• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catvoca

Banned

Sounds a lot worse then the version we got I think.

Sounds so much better without Rihanna.

I actually like her vocals on the track and I usually hate her voice.

Edit:
Also from KTT

Kanye is lying abut everything

this seems real btw especially since Thug knew the release date

I don't know about this. I think some things like the release date were could have been fabricated, but jumping to the Wiz/Kanye beef being made up is a bit much I think. It's clear that the Kanye we get on social media though is obviously not quiet the "real" Kanye. It's why I think people take what his tweets way too seriously.

Fevaweva

Sometimes I feel like registering to KTT has to involve some kind of elaborate induction ceremony reminiscent of what Tool was singing about in Rosetta Stoned.

As someone who is a member of KTT...I wish it was. It might weed out some of the filth that posts there.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
every time FML plays and i remember my responsibilities.
cOGulOo.jpg

PBY

Banned
Fuck this sounds great... I doubt we'll ever get the full song so these section 80 dudes better release it.

Doubt it, but after I first read his stuff, I thought the differences were massive; he summarized them now that we have the album, and honestly they don't seem that significant now?

Famous
ridiculously different..rihanna added to do the hook instead of nina simone (why?) and the verses is way different..Kanye delivery is much more aggressive and yes he says "taylor swift OWE ME SEX" in the original..and then he goes to say the same about amber rose..and then he follows with 2 verses that is different than what he released...and Thugger has adlibs all over the song
"but you better not mention Hitler"
He also raps a sick verse "Still Michael Jackson after all the leaks!!!!!"

FML
the intro is much much much longer on released version..and the beat is very different..og beat is one of the best Kanye beats imo..and og has an outro with beat escalation

Waves
og waves has an intro with woman speaking some shit...other than that, they are pretty much same song

highlights
beat switch near the end on og version that he didnt do on released one

Fade
he ruined it..im not 100% sure how much you guys based on snippets..or if you guys heard the og beat...but i hate the released version so much compared to og

Wolves
completely different song, i heard all the fanmade "og version"..and they all are not the real version..the og version he drops hard as fuck drums that send chills through your body that all those fanmade are missing..as well as the re-structure of the song he did

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I heard Ultra Light Beam for the first time today....

..what a powerful song.

CZv0nG5UsAA7TjF.jpg

Gotta be honest, after listening through I think this would have been the perfect tracklisting if he wanted to avoid having a "bonus" part. Everything seems to flow perfect. ULB could have still been the opener though.

From NMPILA -> Wolves is incredible.

Koozek

Yeah, I have to revise my initial impression about the Swizz adlibs, they're cool actually. Especially before the beat switch.

Nah breh Swizz the GOAT adliber

Top 3:
3) "GET 'EM" right before the Bam Bam sample
2) "Vroooooom" right before Ye's first verse
1)
Wake up Mr. West! (oh he's up)

I'm just realizing how powerful the "Oh he's up" is.

Always been trying to wake up right thru his discography. Finally "awake" and implying his new next level status. Still needs every bad b up in Equinox tho.

Ashhong

how the fuck was Waves almost not on the album

tumblr_nttnjuEZvO1qlwl18o1_500.gif

THANK YOU CHANCE
THANK YOU CHANCE
THANK YOU CHANCE
THANK YOU CHANCE
THANK YOU CHANCE

I keep seeing this GIF, where's it from?

Yeah, Kanye is being extra these last few days. I hope for his sake these manic outbursts arent driven by cocaine or some other kind of drug abuse.

It's a goddamn unconfirmed rumor lmao. And it wouldn't even be the first time he got upset at a shitty stage design.

Ok, finally listened.

Really love the album as it was at first, without the bonus. Amazing production all around.
From Silver Surfer (skipping already wtf Kanye) to Fade, it could be out for me. I mean, considering them as bonus and more music from him is nice, but dont do much for the album I think.
Fade is hot tho
Forgot Tidal....fuck this. It does sound dope the HiFi tho...

Eos

Doubt it, but after I first read his stuff, I thought the differences were massive; he summarized them now that we have the album, and honestly they don't seem that significant now?

Famous
ridiculously different..rihanna added to do the hook instead of nina simone (why?) and the verses is way different..Kanye delivery is much more aggressive and yes he says "taylor swift OWE ME SEX" in the original..and then he goes to say the same about amber rose..and then he follows with 2 verses that is different than what he released...and Thugger has adlibs all over the song
"but you better not mention Hitler"
He also raps a sick verse "Still Michael Jackson after all the leaks!!!!!"

FML
the intro is much much much longer on released version..and the beat is very different..og beat is one of the best Kanye beats imo..and og has an outro with beat escalation

Waves
og waves has an intro with woman speaking some shit...other than that, they are pretty much same song

highlights
beat switch near the end on og version that he didnt do on released one

Fade
he ruined it..im not 100% sure how much you guys based on snippets..or if you guys heard the og beat...but i hate the released version so much compared to og

Wolves
completely different song, i heard all the fanmade "og version"..and they all are not the real version..the og version he drops hard as fuck drums that send chills through your body that all those fanmade are missing..as well as the re-structure of the song he did

the OG fade is definitely better than the one we got on the album and wow @ that wolves description. i thought the version he premiered at yeezy season 1 was amazing... this one sounds even better lol.

nib95

Banned
PSY・S;195491069 said:
his albums sell well

but pablo's most likely going to take a huge hit

The sad thing is that I reckon this would have easily been his best selling album. But most people have heard it free or will have illegally torrented it. He fucked up imo.

Can't imagine leaving NMPILA and Fade off this album, so thank god they aren't.

Album should end with Wolves/30 Hours combo.

I'm trying to plan a Yeezy playlist on my phone, with I Love Kanye the buffer between Graduation and 808s, and it all ending with Who Will Survive In America.

but thats as far as i have got

🌞

ehhhhhh i dont know about this...

The marketing plan worked. I don't remember non-hip hop fans knowing of Kanye albums coming out in the past, especially with this amount of fanfare. This year I had my white bread parents asking me if Kanye changed the album name again out of nowhere.

Doesn't mean it would translate to sales but the more people it reaches obviously greater sales potential.

Ultralight Beam is the best Intro song compared to Yeez's other albums. I like it more than Dark Fantasy in MBDTF.

What's the consensus on the best intro song in all of Yeez's albums?

Brakke

Banned
The marketing plan worked. I don't remember non-hip hop fans knowing of Kanye albums coming out in the past, especially with this amount of fanfare. This year I had my white bread parents asking me if Kanye changed the album name again out of nowhere.

Doesn't mean it would translate to sales but the more people it reaches obviously greater sales potential.

Right now the potential sales is 0 because it's not for sale tho.

Fevaweva

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
808s & Heartbreak
The College Dropout (well the version I made that pares it down to 12ish tracks)
Yeezus
The Life of Pablo
Graduation (minus Drunk & Hot Girls and Barry Bonds)
Late Registration

It may change after I have listened to it for a while but after the first listen...its good. Really good. But it has some crap on it like the first part of Father Stretch Out My Hands, FACTs (still) and the 'skits' that aren't I Love Kanye that brings it down.

Swag

Shit I didn't realise that the Desiigner verse on Pt.2 is sampled from a completely different song, thought it was recorded for Pt.2. That being said the Panda song is also a banger

Mortemis

Banned
This some tracks on this album really grew on me. Highlights is great now, I enjoy Famous immensely more, and feedback brehs...

"WAKE UP NIGGA WAKE UP" should be my new morning alarm.

Owari

Shit I didn't realise that the Desiigner verse on Pt.2 is sampled from a completely different song, thought it was recorded for Pt.2. That being said the Panda song is also a banger
Too bad that's like the literal only Desiigner song. I'd love to check out more tracks by him.

Ashhong

The thing with Kanye is that not all of his marketing worked positively. Look at how many people hate on Kanye. There isn't much "good" marketing out there for him right now. The music is good, but people have a problem separating the two.

Cringing at the Taylor Swift lines, still have absolutely no clue why Kanye thought it would be great to drag that shit up again. And even if it was just a joke, it's something he should've just left alone.

I feel like not enough people are freaking out over the second half:

I feel like Amber Rose still owes me sex
'Cause I made that bitch famous
Not really, but somewhat famous

ehhhhhh i dont know about this...

Yeah I think you're underestimating how huge Gold Digger and Jesus Walks got + how people actually bought albums back then (well not as much as like the 70s but still way more than today)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom