• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah but with auto tune he can actually convery a bit of emotion , albeit autotuned, as he cant sign (by his own admission).

Ive never had an issue with autotune when used at the right times.

That kind of emotion isn't working for me then, but that;s because he speaks more gibberish than he actually says understandable things. Thats why i don't get why people fuck with his style...i just don't. Agreed about autotune being ok when used at the right times. Just too much on this album though.

Where are some dope features from.... shit i don't know....Pusha T, Rick Ross, Game perhaps? MBDTF sure had some really dope features. Here? Basically only Chance the Rapper and Kendrick Lamar.

Thats what my last sentence was referring to. Maybe over time I will see it how you see it. Yeezus was garish for me on my first listen. I came around though.
That's how I feel here. Yeezus was like ugh to me at first; I thought he'd lost his mind. Now I like at least 4 songs on the album. This one is warming me up faster though.

Syntsui

That kind of emotion isn't working for me then, but that;s because he speaks more gibberish than he actually says understandable things. Thats why i don't get why people fuck with his style...i just don't. Agreed about autotune being ok when used at the right times. Just too much on this album though.

Where are some dope features from.... shit i don't know....Pusha T, Rick Ross, Game perhaps? MBDTF sure had some really dope features. Here? Basically only Chance the Rapper and Kendrick Lamar.

You need to listen to that Kendrick Lamar verse again breh. Unless understandable gibberish is acceptable.

Squire

Banned
Wish I'd seen the 90 day trial for Beyoncé or whatever, but at this point, the album is so good I'll probably cop the physical of they actually sell it that way.

He should've got B for Waves instead of Chris.

Bowser

I'm definitely more of a fan of TLoP than I was Yeezus. I tired of Yeezus real quick (basically only listen to New Slaves, Blood on the Leaves, and Bound 2 now)...I've had TLoP looping all day just jammin out.

4ZKadEd.gif

I'm eatin' fam.

That's what I said..

What we have here is ye using auto tune to convey the emotions that he can't do normally. It was the whole concept of 808s. This album is literally a mix of all of his albums

True, it's a mix of all his albums. Sadly there is more autotune and singing than rapping, while the majority of his albums were truly full of him rapping. That;s what saddens me.

213372bu

Banned
Thats what my last sentence was referring to. Maybe over time I will see it how you see it. Yeezus was garish for me on my first listen. I came around though.

Totally.

I only got really into Yeezus ~ a year after it dropped. But then it became quickly debated as my top Kanye album between CD and Graduation.

Lots of people I know were the exact same way too.

robotrock

Banned
Where's that picture saying how someone from good music uploaded the zippy of this last night

edit: the screaming on facts is hilarious

I'm definitely more of a fan of TLoP than I was Yeezus. I tired of Yeezus real quick (basically only listen to New Slaves, Blood on the Leaves, and Bound 2 now)...I've had TLoP looping all day just jammin out.

4ZKadEd.gif

I'm eatin' fam.
This is pretty much me.
1st listen of TLop but I've been playing it all Day since the 2nd listen pretty much

Bowser

RE: track ordering, I took Wolves to be the album finisher proper with everything after Silver Surfer being bonus tracks

IMO I take 30 Hours to be the end of the album and then everything after to be bonus tracks. 30 Hours basically working as a Last Call type capper.

Zia

Kanye's best by a mile, if really, really sad. Guy is such a great appropriator and curator. Chance's turn on Ultralight is genuinely moving.

Dabanton

I was really reminded of 'Happy People/U Saved Me' with the first few songs on this.

The vibe is certainly the same. And of course Kelly Price as well.

Listened to the album today and also saw Deadpool. One was a disappointment and I'll give you a clue, it wasn't this.

Incredible album. I need to give it a few more days but as it stands my knee jerk reaction is that if it wasn't for Kendrick Lamar this would be my favourite album of the last 5 years.

BIG_V-G-V

Banned
Been at work all morning/afternoon. Wtf is this about the album going to be re-worked???? Lol damn Ye. Either way I'm still not gon' eat for another week.
Fuck Tidal
giphy.gif

tizaffy

Neo Member
Yeah, I just hope they get officially demarcated as such. Silver Surfer Intermission is placed at too clean a break between Wolves and 30 Hours for them not to be extra tracks thrown on at the end. But man, everything from ULB to Wolves just feels so good and it doesn't feel like it overstays its welcome until everything past Silver Surfer.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see your comment before.

You dont like friends / nmila / fade / 30 hours? think all of those tracks are superb aswell. when the beat kicks in on fade at the end! shit man if that gets played at glastonbury at 2am this summer i will lose my shit!

Overall the album , due to the mentioned cohesive issues falls under the levels set by LR / MBTDF / YEEZUS but not by much.

HabeeNo

Fade is Godlike, we better thank Chance that it made it in the album

Btw, Highlights is on some serious repeat since the first listen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom