• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eos

beSFiXF.png
beSFiXF.png
beSFiXF.png

Izuna

Banned
Swift...

I will sing your music at karaoke, but I don't like your passive-aggressiveness

I guess you and ye are never ever ever getting back to- being friends

Izuna

Banned
Low lights was always the intro for highlights, whether they were split or not.

Kanye's tweets suggest that Low lights was added later. I really doubt it was always the intro to Highlights. I mean, the lyrics even have nothing to do with what Highlights is about...

are you forreal

Honestly it's just 22 and whatever the title for we are never getting back together. She's just the singer on those songs, it's pop music. It's catchy, and denying that makes for a boring Karaoke experience.

Katie Perry is good for Karaoke. I don't have her on my phone or anything.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Kanye's tweets suggest that Low lights was added later. I really doubt it was always the intro to Highlights. I mean, the lyrics even have nothing to do with what Highlights is about...

it was the intro the highlights. go back to the MSG stream. there was a shorter version of lowlights attached to highlights.

Izuna

Banned
it was the intro the highlights. go back to the MSG stream. there was a shorter version of lowlights attached to highlights.

Is there a link to the shorter version?

It's really the only low point of the album for me I guess. I'm hating on it too much maybe.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I really want that Taylor-Kanye song...everyone knows it will be a hit...hell just imagine a collab album together. That's how Yeezus should get out of death. Also honestly as this point they are just tied together in how they are famous...even more so than him and KK.

hughesta

Banned
Is there a link to the shorter version?

It's really the only low point of the album for me I guess. I'm hating on it too much maybe.
The only thing I'd change to the album (besides removing the bonus tracks and fixing Wolves) is using that shorter version of Low Lights.

So, now that the album is out, just gonna post the best covers I've seen. Good index of fan made covers here:

First one is a Condo that apparently a DONDA employee was working on, KTT thinking it's a new cover (doubt it).

Debating on which of the last 4 to go with right now.
I've loved the 5th one after seeing it a few days ago but after hearing the album it's clear it would not fit. Definitely think if he has any intention of using a new cover the first would be great.

Sadsic

i dont listen to mainstream stuff that often, but why does every song on this album sound like 5 different songs stitched together and/or like every 15 seconds theres a new producer

do people like that? it sounds crazy messy to me

EloquentM

aka Mannny
i dont listen to mainstream stuff that often, but why does every song on this album sound like 5 different songs stitched together and/or like every 15 seconds theres a new producer

It seems intentional for this album. most of his albums aren't this schizo

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
I don't know how accurate or relevant that is, but the amusing thing is that in one sense he was right about Yeezy's overtaking Jordan's. At least in terms of resale value and post demand anyway.

Complex | Yeezy Boost Resellers Made $12.6 Million Off eBay Last Year

Adidas Yeezy's actually made more in terms of resale income than all of the Air Jordan's on the list combined.
thank yeezus for blessing me with shoes that people are willing to pay thousands for 🙏

Courage

The album forgot to take its Adderall.

SeroTyler

First one to talk gets to stay on the aircraft!
I wish my trainer would, tell me what I overate
So when I'm on vacay, I need to kick back
What you want?
You want a boss or an R&B nigga with a six pack?
I need every bad bitch up in Equinox
I need to know right now if you a freak or not
I need every bad bitch up in Equinox
I need to know right now if you a freak or not

UMBF3sZ.gif

His flow combined with that beat makes Highlights a top 3 for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom