• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Freestyle 4 was included on the album to show Kanye has
RAAAAAH
Speaking of, just saw this on KTT. OP definitely had the
RAAAAAH

image.png

JackEtc

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
808s & Heartbreak
The College Dropout (well the version I made that pares it down to 12ish tracks)
Yeezus
The Life of Pablo
Graduation (minus Drunk & Hot Girls and Barry Bonds)
Late Registration

It may change after I have listened to it for a while but after the first listen...its good. Really good. But it has some crap on it like the first part of Father Stretch Out My Hands, FACTs (still) and the 'skits' that aren't I Love Kanye that brings it down.

Bruh Barry Bonds is a top Ye track

Ran rp

That's just waaaAAVEEeee

tumblr_mlzf30h0kc1qzdpr4o1_500.gif

Alright. Top tracks are:

ULB
FML
Pt. 2
Feedback
Waves
Edit: gotta throw 30 Hours up here
IFLT

Honorary Mention

Freestyle 4
FSMH Pt. 1

The rest I don't care to rank.

I really want to to see Kanye do something better with the punk/gothic(?) sounds of FML and Freestyle 4.

Edit: I keep switching FML and ULB. Whatever.

FZZ

Banned
So everyone has been saying that Kanye didn't do anything differently when it comes to this album sonically, like he has traditionally done

And I agree with that, but structurally it's unlike any other album he's ever released. That's the one thing I have noticed about every song. And I'm not talking about the traditional verse/chorus/verse/chorus structure either that he did differently.

everything down to the placement of tracks, how fade almost ends abruptly it seems like the album is just snapshot of different points in your life. Like if your life is flashing before your eyes as you die, and you're only getting brief moments of everything that has happened.

And I think that's why ULB could've both been at the end and beginning of the album, because tbh it feels like the only truly complete song. (I'm excluding bonus tracks btw, and fade was supposed to be on the tracklist)

reKon

Banned
Beyond the exclusivity, why do people hate Tidal compared to, say, Spotify? Seems fine to me.

because people would rather stick with one service due to maintaining their library in one spot and also because people have fanboy/fangirl tendencies sometimes for no reason. Tidal really is not a bad service...

It's just not necessary to have except for getting exclusive content earlier.

FZZ

Banned
Piano Wolves

Best version I have heard so far

Jesus fucking christ

edit: Only gripes I have are the transition they have from when they cut off Kanye's unfollow/unswallow line, and how quiet Sia is (although that's just the fault of not having a good enough sample of her part). Overall 8.7/10 as a track, hoping for the official version soon though.

Alternate link

The lyrics on this album are such a frustration. We have Kendrick and Beyoncé making waves by taking relevant political stands, and then we have Kanye just talking about his dick. Not that everyone needs to be serious, but Ye should be better than this.

Hands up Hands up like the cops wanted
Hands up hands up till the cops shot us

The lyrics on this album are such a frustration. We have Kendrick and Beyoncé making waves by taking relevant political stands, and then we have Kanye just talking about his dick. Not that everyone needs to be serious, but Ye should be better than this.

Yeah and Beyonce just scheduled a world tour with $300 tickets in cities whose populations are all predominantly white. While her husband sold "Occupy All Streets" shirts that didn't actually support OWS.

furly

Neo Member
Piano Wolves

Jesus fucking christ

edit: Only gripes I have are the transition they have from when they cut off Kanye's unfollow/unswallow line, and how quiet Sia is (although that's just the fault of not having a good enough sample of her part). Overall 8.7/10 as a track, hoping for the official version soon though.

Quota exceeded! Anyone have a mirror link?

Piano Wolves

Jesus fucking christ

Alternate link

Quota exceeded! Anyone have a mirror link?

Yeah anyone with another link?

Thanks v

robotrock

Banned
Piano Wolves

Jesus fucking christ

Alternate link

Oh god. I didn't realize it until this, but I totally miss the old Wolves.

Kanye please :((((((((

Brakke

Banned
How good is it that Fade is last. Every listen I get like twenty seconds into that Facts trashfire, then I hit skip and land on Fade and feel that double-whammy. Feels good to skip Facts, feels good to hear Fade.

Floridian

Piano Wolves

Jesus fucking christ

Alternate link

The CDQ version of this would be SOTY material.

nib95

Banned
Piano Wolves

Jesus fucking christ

Alternate link

One of the best versions yet. A bit too much reverb on Vic though, and Sia is super quiet, but for an unofficial job it's great. Thanks for this.

Any chance someone can increase the volume on Sia and re-upload this?

Crazyorloco

These fan altered versions of wolves are great. I like the one posted earlier in this thread, without kanye's verse. It had Vic the slick, my girl Sia, and my homie frank ocean on it.

I wonder if kanye will be able to make it better than these fan made ones...

I keep hoping there's news in this thread about releasing this album...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Piano is too much for me. I like the final edit in that KTT thread. Basically perfect besides fluctuation in the Vic verse, but even that's been toned down.

jay23

Has anyone created an extended version of father stretch my hands pt.1?

Piano Wolves

Jesus fucking christ

Alternate link

Thank you, this will have to do till Ye hopefully releases original wolves + Frank ocean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom