• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolOff

The Famous-beat goes.

giphy.gif

WOOOOO

technically everything after wolves is bonus anyways.

man can't believe ppl were hating on post malone being on this a while back. his part is the best on fade.

Not counting the bonus tracks means I don't count Fade which is unacceptable. Can't conveniently forget the chaff when I'm looking for my wheat.

30 Hours is SO much better without all the stuff at the end btw. Talk about ruining a track.

fauxtrot

Banned
It's decent but doesn't have the cohesiveness or consistency of Yeezus (let alone MBDTF). Hopefully it'll grow on me and some of the trash lines won't stick out as much as they do right now.

I wish he would have gone fully out there, as some of the songs sound too much like they would fit on an album of the artist being featured on the track rather than sounding like they're joining Kanye on something of his own.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
they do the album no justice, if you can..listen to the recorded tracks first. his worst snl performance for sure. he was probably tired and rushed though. this album's release has been extremely down to the wire.

Highlights was....eh, but Ultra light beam was awesome, granted he didnt actually seem to do much on it :D

Farsi

Famous was the only track that I had a smile on my face throughout.

Some of the beats are great. Pablo sure is a great producer.

Yo, is it "Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 2" or just "Pt. 2"? Stupid Tidal & Kanye not being clear. I want to tag it correctly.

Clearly the second part of the song but my track is just labeled part 2.

Favorite track(s) on the album for me, followed by FML... So far. Just listened to the entire alnum on my phone with my P3s. Gonna listen to it on my HT when i actually get up.

Anyone know which game the perfect sample is from?

Izuna

Banned
1. Go Tidal and sign up to trial
2. Cancel subscription
3. No app for WP, try to stream from web
4. Doesn't fucking work

So great, I can't hear this out and about. What's my solution?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
They changed Fades opening from the live version, still good but much preferred the Choir coming in later than at the beginning

Reckoner

1. Go Tidal and sign up to trial
2. Cancel subscription
3. No app for WP, try to stream from web
4. Doesn't fucking work

So great, I can't hear this out and about. What's my solution?

You put up for this when you have a WP in 2016.

Pretty conflicted on the album overall. But 30 Hours is amazing.

Me too. The hype has been dying for me and I can't get over some of the lyrics. I mean, he has always been that way, but this time it is song ruining and too embarassing and tiring in a way that collides with the music.

Nabs

I wish I lived in the timeline where someone stopped 'Ye from spitting that bleached asshole line. The song sounds so good coming off of Ultra, but that verse ruins it. Both flows/styles on FSMH take away from the greatness surrounding it.

I think freestyle 4 should have a Pusha verse and Fade should be longer. Many highs, but a couple throwaway verses.

After a couple listens:

1. MBDTF
2. Late Registration
3. 808s
4. Yeezus
5. The Life of Pablo
6. Graduation
7. College Dropout

JimiNutz

Banned
spotify lets you do this, but it's really awkward to do so and basically requires you to delete all of your data to do it.

How do you do it?
I've only just got Spotify and don't want to bog down my internal storage when I have a perfectly good SD card to use.

How do you do it?
I've only just got Spotify and don't want to bog down my internal storage when I have a perfectly good SD card to use.

"Make sure your sd card has more than enough memory for the songs to be downloaded to, and then reset your Spotify, and while it's redownloading them all it will be saved to your sd card. "

I can confirm that this works, as I did it myself.

Catvoca

Banned
Production on this is so fantastic

Lyrics are so bad they kind of distract from the experience

Yeezus better overall imo

The lyrics were terrible on Yeezus as well though. At least this album has some good stuff, like NMPILA or even Chance verse on ULB, Yeezus' verses were pretty bad all round IMO.

But I'm also not that hot on Yeezus, I like it but it's my least favourite album of his (not counting colabs)

Servbot24

Banned
The lyrics were terrible on Yeezus as well though. At least this album has some good stuff, like NMPILA or even Chance verse on ULB, Yeezus' verses were pretty bad all round IMO.

But I'm also not that hot on Yeezus, I like it but it's my least favourite album of his (not counting colabs)

Yeah, Yeezus lyrics sucked too, but the production on that one was so loud that you didn't have them front and center like you do on Pablo

Wolves vox make me feel like I'm in the Persona 4 Velvet Room

NotLiquid

Waiting for this to be available in a downloadable format is going to be agonizing if it's anywhere near as good as what this thread is implying. Didn't expect this album to go down so well with people after all these last minute changes.

Mistle

Listening on my good headphones and man the master is so terrible :( was excited to hear ULB and it's clipped to hell and back (and I suspect the rest of the album is the same). hurts to listen to almost. I know they said it's intentional but what a terrible decision.

Nabs

Listening on my good headphones and man the master is so terrible :( was excited to hear ULB and it's clipped to hell and back (and I suspect the rest of the album is the same). hurts to listen to almost. I know they said it's intentional but what a terrible decision.

It's nice and edgy.

/s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom