• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'd like to know this too. I know the HiFi sounds wonderful in my car, and that's where I play 90% of my music these days. I might just get the 90 day trial instead, and cancel the 30.
From the pricing it would seem like the answer is no. Claims after the trial you pay 9.99 which aligns with the regular trial. I think i will just do 30 day hifi.

Red_Man

When that fucking bass kicks in at the end of Fade

yyhnm9lopsbw.gif

JTripper

Not a huge fan of the album after first listen. Only a few songs I really like and the rest are eh to me.

One of Kanye's best intros though, even though I think the rest of the songs on the album are so different. ULB is great.

Some of the songs I like are strange in length too, like 30 Days which should be shorter and even though I love it I think ULB would benefit by being slightly longer.

NMPILA is good but mostly cause of Kendrick. I also dig Feedback and Highlights.

Overall I prefer Yeezus. I like its cohesiveness at least in its first half, which is amazing. TLOP is just not very cohesive.

Late Registration will always be king for me.

tizaffy

Neo Member
God-tier songs: Ultra Light Beams, Famous (a beat switch that would make Drake and Travis envious), Feedback, Waves, FML, 30 Hours, NMPILA, Real Friends, Wolves, Fade

Everything else sorta falls along the good to meh tiers, but man, that is a really high concentration of amazing songs. If he trimmed this to a 10 song album like he intended, it would be amazing.

Actually, if he switched out Father Stretch My Hands for Feedback, this would be a phenomenal album that would probably be top 3 for me because even though it isn't cohesive, every moment on the songs above is so damn consistent I could overlook the thematic incohesiveness.

But as it stands, it is a very good project that is bloated, and really should have ended at Wolves with the tracks after being Deluxe Version tracks.

Agree with the point of cohesivness but it can be forgiven due to the quality out there. Im pretty certain wolves onwards are "bonus" tracks.

MThanded

PSY・S;195274673 said:
don't think so. you have to join tidal for it and if you try to use the same email it'll say the account name is already taken.

The period trick works on tidal though. So if you have gmail you can make another account by adding a period somewhere

Brakke

Banned
If you install the Tidal iOS app you can download the album for "offline mode" and then you can play it locally through the app at least. I'll just deal with this until the album is for serious out and I can wipe Tidal out of my life lol.

I'd like to know this too. I know the HiFi sounds wonderful in my car, and that's where I play 90% of my music these days. I might just get the 90 day trial instead, and cancel the 30.

I was surprised how much louder but also clearer Tidal sounds compared to Spotify. i was using the extreme quality setting on Spotify and the highest on Tidal, which is not lossless and probably 320 like Spotify too. But Tidal clearly wins it with sound quality, i did not expect to hear that difference over my Bluetooth speaker.

I was going to go for Spotify for a full sub after all these trials, but now i am not so sure yet.

Ye been Jay's path to success since the early 2000s.

Hold on, what am i missing here. Kanye and Jay-Z are not good at the moment?

megalowho

The bleached asshole line stands out like a wet fart on a rocketship through space. Starting to grow on me though, just for how hilariously Kanye it is.

JTripper

The bleached asshole line stands out like a wet fart on a rocketship through space. Starting to grow on me though, just for how hilariously Kanye it is.

I find myself looking forward to it on a purely ironic level. It's the "hurry up with my damn croissants" line of this album.

Catvoca

Banned
Hold on, what am i missing here. Kanye and Jay-Z are not good at the moment?

Not sure I agree with the guy but the poster was saying Jay's been using Kanye for his own success since the early 2000's.

Edit: Or at least Kanye has been the way for Jay to succeed in recent years i.e WTT and their other collaborations.

MThanded

Is there a massive amount of clipping in this album or what.

Mike dean working his crushed black magic... /s

Wow I can't believe Kanye and Rih both took bullets for Jay Z less than a month from eachother while that ugly fuck sits in the back schemin.

#nodisrespecttokanye

#alldisrespecttojayz
Don’t Kanye and Rihanna own a share of Tidal as well? :)

Only thing I find weird is why he used Soundcloud instead of Tidal for his early releases. Good Fridays on Tidal would suck for me, but be good for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom