• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something about this woman's voice in conjunction with the minimal amount of music is really clicking with me on Low Lights. Her voice is so....calming, reassuring, or something. Hard to explain. I keep coming back to this for whatever reason.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Use the SNL version of Wolves but keep Frank Ocean at the end.

Apart from that I think this album is wonderful. Tidal's alright too. Using the high quality stuff through my sound system. ULTRA LIGHT BEAM.

Feel like Kanye is doing things that haven't been done before, again. All big artists should be like this.

Him and Beyoncé are the two that I really feel are pushing boundaries. Long may it continue. How long for the next album?

Shame we lost that So Help Me God artwork though. I think it's amazing.

The Ummah

Banned
Pablo bought a Roley and a rottweiler
Seem like the more fame, I only got wilder
Hands up, we just doin what the cops taught us

I been outta my mind, a long time

TcezM.gif

Wabba

After repeated listinings the album is pure fire. So many great hits, some are not weighty enough to get the legend status. You get served an amazing beat or tune and right when you are digging it the most he hits you with a new dish. But as a album i am loving it.

And seeing as he is fixing Wolves and if he include the soundcloud version of 30 hours this will be my favorite album of Kanye.

So he is giving people no other choice than to subscribe to Tidal or acquire it illegally by torrenting it? Must be getting a lot of money for that week of Tidal exclusivity then...

Now he's fixing tracks? Wtf

Shneebs

Neo Member
Buying the album through Tidal actually worked for me, so I'm kind of annoyed I spent money on an album which is gonna be re-released in a week. I wonder if there will be anyway for me to redownload the new version.

Bowser

Anyone still need a link for the cleaned up Live verison? PSY-S? Anyone else?

Just got home and uploaded it. Thanks to the GAFer that cleaned it up on Friday.

Just listened through this and lmao at Young Thug putting his trash on at the end

Dies Iræ;195268313 said:
I also skip Low Lights (and will probably delete Silver Surfer).

Does anyone else feel like Waves is misplaced as track 10? I Love Kanye acts as a natural break in the album and Waves is an odd entrance into the FML-Real Friends-Wolves sequence.

Ah yeah, forgot Silver Surfer as well, that shit is dumb too. Album should end with 30 Hours.

Dies Iræ

I skip Low Lights
and Fade lol I hate it :3
, but yeah, the rest are great.

I also skip Low Lights (and will probably delete Silver Surfer).

Does anyone else feel like Waves is misplaced as track 10? I Love Kanye acts as a natural break in the album and Waves is an odd entrance into the FML-Real Friends-Wolves sequence.

Catvoca

Banned
FSMHP2, Feedback, Freestyle 4, Wolves & Fade should be about 1-2 minutes longer imo.

FML should be longer before it switches at the end. It deserves another Ye verse and another hook. The second verse is when it really gets going and then it's over too soon.

Agree with all yours though, except Freestyle 4. That track should be completely reworked or dropped completely, it's my least favourite on the album.

Izuna

Banned
So he is giving people no other choice than to subscribe to Tidal or acquire it illegally by torrenting it? Must be getting a lot of money for that week of Tidal exclusivity then...

He's just Jay's man. I doubt he's making much financial benefit from this.

nib95

Banned

Yea, if he really did leak it, it's almost like he's already content with whatever Tidal is paying him lol.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That purchase link on tidal is gone now.

The thirst was getting to me I was about to drop 20 even though I preordered.

God-tier songs: Ultra Light Beams, Famous (a beat switch that would make Drake and Travis envious), Feedback, Waves, FML, 30 Hours, NMPILA, Real Friends, Wolves, Fade

Everything else sorta falls along the good to meh tiers, but man, that is a really high concentration of amazing songs. If he trimmed this to a 10 song album like he intended, it would be amazing.

Actually, if he switched out Father Stretch My Hands for Feedback, this would be a phenomenal album that would probably be top 3 for me because even though it isn't cohesive, every moment on the songs above is so damn consistent I could overlook the thematic incohesiveness.

But as it stands, it is a very good project that is bloated, and really should have ended at Wolves with the tracks after being Deluxe Version tracks.

MThanded

Brehs do I just get a tidal account.

Don't think I'm made to make it another week.

I assume my download version will be post modifications. At least I'll hear the changes.

Kaizer

Banned
Tbh. I love fade but it feels a bit weird having it as the last track. Wolves or 30 Hours sounds like perfect closers.

Well technically speaking everything after Wolves are bonus tracks. He even ad-libs about 30 Hours being a bonus track during the song.

Kaizer

Banned

I assume my download version will be post modifications. At least I'll hear the changes.

Yes, my dude, just bite the bullet & you can cancel your account after getting the free trial & be able to listen for a month.

EDIT: Dammit, double post.

Red_Man

Surprised you've held out this long tbh

I spent my money and don't regret it one bit

nib95

Banned
God-tier songs: Ultra Light Beams, Famous (a beat switch that would make Drake and Travis envious), Feedback, Waves, FML, 30 Hours, NMPILA, Real Friends, Wolves, Fade

Everything else sorta falls along the good to meh tiers, but man, that is a really high concentration of amazing songs. If he trimmed this to a 10 song album like he intended, it would be amazing.

Actually, if he switched out Father Stretch My Hands for Feedback, this would be a phenomenal album that would probably be top 3 for me because even though it isn't cohesive, every moment on the songs above is so damn consistent I could overlook the thematic incohesiveness.

But as it stands, it is a very good project that is bloated, and really should have ended at Wolves with the tracks after being Deluxe Version tracks.

I disagree with this. I think the added tracks give it volume and diversity. Whilst it probably isn't quite as coherent (but that could be more to do with track order and how they blend together, as oppose to the number of tracks), it is a more enjoyable musical experience as a result. Had it stayed the original 10 track cut, I'd have felt short changed. Hell, even the 18 track version now is over too soon.

Sorry you going through the BS dude. They really aren't handling this well.

But yeah, if I were in a similar situation, I'd sign up for the trial and cancel. That'll give you 30 days to listen to the current version of the album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom