• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thing I checked from the new Mike Dean pic is the length of Wolves. It's not looking good length wise for any Sia/Mensa features. Hopefully he made some changes to the version heard on the stream yesterday though. I'd hate to put the song in the same "potential GOAT Ye tracks ruined by general fuckery" that All of the Lights resides in.

Either way, we almost there fam.

Edit: I'm also holding out on 30 Hours until the album officially drops. The impressions itt got me hyped though.

HEStNOZ.png

I love KTT sometimes. Purely enjoyable statements here and there.

I think it just really illustrates the paradoxical ironies and idosyncracies in our modern times in a much more bold yet subtle way that really corroborates this notion of bombastic yet refined culture in today's modern society of the world we live in

Yeah, you guys can laugh at this cover all you want, but you just don't see the meaning Ye out behind it. The album emphasizes the disparity between family and stardom(Real Friends, No More Parties in LA) and the album title just re-enforces that this is customary in 'The Life of Pablo' AKA the life of a genius/star. The album is centered around the enthralling fakeness and insincerity of fame. I think the most meaningful choice in the cover is the color. It's a beautiful shade of -wait, is that the color salmon? Salmon! That's a fish, and Kanye used to be highly influenced by a fish meme(gay fish) back around MBDTF. In songs like Gorgeous he showed how much he hated this South Park meme, but now he is shown to be embracing the shade... This shows Ye's acceptance of the past and his approach towards a new style, a new demeanor that will redefine him, hence why this cover is so polarizing. It's a new direction for an established genius!

I wish he would press his shit on vinyl properly.

I also think the mix on stuff from the stream sounded great pre-mastering and fear that the fact its basically being mastered in one day its going to basically sound like an ozone brickwall preset.

Kyzer

Banned
I wish he would press his shit on vinyl properly.

I also think the mix on stuff from the stream sounded great pre-mastering and fear that the fact its basically being mastered in one day its going to basically sound like an ozone brickwall preset.

Nah it'll sound like a $40,000 preset. A pro's default chain and touch will be nicer automatically

NotLiquid

Wonder how long it takes for Ye to secure sampling licenses and collaborator deals for everyone he has on the album for him to include new tracks on this short of a notice. He basically included more collaborators in tracks that up until today weren't meant to be there and new samples on a commercial release.

Or maybe they figure that shit after it's made money lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
FML is absolutely the album highlight for me. Still trying to figure out what the sample in the outro is, pretty sure it's a Siouxsie or some other goth/post punk song.
Agreed.

For me, reserving complete judgment for the CDQ, not every song on this album comes together or it tries to do too much, FML is just perfect. From lyrics to content to production to the overall feel.

Lmao it's gonna take a long time for this meme to stop being funny to me
Yeah, there are so many good ones out there (mostly poking fun at the art).

Wonder how long it takes for Ye to secure sampling licenses and collaborator deals for everyone he has on the album for him to include new tracks on this short of a notice. He basically included more collaborators in tracks that up until today weren't meant to be there and new samples on a commercial release.

Or maybe they figure that shit after it's made money lol
Samples can get cleared in advance of songs being made/completed, and I assume Kanye's camp is pretty proactive about this kind of stuff at this point.

https://instagram.com/p/BBsyxG3g0VF/
Cudi so happy he doesn't sound like shit for once.

Where's MOTM3 yo
God this shit is gonna be so epic. La Flame geeking out too, I wonder if this is the first time he's meeting CuDi.

As it stands.. I got Ultra Light Beam as the highlight of the album for me and I'd go as far as to say Chance does the most with his feature on the album out of all the guest spots. FML is a very close second to Ultra Light Beam though.

FML is definitely the best thing I heard on that stream. Top 5 kanye song, best thing weeknd's done in a while too

Pretty much the hold my Liquor of the album for me

Love that outro so much too

I'm glad for the fuckery because the original album ordering doesn't work at all.
Opening with Famous and having Ultra Light Beam after Wolves would've been weird as hell.
I'm not liking the sequencing of the bonus tracks either, gonna have to swap around a few of those.

What songs have we heard that are missing? Just Only One and All Day?

As it stands.. I got Ultra Light Beam as the highlight of the album for me and I'd go as far as to say Chance does the most with his feature on the album out of all the guest spots. FML is a very close second to Ultra Light Beam though.
Based off hearing it once on a stream, I'd agree. And I don't even like Chance much. He was so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom