• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If this really does bring tidal back it sets a terrible precedent. People are so thirsty they just want to drink.

Catvoca

Banned
Can I just purchase the album instead of being forced to use a streaming service.

Usually stream exclusives still have a download link.

Tidal payed ye a lot for this clearly. Nuts. Jay really trying to get back into the market.

Somone on Twitter's got you covered
CbM_eg3W0AAGJKj.jpg

I think he's just saying that his own site will sell the album at the same time that it hits the other music services. Not a big deal.

At this point, we all know that anything Kanye tweets can be interpreted multiple ways and is just as likely incorrect as it is correct.

So with that being said, Imma continue to make jokes about how annoying the mess of this release is.

213372bu

Banned
No matter how much these delays have helped the album, and how damn good the album is, this release has been really shitty.

Also, I doubt Tidal is going to be getting a huge surge of subscribers after it goes on sale. Most people are using their free trial, and Tidal's ability to make itself look like shit has happened again.

sdornan

What if TLOP is just a never-ending album? Like, Kanye just tinkers and adds shit and removes shit from it for years.
I would love if someone (doesn't have to be Kanye) maintained an album in a software sort of way, continuously releasing changes, taking feedback, and making more changes. Would be a really cool experiment.

He should also replace the 30 hours on the album with the soundcloud. The phone call was cool at first but it's gonna be a distractor
Yes please. It was annoying the first time.

Floridian

He should also replace the 30 hours album version with the soundcloud version. The phone call was cool at first but it's gonna be a distractor

robotrock

Banned
Those KTT guys who said TLOP was worse than their leak when it debuted at Yeezy Season 3, have they said anything about the new release?

No matter how much these delays have helped the album, and how damn good the album is, this release has been really shitty.

Also, I doubt Tidal is going to be getting a huge surge of subscribers after it goes on sale. Most people are using their free trial, and Tidal's ability to make itself look like shit has happened again.

You know they're still going to use those Free Trial numbers in a Press Release to talk about how their subscriber base jumped by 500% in the month of Feb and won't mention how much of them actually paid and how many actually cancelled.

I don't want to come off like a fanboy, because I'm not at all. But come on...just review the album. Spends way too much time talking about Kanye himself.

What it isn’t is consistent. Perhaps it’s the sound of a man over-reaching himself. Perhaps it’s a document of a mind coming increasingly unglued: you can find plenty of evidence here to support that interpretation. Or perhaps it’s something more prosaic. One of the weirder side effects of the Madison Square Garden event was to make his music seem like a secondary consideration to his fashion range. The focus seemed to be on the clothes, which might well explain the distinct lack of focus on the album.
Am I wrong in thinking this is garbage?

I don't want to come off like a fanboy, because I'm not at all. But come on...just review the album. Spends way too much time talking about Kanye himself.

Nah, you're right lol. This is the highest rated comment in their comments section

How did the editor let this review through? What are you trying to knock down the Metacritic score a few points? How bout some legitimate points about the album instead of just attacking the guy as a person and presenting general points with nothing to back it up...What an asinine review.

FZZ

Banned
Feel like this thread is definitely gonna get a second OT

Especially since final non-Tidal release isn't until next week

Servbot24

Banned

You're 100% right. Review the music please, I don't care whether the reviewer fancies the artist's tweets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom