• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

Aaaarrrrgghhhhh its not out yet ?!

Just drop the beat Ye, we need to eat Ye, stop sending that Tweet Ye, is this gonna drop today?!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
you should check out Gesaffelstein if you're into Send it Up.

Catvoca

Banned
You know who I'm really mad it? Spotify and their "the album will be on our service soon" bullshit. Don't tell me you're going to have the album soon when Yeezy's not even done with it, it's ridiculous.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
You know who I'm really mad it? Spotify and their "the album will be on our service soon" bullshit. Don't tell me you're going to have the album soon when Yeezy's not even done with it, it's ridiculous.
He probably told his label a thing and they told Spotify a thing and then he doubled back.
If we're making a list of people who have a history of being a we bit eccentric and exaggerating from time to time...
I may put Kanye on the list over Dale
from Spotify.

Catvoca

Banned
He probably told his label a thing and they told Spotify a thing and then he doubled back.
If we're making a list of people who have a history of being a we bit eccentric and exaggerating from time to time...
I may put Kanye on the list over Dale
from Spotify.

Haha, that's true. I'm just so hungry man :(

I mean, I love Yeezus and always can't stand people wishing for "old Kanye" back but I don't think it was supposed to be some throwback, just a soft ending to a very abrasive/angry album to talk about his relationship in a funny, touching, and original way.
It's in no way a downgrade from "old Kanye" , it's like a Devil In A New Dress style verse from him.
What makes it "imitating himself"?

I feel like every time Kanye rhymes over a particular style of beat people are like "omg it's the old Kanye. I knew he still had it in him." It's the same dude. The beat's just different. I don't think old Kanye is a beat or him refraining from using autotune.

Also I'm still disappointed in Devil In A New Dress. Lovely beat but his verse is like a setup for something that he never elaborates on. Or he talks around something he never gets to. This dude used to be good for a 16 or two but I guess that's not fashionable anymore. I've readjusted to what expect from Kanye, some dope beats, maybe a line or two. Honestly I don't mind but when I hear old Kanye being mentioned I associate it with saying a bit more than he does now.

edit: To clarify the key difference I feel now is new Kanye is more rapper/song writer rather than a more traditional rapper

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
so is it out yet?! no? ok....

tumblr_m5bdhuCLF31qk4y5ao5_250.gif

Owari

"Man I fought for Waves and stayed up all night finishing it"

I don't get why the album wasn't done when the release date was announced?

T Dollarz

The crazy thing is that Ye's been working on this album seemingly 24/7 for a couple days now, including the MSG performance, it's still not finished yet and he's performing on SNL in like 14 hours... Idk man... He set himself up for this but shit is crazy

Owari

The crazy thing is that Ye's been working on this album seemingly 24/7 for a couple days now, including the MSG performance, it's still not finished yet and he's performing on SNL in like 14 hours... Idk man... He set himself up for this but shit is crazy
Maybe he uses the pressure to motivate himself. I do the same thing. It's weird.

Catvoca

Banned

He watched Tron in the middle here too.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
That sounds like the funnest job ever. No lies.

So damn glad i did not stay up all night for this. Have to admit that browsing through these pages was pretty entertaining. The shit he is pulling here though is ridiculous, oh it was Chance's fault huh? Right.

When was that first tweet that the album was finished? Last week wasn't it? When it still had only 10 tracks. Don't get me wrong, i love that there are now 17 (18?) tracks, but i am not excited anymore. He's fucking not even finished yet and who knows...he might cut things again, i'll be happy when it's finally out. If it's not releasing after SNL today, it's simply not coming out this weekend.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Maybe we imagined this album. All so hungry we've been collectively fever dreaming Pablo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom