For My
Children
I Will
Die For Those I Love
God I'm
Willing
To make this
My Mission

tumblr_lno2uuOEcu1qhn7nqo1_500.gif

I've been
Feeling
All I'm
Giving
For My
Children
I Will
Die For Those I Love
God I'm
Willing
To make this
My Mission

tumblr_lno2uuOEcu1qhn7nqo1_500.gif

FML is absolutely the album highlight for me. Still trying to figure out what the sample in the outro is, pretty sure it's a Siouxsie or some other goth/post punk song.

jtb

Banned
FML is phenomenal. it is the perfect distillation of everything good about the weeknd fused with 808s era beat while ruthlessly trimming all the fat and stuff that makes him one of the most embarrassing artists in pop today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom