• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizer

Banned
2ce6692044add976b0eaf4f76a13a35e.500x281x22.gif

7e70c4a9c350ce59f9b9138e2c6172e0.500x281x24.gif

dca071638da2e2c068489b1fcb044a7a.500x281x18.gif

c8fe3156fc59886175f70d42784faacb.500x281x31.gif

024b00d8d447910179dca0a31556049a.500x281x14.gif

tumblr_n6v18rjk0X1qh9nffo6_500.gif

Kanye Bear is Ye's legacy bruh.

These make me wish it was possible for physical albums to have full motion covers - they're soooo good.

Empty

i'm not huge on the bear art for cd and or, but but the takashi murakami graduation one is fantastic. the life of pablo cover is a classic though, so many people saying he made it in five mins in paint will be calling it iconic in a decade *shrug*

Floridian

another huge on the Bears, but the takashi murakami graduation one is fantastic. the life of pablo cover is a classic though, so many people saying he made it in five mins in paint will be calling it iconic in a decade *shrug*

It's one of those "so bad it's good" type of things.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
if young Metro don't trust you ima shoot y-

kanye-loves-the-weeknd-vmas.gif

I GOT BROADS IN ATLANTA

giphy.gif

WE BOUT TO GET THIS PAPER

kanye-west-gif-3

SHE SPENT HER WHOLE CHEQUE ON CHRISTIANS
AND THAT GIRL AIN'T EVEN RELIGIOUS

kanye-west-spaz-dance-o.gif

SaviorX

This reminds me of when I was kid and I was hyped as hell when Shenmue dropped. Somehow I saved enough money to buy the damn game but I couldn't go to the mall...

My brother went to get it on my behalf and we didn't have cell phones back then so I waited out the house with my Dreamcast lid open,extra thirsty, waiting for him to bring that glorious case back.

I watched him walking towards the house through the window. I heard him walk up the stairs. I look him in the eye and he says,
"sorry bro, the only used copy at the store had Disc 1. It's a 2 CD game"

Devastating doesn't even describe that moment. Welcome to heartbreak.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
This reminds me of when I was kid and I was hyped as hell when Shenmue dropped. Somehow I saved enough money to buy the damn game but I couldn't go to the mall...

My brother went to get it on my behalf and we didn't have cell phones back then so I waited out the house with my Dreamcast lid open,extra thirsty, waiting for him to bring that glorious case back.

I watched him walking towards the house through the window. I heard him walk up the stairs. I look him in the eye and he says,
"sorry bro, the only used copy at the store had Disc 1. It's a 2 CD game"

Devastating doesn't even describe that moment. Welcome to heartbreak.
damn that's depressing lol

nib95

Banned
I'm not as hyped for this album any more. It's not me being a man baby as a result of the delays either. I'm just not confident that so much last minute work and so many late patch ups is actually a sensible way to work towards getting something more polished and cohesive. I fear he'll make questionable last minute changes and it may sound a bit mish mashy. I mean, I appreciate it being longer with more tracks etc, exactly what I wanted, but the fear is changes to individual tracks might be for the worse. Even late edits to tracks like Wolves with Vic and Sia being cut etc worry me. I know Vic's management said that stream version wasn't final, but I guess we'll see.

Village

808's doesn't have a bad song, it's second only to MBDTF. Trust a Sonic fan to have garbage opinions.
808's has one good song because the hook has kudi on it, and one other song that got good when Flylo remixed it

Also MBDTF is number 4 in the kanye album chart, Which isn't bad. Its just 4.

On that note, would by a Flylo/Thundercat Ye album. Or that april fools Flylo doom album.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm not as hyped for this album any more. It's not me being a man baby as a result of the delays either. I'm just not confident that so much last minute work and so many late patch ups is actually a sensible way to work towards getting something more polished and cohesive. I fear he'll make questionable last minute changes and it may sound a bit mish mashy. I mean, I appreciate it being longer with more tracks etc, exactly what I wanted, but the fear is changes to individual tracks might be for the worse. Even late edits to tracks like Wolves with Vic and Sia being cut etc worry me. I know Vic's management said that stream version wasn't final, but I guess we'll see.
We don't know that Vic and sia being cut are late edits though. Obviously he's working like this to the very last minute but he's done this with a couple of albums now more specifically yeezus and 808s (which was made in a few weeks).

sephi22

Could someone tell me how payment for features/verses works? Like, do artists get paid up front for their verses? What about those that don't make it? (Vic/Sia) If an artist makes it on to the album, do they get royalties based on sales or something?

Catvoca

Banned
808's has one good song, and one other song that good good when Flylo remixed it

On that note, would by a Flylo/Thundercat Ye album. Or that april fools Flylo doom album.

Listen to Street Lights, Paranoid, Welcome to Heartbreak, Say You Will and See You in My Nightmares and tell me there's only one good song. You're crazy.

nib95

Banned
We don't know that Vic and sia being cut are late edits though. Obviously he's working like this to the very last minute but he's done this with a couple of albums now more specifically yeezus and 808s (which was made in a few weeks).

Those are two of my least favourite albums of his, which doesn't exactly bode well. I really like what I heard from the stream (though I thought it was way too short), so I know it won't exactly be a flop, but by the same token I don't want all this last minute work to lend to it being messy and unpolished enough that it's no longer potential classic status. Maybe I'm just being too pessimistic, but it all just seems very rushed and sloppy.

woolley

808's has one good song because the hook has kudi on it, and one other song that got good when Flylo remixed it

MBDTF 4th? What are you on and can I have some? You sound like your in another demension.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Those are two of my least favourite albums of his, which doesn't exactly bode well. I really like what I heard from the stream (though I thought it was way too short), so I know it won't exactly be a flop, but by the same token I don't want all this last minute work to lend to it being messy and unpolished enough that it's no longer potential classic status. Maybe I'm just being too pessimistic, but it all just seems very rushed and sloppy.
I mean look at it this way. Those are just the albums I could reference off the top of my head but this being Kanye you know he's worked on every album down to the wire. Some may have cooked longer than others but I doubt any of his albums were done a long time before he released them.

Ok I feel you to the bolded. I need Ye x DOOM x Flylo x Thundercat x Madlib x Earl album. But come on bruh. Cudi can't compare to Street Lights fam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom