• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Freestyle 4 might be a lowkey top 3 track.

ULB highkey worst 3
kEpLNkE.gif

Zekes!

I just wanna say that I've grown a lot on Low Lights. During my full album listens I like to just chill out to that track. At first I considered it a skippable but I now really like it.

Izuna

Banned
Okay, guys, this is the thread for The Life of Pablo, we really, really do not need to turn it into some sort of Kanye stan anger mill. Let's tone it way, way down before I have to end up locking this. This isn't the Grammy thread, it's the TLoP thread.

No no no I need this thread in case he releases v.2!

Also everywhere else is so wrong about Kanye.

213372bu

Banned
I just wanna say that I've grown a lot on Low Lights. During my full album listens I like to just chill out to that track. At first I considered it a skippable but I now really like it.

I like that track, but it's just too much of an "intro" and kinda feels disjointed.

Father Stretch My Hands Pt.1 is growing on me with each playthrough though. And I already kinda liked it.

Bowser

I like that track, but it's just too much of an "intro" and kinda feels disjointed.

Father Stretch My Hands Pt.1 is growing on me with each playthrough though. And I already kinda liked it.

Loved FSMH Pt. 1 from the start (yeah the bleached asshole line is dumb, I know), wish it was twice as long ;_;

Also happy to see I'm not the only one who thinks Fade is ass, phew. Then again, I'm not into edm/house whatsoever, so that probably explains it.

Gaz_RB

A few stand outs on TLOP, but ultimately it fell pretty flat for me. Seems more like an album of scraps than anything else. Maybe I need to listen it a few more times.

Izuna

Banned
Relative to the album, it's a pretty poor closer.

Haha you know, I forgot it was the last song originally. Try this order:

Ca5SQ0eUMAAiAkq.jpg

Ye fucked up the order when he rushed the release. Wolves is a much better end of the album.

Famous, Highlights, Feedback is incredible. Just like FML, Real Friends, Wolves.

But regardless, Fade is a great song even on it's own.

injurai

Banned
Haha you know, I forgot it was the last song originally. Try this order:

Ca5SQ0eUMAAiAkq.jpg

Ye fucked up the order when he rushed the release. Wolves is a much better end of the album.

Famous, Highlights, Feedback is incredible. Just like FML, Real Friends, Wolves.

But regardless, Fade is a great song even on it's own.

Yeah, that order is a lot better. Fade is still quite a bit lower on my list for this album though. Definitely easier to rank it from the bottom for me.

Courage

I wish my trainer would, tell me what I overate
So when I'm on vacay, I need to kick back
What you want?
You want a boss or an R&B nigga with a six pack?
I need every bad bitch up in Equinox
I need to know right now if you a freak or not

UMBF3sZ.gif

Owari

I wish my trainer would, tell me what I overate
So when I'm on vacay, I need to kick back
What you want?
You want a boss or an R&B nigga with a six pack?

UMBF3sZ.gif

High Lights severely underrated.

Izuna

Banned
That track list is almost exactly what we got, except Waves instead of Fade. Everything after Wolves is a "bonus track"

Not quite. Freestyle 4 after Pt.2 is perfect. - and Famous, Highlights, Feedback is instead:

Famous, Feedback, Low lights (trash) Highlights,

You don't even have to try the whole album to see what makes this order better, just try those three.

When I listen to the OG order I really lose my groove to the album.

It's like, the way he released it, if K'Naan's album Dusty Foot Philosopher had "In The Beginning" just before "What's Hardcore". They're good songs but they do not wotk next to each other at all.

No doubt Ye fucked up the track order.

EDIT: Highlights and Feedback are no doubt the best songs for me.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That track list is almost exactly what we got, except Waves instead of Fade. Everything after Wolves is a "bonus track"
Yes.
You guys know ULB - Wolves is the album right? everything else after is bonus.

edit:f uc king be ate n

And also yes.

Wolves is clearly the end of the actual album. Ye just wanted to give us all of the other bangers that we clamored for with out ruining the flow. Just because it doesn't say [Bonus Track] after the title doesn't mean it isn't a bonus track.

Izuna

Banned
Ye clearly knew FML, Real Friends, Wolves was always the right order haha.

I want to try the above actually. Sounds interesting. I can't imagine No More Parties in L.A. ever fitting though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom