• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeposh

What I can gather from various discussions on these new versions that are beginning to surface.

• OG Wolves with Frank at the beginning is real.
  • "OG Fade" that was linked to a few pages back is fake. It's a fanmix.

This stuff is getting out though and I'm sure we'll see more in the next few days. Too many people have copies now.

NotLiquid

How? Listening to what was released has no bearing on listening to what will be released.

It's more so that I have no fucking idea what is actually going to be considered "the real deal" at the end of the day when Kanye considers this project done and dusted.

I'd rather the first listen be the one and final thing.

What if there is a John Legend version of FML/Wolves? @(@

His voice is too soulful for FML. That song works because the vocals are bare and not powerful.

Wolves I'm not sure about because Sia's a powerful voice and she elevates it but I'm not sure Legend's style would work with it.

Syntsui

What I can gather from various discussions on these new versions that are beginning to surface.

• OG Wolves with Frank at the beginning is real.
  • "OG Fade" that was linked to a few pages back is fake. It's a fanmix.

This stuff is getting out though and I'm sure we'll see more in the next few days. Too many people have copies now.

Put Famous on the trash fanmix and we good. Anyway, so the OG Wolves with Frank in the end is the real OG with Frank in the beginning, but fanmixed for the sake of coherence?

FZZ

Banned
O5kiIXb.png

Kyzer

Banned
ohhh i get it. TLOP will never be released because its going to be a whole nother album with another title and tracklist in a couple weeks again lmao

Catvoca

Banned
I don't like the Sia part of Wolves. My only problem with the current version is some of Kanye's lyrics on his verse. I guess I like Mensa's part, the beat switches in the OG version are sick too. But I could totally take or leave Sia from the track. The production on the album version is so much better then the leaks as well.

joeposh

Put Famous on the trash fanmix and we good. Anyway, so the OG Wolves with Frank in the end is the real OG with Frank in the beginning, but fanmixed for the sake of coherence?

Are you asking if the alternate version floating around with Frank at the end is just a chopped up version of the real one? I can't answer that definitively, but it seems so.

One clue is that the one with him at the beginning is a higher quality file. Also, reports on the pre-release version of TLOP (the 02/08 mix) were that Frank was at the beginning of the track.

joeposh

I don't like the Sia part of Wolves. My only problem with the current version is some of Kanye's lyrics on his verse. I guess I like Mensa's part, the beat switches in the OG version are sick too. But I could totally take or leave Sia from the track. The production on the album version is so much better then the leaks as well.

There are two small things I would change about the OG

-Take away Kayne's reprisal right before Sia sings. It's unnecessary and takes away from the impact of both her entrance and his brief reprisal right after.

-Some actual lyrics to replace the mush mouth that is "turned out ... [unintelligible]" in the first verse. Just bothers me that he couldn't finish the damn lyrics after such a beautiful intro from Frank.

Otherwise, it's fantastic.

Squalor

I'm confusing with Famous, but the intro is definetly different, in a worse way in this OG version. In the album version it sounds like a girl is singing.
Isn't it just autotune Kanye with feedback and Young Thug?

That's what it sounds like to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom