• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaislip3

feel like this is a parody thread. this album is straight up garbage. I would honestly think this was a 'gag' album and Kanye was just fucking with us for his art if I hadn't already suffered through 808 and Yeezus. I cannot believe people enjoy this wank, and even worse I can't believe this is an album from the same man who put out My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and Graduation. This is as disappointing as new Cudi.

c24QxWu.gif

Drunk and hot girls is one of the funniest tracks though. I love the rah rah rah part, shit cracks me up all the time.

I also dont mind Barry Bonds. Funny enough Drake got me to appreciate that beat when he rapped over it on one of his early tapes.

wayne verse on barry bonds was terrible.. that was supposed to be when he was in his prime too

drunk and hot girls is an inspired can sample but a nothing song really

i like graduation for the most part but i think its his worst rapping

i haven't heard yeezus yet at all except for bound i should probably do that

megalowho

Cohesive is the last thing I would call this album

It's basically a tour de france on styles through the years that he experimented or enjoyed put onto one album. It's a "collection" basically.
Mentioned it earlier in the thread but there is a clear direction in production and atmosphere the album goes for despite the variety in style. Heavy emphasis on bass, minimalist drum programming, dark and paranoid beats with watery soundscapes and erratic bursts of warm soul and gospel punching through. Approaching Wolves as the closer and the rest as bonus material also helped me appreciate the flow a bit more.

Ran rp

IFLT works so damn well here. Dammit, Ye.

I think I can safely say this is my favorite album. I'll probably still say MBDTF is his best, but this is the one I'm always going to come back to when I'm in the mood for some Ye.

Mik317

I like all Kanye albums equally.

Graduation probably the least but only because I somehow skipped it at that time of its release

MercuryLS

Banned
My ranking is:

Mbdtf
Yeezus
College dropout
Late registration
808s
Graduation

Too early to rate TLOP, but it's already above Grad and 808's and possibly LR.

808s still my fave o.0

dunno if it's the best album. mbdtf and all the good fridays that led up to its release was a pretty awesome journey.

but songs like street lights will probably forever make 808s my fave and most go-to album. number of times i've left street lights on repeat prob be in the few hundreds.

213372bu

Banned
I don't think anyone here hates it. I love a good portion of it but still think it's his weakest album.
I can understand, it's just so alien to me because everyone I've ever known that is either into Ye or casually liked him would always speak highly of it. Just a bit weird.

Personally think the only trash track on there is Barry Bonds, and even then it's alright to listen to during a workout.

fuck man i really don't like highlights

Yeah imo, the intro is weak and a lot of parts just sound disjointed.

Late Registration is my least favorite. I never connected to that album for some reason. Hey Mama makes me bawl so I stopped listening to it. Its a great album but I like his other albums better.

Yeezus, 808s and College Dropout round out my top 3. Too early to place TLOP.

wayne verse on barry bonds was terrible.. that was supposed to be when he was in his prime too

drunk and hot girls is an inspired can sample but a nothing song really

i like graduation for the most part but i think its his worst rapping

i haven't heard yeezus yet at all except for bound i should probably do that

Yeah it was kinda lazy but I fuck with it still

Bro go listen to Yeezus.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
808's is fantastic and something special, but I can't listen to it without getting depressed and it bring back bad memories.

TLOP is the complete opposite, get's me so pumped and full of energy.

Anth0ny

WAY too soon to judge where TLOP ranks. After a day I thought Yeezus was complete shit. After a couple months I loved the album.

Bowlie

Banned
808's is fantastic and something special, but I can't listen to it without getting depressed and it bring back bad memories.

TLOP is the complete opposite, get's me so pumped and full of energy.

Yeah, someone said here (don't know who) that was kinda worried about Kanye, but this album is a celebration of happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom