• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortemis

Banned
Cant stop listening to the album. Beautiful morning, you're the sun in my morning babe is so good

That line has been stuck in my head for a while. Felt weird when I read your post while that repeating in my head at that point. lol

Piano Wolves

Best version I have heard so far

Jesus fucking christ

edit: Only gripes I have are the transition they have from when they cut off Kanye's unfollow/unswallow line, and how quiet Sia is (although that's just the fault of not having a good enough sample of her part). Overall 8.7/10 as a track, hoping for the official version soon though.

Alternate link

Messy but shows potential in Wolves. If we can get that deep bass, and Vic & Sia's verses while keeping Frank as the closer to it, shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Let me eat even more Ye.

joeposh

Wolves doesn't need to be "fixed".. it's fine. 2nd best track on the album behind FML.

Did you hear the earlier versions of it? TLOP cut lacks the emotional impact, mostly because of that corny rap section that goes on for way too long and totally undercuts an otherwise beautiful and haunting track.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Did you hear the earlier versions of it? TLOP cut lacks the emotional impact, mostly because of that corny rap section that goes on for way too long and totally undercuts an otherwise beautiful and haunting track.

Yes, and the current version is fine.

It grew on me. "WAKE UP MR. WEST"

Well originally the album was only 10 tracks, which 10?
1, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 15, 14-17 (still haven't given 14-17 a good listen though, but Fade is obnoxious af with the 'i feel it fade' in the background nonstop, ruins the song)

And I switch to next song when Swizz Beats comes on

JTripper

Father Stretch My Hands is really annoying to me but god damn I look forward to the bleached asshole line every time.

My favorite stretch on the album is easily Famous to Highlights however Low Lights is way too long. Should be a 40 second prologue to highlights and that's it.

I'm not a huge fan of the B-side honestly but I do like FML. Waves and Wolves just don't do it for me.

Father Stretch My Hands is really annoying to me but god damn I look forward to the bleached asshole line every time.

My favorite stretch on the album is easily Famous to Highlights
The start of father stretch my hands is so great to me. Then Kanye hits you with the bleach line lol,......I'm used to it now.......its grown on me?....

No. Heaven sounds like the Feedback beat.

50KS8.png
50KS8.png

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Funny thing is the more you listen to it the more dense it becomes. When I first heard it I felt like I breezed through it. It feels much longer now and I say I appreciate the shortness of the songs more because of that. I'm hearing a lot of new things through every subsequent listening session of the album.
This. So much this. Every listen I come to appreciate it more and more. It's on MBDTF levels of consistency from beginning to end.

Mortemis

Banned

lmao, yeah I aint gonna lie, as stupid as a line it is it's one of those stupid lines that make you laugh.

Lines like the corny bitches you wish you could unfollow are just bad straight up, and ruins Kanye's rapping verse in Wolves.

jokkir

Okay, after a few listens, Wolves is still ruined and Freestyle 4 is meh.

FML is great, Ultralight Beams is great, Feedback is fun, Real Friends is pretty good too.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Heaven actually probably sounds like 30 Hours. Forever and ever
I wish he hadn't dropped it on Soundcloud, it would have been such a great surprise. I love it, but I had already listened to it 10-15 times by the time he released TLOP. Lowkey highlight of the album.

Zekes!

I was on a packed bus listening this today and when the beat drops in Father Stretch My Hands I just wanted to get up and have the whole bus vibe with me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom