• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
Can I take Facts and assume that Kanye doesn't actually think "bill cosby innocent"

Yeah I have no idea what's up with this. My friend hates it, says it sounds like "finger nails on the chalkboard"

I already thought the tweet was probably trolling (not excusing it though, to be clear), but yeah, Facts almost confirms its bullshit.

Bleached asshole line is so bad it's good. Both parts of FSMH are in the top of my favorites right now. Kanye going over the desiigner sample is so great.

Rembrandt

Banned

thanks for this. was gonna replace the album version with this one but i'mma just keep them both but this easily gonna get more plays. would have been definite if they would have kept kanye's verse with "I said, 'baby, what if you was clubbin'?"' and everything after. the beginning of the verse is so random.

wait people don't like Feedback?

lower half of the album besides the last verse, imo. and the oprah outro, that shit is gold

Can I take Facts and assume that Kanye doesn't actually think "bill cosby innocent"

not giving him the benefit of the doubt, but it's really possible somebody told him he was innocent and ye ran with it. but with all the name dropping and possibly lying (taylor swift approving the lyric), who knows.

we need a yeezus support group.

I swear. It's a masterpiece. It does have some low point, but it's highs are up there. I mean Chief Keef and Justin Vernon coming together for an amazing chorus, smh. That CD had some great verses from Ye.

"Put my fist in her like a civil rights sign" > Bleached model asshole.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Does anyone know what kinds of changes are being made to the updated album? I listened to the album, and there are some great songs, but it also feels kind of rushed and cobbled together (as an album, I mean...). It's kinda all over the place, and the songs don't really translate well into the next one, like, it feels like the tracklist is completely random.

j-wood

Alright fine, I started the 30 day trial of tidal hifi.

This seems...cool so far? The app is slick, and the web interface is notbad. So far it seems to have all the music I listen to on the service. What am I missing that is giving the service a bad rap? The price?

Yeezus is fucking incredible guys. I love both Yeezus and TLOP.

Though the "sweet and sour asian pussy" line is probably the stupidest thing kanye ever said

Servbot24

Banned
that bleached model's asshole line was so random

somebody had to have brought that up to him, pls

It would have been whatever if it came 2/3rds through the album, but the fact that it's basically the first thing you hear after the magnificent ULB is just... yikes

valeo

Does anyone know what kinds of changes are being made to the updated album? I listened to the album, and there are some great songs, but it also feels kind of rushed and cobbled together (as an album, I mean...). It's kinda all over the place, and the songs don't really translate well into the next one, like, it feels like the tracklist is completely random.

Agreed. It's all over the place. Even more than usual.

Some of the lyrics are just.....cringe worthy, too. Hard to describe them as anything else. The kind of thing some 15 year old white kid would say at a rap battle.

Ozium

Yeezus is fucking incredible guys. I love both Yeezus and TLOP.

Though the "sweet and sour asian pussy" line is probably the stupidest thing kanye ever said

Have you ever had sex with a Pharaoh?

I'm pretty sure he put that shit in on purpose, it completely feels out of place on that track.

"Eating Asian pussy all I need is Sweet 'n' Sour sauce" v2.

People need to accept that even though Kanye is a musical genius he still has an immature sense of humor.. nothing wrong with that, of course, Mozart liked fart jokes...

Rembrandt

Banned
Sounds like some Travi$ Scott shit

Nah, Travis Scott is too busy calling his mom a bitch.

No, he's never living that down with me. one of the worst lines ever.

I will say that very few rappers can get away with some of the things Ye says. Wayne is the same way. Charisma and personality shines through.

You ain't never seen nothing crazier than this nigga when he off his Lexapro

Have you ever had sex with a Pharaoh?

Whoa. whoa. whoa. that and put the pussy in a sarcophagus are great. it's the now she's saying i bruised her esophagus line that ruins it.
that's such a hard ass line. idk why, but the way he says that just sells it.

trixx

Sheesh i'm repeating this track with Cudi and I can't believe Kanye's verse on this... why?

This guy got the craziest pass, split the defenders and he still threw an airball

Gorillaz

it's even worse because it's right after that open.

Like you just made a pseudo gospel track with kirk franklin and kelly price and that is the one of the first lines we hear after that

Travis Scott's weird ass probably said to do it too

nib95

Banned
the short tracks also seem to end shortly after the beat gets really amazing and then --poof-- it's done :/

Completely agree. I'm doing a track by track review at the mo, and I've noticed a few of the tracks I really like are only 2 minutes long :(

Freestyle 4, Fade, Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 1 and Famous need to be longer.

Shit, basically all the songs that start with "F" need to be longer.

Lol the bleached line. Song gets going, you nodding your head telling yourself "ok,ok" then he hits you with the bleached asshole line lol.
"Wait what?"

Arctick

Famous, Feedback, Real Friends, Wolves (with Frank Ocean), 30 Hours, No More Parties in LA, and maybe Facts are the best tracks. Highlights to FML is the weakest part of the album for sure, but the first 3 tracks were also pretty weak.

Everything else is trying to be too trendy with the trap beats and tuned choruses. Chris Brown is the biggest offender in this regard, The Weeknd, Young Thug and Rihanna didn't really add much. Chance the Rapper and Kid Cudi were awful as per usual, no clue why anybody think they're any good. Chance was as boring and lame as he was on that Donnie Trumpet album.

Kanye did have plenty of great verses, but also some really awful ones. If it had more tracks produced like Feedback, Real Friends etc, it would be AOTY contender for me.
Need a Kanye album full of verses and beats like his one on NMPILA.

Rembrandt

Banned
Can we all just talk about FML and its amazingness?

That and Waves are gonna be getting lots of play from me.

This also seems like one of Kanye's more radio friendly CDs of late, too. Might take a decent amount of editing and that might hurt some of the songs (like most censors, though), but I could see this getting some spins.

Rembrandt

Banned
Chance was as boring and lame as he was on that Donnie Trumpet album.

lol, judging Chance off the second worst CD he's featured on. That Lil B tape is the first but nobody cares about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vqNzbdgvq4

How can you listen to this and not think he's talented as fuck?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8nIHZ-0kS4

How can you listen to this and think he's boring?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4ooH8frBWg

How can you watch this and think he's lame?

stop this. chance is literally one of the talented and interesting rappers out right now. first musician to perform on SNL with no deal. Getting CDs and songs premiered on iTunes for free. Refusing to charge for music or sign a deal. He has so much potential to change the distribution of music currently.

Izuna

Banned
My goodness Feedback sounds even better. I can't just stream this album on Groove when it does come out now. I'm about to pre-order a disc and rip it.

Is it likely that he releases the CD at £20 as well?

Raw64life

A lot of songs just seem all over the place. Some of the best beats don't last long enough and a lot of songs have shitty lyrics or just not enough lyrics.

30 Hours is brutal with this. The first two minutes are great and then you spend the next 3 minutes waiting for an Andre 3000 verse that never comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom