• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i can definitely make cleaner mixes than any of the tracks on this album, which takes some amount of skill to do when juggling many different audio stems

but i also can make much more complex hip hop beats than anything on this album as well, and again, im just random fuck on the internet, so if an album has tons of money to throw at for engineering, this should be impossible

i dont want to link my own music in this topic cuz thats bm but i can pm you stuff if you want me to prove it
Right....like its not linked in your tag already. I played the track at the top of your list, personally don't think it even compared to a Soulja Boy beat from circa 08... Show me anything you have that sounds like No More Parties In LA.....show me anything you have that even sounds remotely Madlib-ish...Runaway-ish....Late Registration-ish?

I'm glad you're confident homie in your stuff but that doesn't mean you compare by any means to Ye' or anyone else producing this album.

JackEtc

I quite liked two of them, so I just combined elements to make my own version. Quick and rough.

nib95_TLOP.jpg~original

Love this one! Nice work.

I will say this. Although TLOP is a bit short and inconsistent, its way more heartfelt than Yeezus. I couldn't stand that album and kanye repeating he is a god, even if it had a few good songs, it was just too much kanye being an egomaniac.

But this tho, this the good shit. Real Friends is Real Good. I actually feeling bad for Kanye. Hope things workout for him and he can control what he says.

Ashhong

well i can definitely make cleaner mixes than any of the tracks on this album, which takes some amount of skill to do when juggling many different audio stems

but i also can make much more complex hip hop beats than anything on this album as well, and again, im just random fuck on the internet, so if an album has tons of money to throw at for engineering, this should be impossible

i dont want to link my own music in this topic cuz thats bm but i can pm you stuff if you want me to prove it

I respect anyone who puts their shit out there so I won't comment on your own music in your tag.

What I will say is that complex doesn't mean anything to me, and I'm not sure why you bring it up. It's not like any of these producers on the album haven't proven that they can make a complex hip hop beat. This beats on this album are what they wanted it to be, whether that's simplistic or complex.

Man I wish Kanye would get off Twitter for a file. I don't care about what he says but it just causes a shitstorm of drama and crappy posts in here.

cdyhybrid

Not interested in piling on, I'll just say that complexity isn't everything. There can be beauty in simplicity.

Izuna

Banned
i didnt come in here to self-promote, ill try to actually not post in this topic again lol

You were successful regardless and I really like your music.

But I also like Ye's music for what it is. I think that it is intentional and it works. That being said, esp. with the Wolves we have, some parts are messy. It's not really what I would say makes it bad beats though.

Rembrandt

Banned

didn't actually expect it to be really good.

hm.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I dont think i have ever said it...but Kanye really needs to chill for a bit after this Album release. Dude just welcomed his 2nd child and he has been more or less calm for the last 2-3 years since Norths birth.

I really hope this is all just some crazy promo phase for the TLOP but trying to get some multi billion business deals via twitter while proclaiming to be broke and in debt looks very bad.

--- > Amber Rose/son diss ---> Bill Cosby tweet ---> broke/begging for money

Dude.

Then again a artist being so open about his struggles is kinda refreshing...hope it helps him to improve over the next years, probably better than keeping everything secret just to explode from time to time.

Eos

Glad there isn't any tswift related tweets... that's the last thing he needs... tho the fuckery would be amazing

janoDX

I really think that if this isn't an act, he really wants to do stuff with people and leave a legacy, he has ideas, but he doesn't get them well.

And he's already giving people good vibes and a good gift with his music, he doesn't have to do anything else, he has a great creative mind for music even if his rap is average.

Moonkid

Listened to it some more today, pt 2. is the first track I really like even if it's cut off too short with the bizarre vocoder at the end.

FZZ

Banned
I like the series of tweets he just sent

I'm pretty sure Adidas will extend their deal with Kanye. Yeezys are by far some of the most demanded shoes I have ever seen. And tbh it doesn't seem like the craze is gonna slow down, more and more of my friends who didn't give a shit about shoes are getting interested.

With that said, Kanye please release the codes for the album at the end of the week.

Ashhong

I really think that if this isn't an act, he really wants to do stuff with people and leave a legacy, he has ideas, but he doesn't get them well.

And he's already giving people good vibes and a good gift with his music, he doesn't have to do anything else, he has a great creative mind for music even if his rap is average.

Even if this is an act right now, he absolutely wants to leave a legacy. Since the beginning of his career he has always talked about the best of the best artists and how he wants to be like them. That's why I still stan him, dude is passionate as fuck. He's stupid and a bit crazy, but damn if he doesn't put 1000% into everything.

Kaizer

Banned
Even if this is an act right now, he absolutely wants to leave a legacy. Since the beginning of his career he has always talked about the best of the best artists and how he wants to be like them. That's why I still stan him, dude is passionate as fuck. He's stupid and a bit crazy, but damn if he doesn't put 1000% into everything.

Agreed, and if he thinks he hasn't left a legacy yet he's crazy - dude has become one the most important rap icons for the 21st Century. If he never released another album there's no way you could say he hasn't inspired the current generation of hip-hop.

Ashhong

I really wonder what kind of person he would be if his mom was still alive. I think everything would be completely different....can't even imagine what he went through

nib95

Banned
I actually think Kanye might genuinely be bipolar, or have a form of ADHD or hyperactivity. His mood swings are beyond ordinary and fiercely erratic. He also seems to be in a constant state of over-activity and is highly impulsive. Inappropriate comments, lack of emotional restraint, constantly shifting between different projects, tasks or activities and so on. I hope he's at least attempted to have some forms of diagnosis carried out, just in case.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed, and if he thinks he hasn't left a legacy yet he's crazy - dude has become one the most important rap icons for the 21st Century. If he never released another album there's no way you could say he hasn't inspired the current generation of hip-hop.
I'd say the most important, easily.

SD-Ness

Regarding Kanye's public image, I think people take way too seriously. The guy is a simultaneously anxious and apathetic polemicist. Clearly he's got an impulsive personality, which manifests in questionable actions and statements. But I feel like the nature of all of it is so absurd that the joke is on the media and public: he just doesn't give a shit about the consequences. He says and tweets whatever he wants to see what he can get away with it. It's probably cathartic. But it's all a performance. Am I wrong? Or is this already widely accepted? I don't know—I'm just surprised that people still get all riled up about him.

Now to his music. Whatever his public image is, he's got some serious fucking talent. I've listened to TLOP at least three times this weekend, and a bunch of songs a bunch more.

Initially:

post-40082-Obama-Not-Sure-gif-Imgur-nmRo.gif

After the second listen:

giphy.gif

After the third:

giphy.gif

Now:

amazing.gif

Regarding Kanye's public image, I think people take way too seriously. The guy is a simultaneously anxious and apathetic polemicist. Clearly he's got an impulsive personality, which manifests in questionable actions and statements. But I feel like the nature of all of it is so absurd that the joke is on the media and public: he just doesn't give a shit about the consequences. He says and tweets whatever he wants to see what he can get away with it. It's probably cathartic. But it's all a performance. Am I wrong? Or is this already widely accepted? I don't know—I'm just surprised that people still get all riled up about him.

Now to his music. Whatever his public image is, he's got some serious fucking talent. I've listened to TLOP at least three times this weekend, and a bunch of songs a bunch more.

Initially:

post-40082-Obama-Not-Sure-gif-Imgur-nmRo.gif

After the second listen:

giphy.gif

After the third:

giphy.gif

Now:

amazing.gif

You're correct on every account. Had you listened to much of his music before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom