• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMaRsu

I really wonder what kind of person he would be if his mom was still alive. I think everything would be completely different....can't even imagine what he went through

The album wouldnt be so bad.

Looking at what he made when she was alive vs afterwards.

Izuna

Banned
giphy.gif

When that Sister Nancy Hook comes in on Famous.

So now that this album has become 11/10 for me. I think that Ye just heard this album so much more than us, he feels it the same way we will feel in a month. It's incredible.

edit: in/on, on/in?

SKINNER!

Banned
Listened to it for a few times yesterday and today. There's some stand-out tracks here and it sounds more pleasant than Yeezus. Production is fucking gold.

Notable tracks:-

Famous (once that beat drops after Rhi. oh snap!)
Feedback (instantly liked this. Heard this while walking home and it felt good)
FML
Real Friends
Wolves (So goooooooooood!)
30 Hours
No More Parties in LA

OK tracks:-

Waves (Reminds me of Gambino's Crawl and I prefer that track sooooooo).
Facts
Fade

Rest of the tracks were skippable.

Not interested in piling on, I'll just say that complexity isn't everything. There can be beauty in simplicity.

Agreed. Complexity never correlates with quality. I did listen to a couple of Sadsic's tracks, they were pretty decent.

Kanye being Kanye on Twitter again, but he seems positive. I really hope he finds some peace of mind. On spin number 7 of the album, still loving it.

t hicks

Banned
well i can definitely make cleaner mixes than any of the tracks on this album, which takes some amount of skill to do when juggling many different audio stems

but i also can make much more complex hip hop beats than anything on this album as well, and again, im just random fuck on the internet, so if an album has tons of money to throw at for engineering, this should be impossible

i dont want to link my own music in this topic cuz thats bm but i can pm you stuff if you want me to prove it
posts like these are corny as hell

ItIsOkBro

giphy.gif

When that Sister Nancy Hook comes in on Famous.

So now that this album has become 11/10 for me. I think that Ye just heard this album so much more than us, he feels it the same way we will feel in a month. It's incredible.

edit: in/on, on/in?

Famous getting radio play might be dangerous cuz my hands might come off the wheel for real

Right....like its not linked in your tag already. I played the track at the top of your list, personally don't think it even compared to a Soulja Boy beat from circa 08... Show me anything you have that sounds like No More Parties In LA.....show me anything you have that even sounds remotely Madlib-ish...Runaway-ish....Late Registration-ish?

I'm glad you're confident homie in your stuff but that doesn't mean you compare by any means to Ye' or anyone else producing this album.
Ooof. Body shots.

I kept hearing people say TLOP is the greatest hits of all his albums, so I decided to take four of his albums and throw them on a graph:

MUMN42L.jpg

What quadrant would each song be placed?

this actually started out as only an x-axis with MBDTF and Yeezus as the comparison, but I decided to throw in CD and 808s on the y-axis.

i'm sleep deprived so now i'm actually questioning my x and y axis choices OH WELL HAVE AT IT FIX THE IMAGE DO WHATEVER

br3wnor

Finally got to listen to this on my drive to work this morning.

Wowwwww, really really incredible album. The production is INSANE, when he does rap, it's memorable and I was genuinely laughing at some of the lyrics (Sometimes I wish my dick had GoPro). The album is tight, which I didn't expect given the number of tracks. I didn't feel the urge to skip any songs. It really is like a hybrid of 808's and one of his older, more conventional albums (Late Reg, Graduation)

I'm hoping all of his behavior around this release has just been for publicity and that he's not actually losing his mind because his work continues to be incredible and he really is one of the best releasing music right now. Wonderful album.

Also, anyone saying the production on this album isn't top notch is OUT OF THEIR MIND.

Ran rp

i know it's corny bitches you wish you could unfollow
i know it's corny niggas you wish you could unswallow

:/

ye pls. This and the asshole line are the only ones that really bring down these songs for me. I really hope he drops them in the final release.

j-wood

PSY・S;195470873 said:

:/

ye pls. This and the asshole line are the only ones that really bring down these songs for me. I really hope he drops them in the final release.

lol, if we get a final release :(

At this point I fully expect an e-mail from SEE tickets saying how plans have changed and the album is only on Tidal, here is a 10 dollar refund.

Aye, somebody tell Kanye he can throw down some verses on his own album and doesn't need to let the featuring artists completely carry every track.

Mik317

I wonder if the religious stuff and this is a god dream is why some aren't feeling ULB.

I don't consider myself super religious but my family is, so a lot of my youth was surrounded with a ton of gospel music..including Kirk Franklin (I legit went "this dude got Kirk Franklin out in this bitch" the first time I heard the song).

Ran rp

The album sounded much cleaner during the stream. Mike Dean is poison ye. Drop that idiot.

edit: that "edgy like kanye" shit still gets me mad. stfu.

FaintDeftone

I do really hope this whole "Tidal exclusive forever" nonsense isn't true because I would love to buy this album but I'm not staying past the 30 day trial on Tidal for it. Sorry, Kanye.

there are some segments in these songs that are unbelievably bad. when you can hear the clipping at LOW volume levels, something went terribly wrong.

Well he was on social media talking about smoking blunts and eating pizza while mastering. Maybe he got a little TOO high during the mastering process.

CoolOff

Started my work week with Ultralight Beam.

I feel like I can do anything guys

Then you get that intro on FSMH Pt.1.

Beautiful morning, you're the sun in my morning babe
Nothing unwanted
Beautiful morning, you're the sun in my morning babe
Nothing unwanted

Bliss.

It's a good album. It's no Yeezus or My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, but it's a damn good album.

I am on my 4th or so listen, and I agree. It's good, but I don't find it great (sorry Kanye it doesn't come close to MBDTF or The College Dropout). It might grow on me more, but so far a middle of the road Kanye album (which is not bad).

I do really hope this whole "Tidal exclusive forever" nonsense isn't true because I would love to buy this album but I'm not staying past the 30 day trial on Tidal for it. Sorry, Kanye.

All he is doing is forcing people to pirate it. There are thousands of iPhones or Android phones that already have the album on it, and they don't have the Tidal app.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I wonder if the religious stuff and this is a god dream is why some aren't feeling ULB.

I don't consider myself super religious but my family is, so a lot of my youth was surrounded with a ton of gospel music..including Kirk Franklin (I legit went "this dude got Kirk Franklin out in this bitch" the first time I heard the song).

I am an agnostic on a good day, and an atheist on a bad one, and I really fucking love the gospel elements of this album. ULB is so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom