• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

nib95

Banned
I mean look at it this way. Those are just the albums I could reference off the top of my head but this being Kanye you know he's worked on every album down to the wire. Some may have cooked longer than others but I doubt any of his albums were done a long time before he released them.

Yea fair enough. If the late edits do suck, hopefully that guy leaks his earlier album copy so we can just use some of those versions instead.

This is the sonic 06 of kanye albums.

I see where you're coming from but the album, for better or worse, inspired a lot of acts that are still going strong today. Sonic 06 did not have that influence over the gaming world, lol.

Also, you guys don't have to jump on someone for having a different opinion than the norm, y'all. This is something I appreciate Kanye for, there are a lot of different opinions out there as to which albums are good or not with 808s being the most varied from what I see.

Zia

Definitive rankings:

Yeezus
The College Dropout
808s and Heartbreak
Graduation
Late Registration
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Watch Kanye tweeting later today with yet another changed tracklist. Several tracks removed, or added, but that I doubt. And then he says it's really releasing on the same day, lots of folks here again not sleeping and it still doesn't release though.... why? Because........ Kanye!

Ristifer

This still isn't out? I work super early in the morning, so I won't be up to see if it's out after SNL, and then I have work all day.

Come onnnnnnnn, Ye.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Kanye cycle is a go

bt4lWYS.jpg

After listening to the livestream rips and finding out there are seven(eight?) more songs, I'm pretty hyped. The songs he showed us showed a lighter, more fun Kanye that we haven't seen since pre-808s. Not too mention he included a bit more soul, gospel and including older songs back into his music. Highlights is a 2016 version of Good Life, I mean this in a good way. Freestyle 4 and Feedback sound somewhat like Yeezus tracks. Ultra Light Beam is great and sounds like it would belong on 'Surf', probably why he included Chance the Rapper on it. I suspect Waves will also go for a similar style given Chance the Rapper is on it. If you guys have been sleeping on 'Surf' you should check it out while you wait for Kanye's album. FML is probably my favorite track, this song and True Friends show a more vulnerable side to Kanye than we've seen probably since 808's and Heartbreak. Although that version of Wolves he released is awful compared to the one he released a year ago. Please Kanye fix Wolves, it doesn't deserve this.

Anyway I feel bad for anyone who is losing sleep or holding their breath for the albums imminent release. I'd just set my expectations as its releasing sometime in the short term future. It was obvious after the album didn't release Thursday that this whole thing is an unpredictable mess and no one, including Kanye, seems to have any clue what's going on.

Lets get the facts straight.

1.The College Dropout
2.Late Registration
3.Graduation
4.My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
5.808s and Heartbreak
6.Yeezus

It's not out at all. The best anyone has is rips from the listening party a few days ago

That's what I thought.

Latest thoughts on when it will be out to us poor plebs?

Also... The listing is.

1. MBDTF
2. The College Drop Out
3. Graduation
4. Late Registration
5. Yeezus
6. 808s

I just watched the episode of Community where Troy and Abed are tricked into waiting for like 24 hours to take part in a psychological experiment when really the waiting IS the experiment.

I have never identified more with a character in a TV show than I have right now.

Community05.gif

tumblr_inline_mgbw97mYkW1rbpqg7.gif

213372bu

Banned
Yeezus
Graduation
CD
808s
LR
MBDTF

Where Yeezus + Graduation + CD are all equal in that I like pretty much every track on the album and can never get tired of it.

808s is good, but wouldn't say it's better than any in the top 3.

LR had some bloat, but all in all it had better highs than MBDTF.

MBDTF is still good though.

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
1.My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
2.808s and Heartbreak
3.Late Registration
4.Graduation
5.The College Dropout
6.Yeezus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom