• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

My theory is the album has been done for a week or longer. This stuff is just to drum up social media fervor for the release.

Odd that waves the title track at some point gets removed and added back in at the last minute.

We all know Kanye loves the media attention.

He loves media attention but no way this is staged.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's Kanye we're talking about. The whole SNL thing would make sense but that's the thing, Kanye and making sense....... Yeah.

I barely know any of his music, except for his verse on Busta Rhymes latest mixtape, but I assume he's shit then?

You gotta get this blasphemy out of here. I'm about to go listen to acid rap.

Wait so what actually happened? I missed it. Hard to follow sometimes

2HqVlG7.png

I barely know any of his music, except for his verse on Busta Rhymes latest mixtape, but I assume he's shit then?

I'm mostly kidding, I like Chance the Rapper. Try out his mixtape, Acid Rap.

Izuna

Banned
This is not a lie

I have decided to try and make my first rap song (with NO prior practice) before the album comes out

When Kanye gives you fuck all you gotta make your own music

watch this space, it'll be the worst song but better than nothing

Timeless

My theory is the album has been done for a week or longer. This stuff is just to drum up social media fervor for the release.

Odd that waves the title track at some point gets removed and added back in at the last minute.

We all know Kanye loves the media attention.
Would not surprise me.

It's best if you just do something in the meantime. Don't waste your time waiting for that shit to drop, it might not even drop this weekend. Wouldn't surprise me one bit. One thing is for sure I've never quite experienced a album release situation as crazy and unusual as this, lol.

Well, if this is Kanye's White Album, then maybe next will be his Get Back/Let it Be sessions. It'll be an album with the intention of capturing the College Dropout sound and the production will be a complete disaster. Kanye will sever ties with people in his crew like Mike Dean and the project will be cancelled. That is until Dean passes the tapes over to Swizz Beats in an attempt to salvage the project. The rest will be history.

I might have went a bit too much KTT on that one.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This is not a lie

I have decided to try and make my first rap song (with NO prior practice) before the album comes out

Maybe Kanye will add it to TLOP.

I'm just gonna listen to runaway on repeat until this comes out.

Omg I've never heard the clean version.. I sent this girl a picture of my HEY

Foshy

This is not a lie

i support this notion, go ahead fam

fuck i had a remix of feed back out before he released the final version

too bad soundcloud took it down but here's the reupload if someone wants to hear it http://we.tl/1ZMa9ARDYy

Well his last 2 albums were mixed poorly.
Cruel Summer too! (Remember Mercy.1, etc?)
So I'm cool with waiting a few days for them to get it right this time.

It'll probably just drop after SNL like Thug said all along.

Izuna

Banned
i support this notion, go ahead fam

No joke. I'm 50% of my way through some emotionally fuelled lyrics and I'm going to put together some POS sampled background music. Give me like, 3 hours.

--

Q: does the one-drop rule apply to the use of the n word?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Don't get the bitching lol.. We went from a 1p track LP to now what 17? He won't be putting out a new Ls anytime soon... So let the man finish his jobs.

I'm so ready for it.

Mdot

This is not a lie

Years ago in college I made a beat through FrootyLoops with samples from Jay and Biggie lines and had me and my two friends drop verses. Wasn't bad.

I listened to it again a few months ago finding it on my old HDD and it was so embarrassing lol. Still fun though so go for it.

Izuna

Banned
Years ago in college I made a beat through FrootyLoops with samples from Jay and Biggie lines and had me and my two friends drop verses. Wasn't bad.

I listened to it again a few months ago finding it on my old HDD and it was so embarrassing lol. Still fun though so go for it.

I think the key to receiving the best constructive criticism is to not worry about embarrassment

SKINNER!

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm5iA4Zupek

No look at ya sample.
It also cuts right after pusha's verse. Remember that whole movie that came out with MBDTF? that album launch was so organized compared to this. It's not better or worse.

I still remember the hype and anticipation on Neogaf before that album. It built up to a wonderful album release full of fulfilled expectations. Good times! No other album release came close to that feeling on Neogaf since then. Damn near magical!

This album however... Smh.

I recently listened to some old beats I made in high school, early college. Thought they were the shit back then, but they sound straight garbage to me now.

Don't get the bitching lol.. We went from a 1p track LP to now what 17? He won't be putting out a new Ls anytime soon... So let the man finish his jobs.

I'm so ready for it.

Agreed, but it's Kanye we're talking about here. Who knows, he might eventually end up with just the ten songs, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom