• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudder

This is great, but I still prefer the original. I don't think the song needs the majestic background vocals, I think it works better as a softer, more sparse song.

It's such a beautiful track, between Only One and ULB in the last year, maybe Kanye should just stick to writing sweet, soulful tunes for a change.

Shit man, that's what I thought this album was going to be. Imagine an album full of beautiful songs like Wolves and Only One. whew.

Wow it took me so long to realize Only One is sung from his mothers point of view. I never really paid attention to the lyrics aside from the hook.

Brb crying my eyes out at work

x-Lundz-x

Ok, finished Late Registration. It was good, but didn't have as many catchy tracks for me as the first album. Still if the rest of his albums are as good as the first two then I have been missing out on some good music over the years.

Also, I didn't realize Gold Digger was over 10 years old now...damn I'm old.

Anyway, on to Graduation.

Kiru

Ok so I've not up to speed on what's going on since the album .... "release" (lol). He said he was gonna fix wolves. Did he? Does the Tidal version have the "fixed" wolves?

I saw these 2 links, are either of these the "fixed/final" wolves?
http://www71.zippyshare.com/v/U93gI6GC/file.html
http://www75.zippyshare.com/v/zbg4lVac/file.html

Any other changes I should be aware of? That ONLY ONE version is just a fan edit right?
No official "fixed" wolves by kanye himself out. The ones out there are fan edits of final & og version.

Catvoca

Banned
Wow it took me so long to realize Only One is sung from his mothers point of view. I never really paid attention to the lyrics aside from the hook.

Brb crying my eyes out at work

"I talked to god about you,
He said he sent you an angel
Look at all that he gave you
You asked for one and you got two"

Makes my eyes misty every time.

Ashhong

Ok, finished Late Registration. It was good, but didn't have as many catchy tracks for me as the first album. Still if the rest of his albums are as good as the first two then I have been missing out on some good music over the years.

I wouldn't progress expecting "catchy" tracks. There are a few in each, but what you should be focusing on is the way his production evolves.

Ros8105

Ok so I've not up to speed on what's going on since the album .... "release" (lol). He said he was gonna fix wolves. Did he? Does the Tidal version have the "fixed" wolves?

I saw these 2 links, are either of these the "fixed/final" wolves?
http://www71.zippyshare.com/v/U93gI6GC/file.html
http://www75.zippyshare.com/v/zbg4lVac/file.html

Any other changes I should be aware of? That ONLY ONE version is just a fan edit right?
http://www44.zippyshare.com/v/szO2NbUm/file.html
The ones with Frank ocean are edits of this one.

Jigolo

Just heard the leaked Wolves original. First song I've heard from the album that's not real friends, 30 hours, or NMPILA.

v7oDTME.gif

Give me the final CD already

Crazyorloco

WTF is going on?!?!!?!?

So a new wolves was leaked...by kanye?

And there's a letter stating a new version of the album is coming?

We need a timeline or something.

Ashhong

Well to be fair, if all he wants is catchy tracks Graduation will be his album.

Graduation and CD are about the same to me in regards to catchy tracks. Although the Graduation tracks are a bit more modern so maybe that wins out

Just heard the leaked Wolves original. First song I've heard from the album that's not real friends, 30 hours, or NMPILA.

v7oDTME.gif

Give me the final CD already

Wheres this from? Well, obviously the GG, but what part?

//ARCANUM

Man, I really hope a *FINAL* version of this album eventually comes out
and is purchasable
and he doesn't just leave everything all hanging and messy. This album is pretty incredible and I really want a FINAL version of it on my phone.

Ashhong

Man, I really hope a *FINAL* version of this album eventually comes out
and is purchasable
and he doesn't just leave everything all hanging and messy. This album is pretty incredible and I really want a FINAL version of it on my phone.

There 100% is a "final" version coming out in a few days. Whether or not that is available to purchase is unknown. It's possible that people still consider it to be messy because they compare it to these leaks, but that's not fair. For all intents and purposes, the version he releases this week should be seen as the "final" cut

That's one thing that bothers me with his releases. There are always so many leaks of unfinished cuts that we go and judge the final product based off of those and complain that the final doesn't have this or that. Not really fair

213372bu

Banned

You're probably going to love Graduation then if you like catchy tracks that have still have a feel of College Dropout.

Also, people consider LR his weakest with the bloat. It just depends on how you like the tonal shift from like 808s-present.

j-wood

There 100% is a "final" version coming out in a few days. Whether or not that is available to purchase is unknown. It's possible that people still consider it to be messy because they compare it to these leaks, but that's not fair. For all intents and purposes, the version he releases this week should be seen as the "final" cut

That's one thing that bothers me with his releases. There are always so many leaks of unfinished cuts that we go and judge the final product based off of those and complain that the final doesn't have this or that. Not really fair

How do you know it's coming this week?

j-wood

Email from Tidal telling people that the final version is coming in a "few days". I expect it to coincide with iTunes update on Friday.

Yeah I got that email as well, but didn't that email come from See tickets regarding the theater purchase? They have nothing to do with Tidal.

x-Lundz-x

Well to be fair, if all he wants is catchy tracks Graduation will be his album.

I will admit I do like catchy music (big fan of trance for my workouts etc..) so I'm kind of a sucker for that.

You're probably going to love Graduation then if you like catchy tracks that have still have a feel of College Dropout.

Also, people consider LR his weakest with the bloat. It just depends on how you like the tonal shift from like 808s-present.

Cool, thanks :)

Really? I thought most saw Graduation as his weakest album.

Ashhong

Yeah I got that email as well, but didn't that email come from See tickets regarding the theater purchase? They have nothing to do with Tidal.

Nah, looks like it came from Tidal. I'm pretty sure it went out to the people who spent the 20$ or 10$ when it first came out

edit: wrong image. Maybe not, hold up..

213372bu

Banned
Really? I thought most saw Graduation as his weakest album.
lol u wot m8

LR isn't my fave, but it's generally seen as Kanye's best from most.

There's a huge split depending on what you like, probably another one on age, and so on.

Everyone I knew spoke highly of graduation and the divisive albums were 808s(Which grew on people), Yeezus(Which people didn't like on release, and Late Registration(Which people generally say has a lot of bloat).

Even on forums, people rank albums completely different.

But definitively if you liked College Dropout and want some catchy songs, you'll get a lot of love out of Graduation.

Ashhong

There was another see tickets letter floating around today too btw

Ah I haven't seen that one. Only the 2 from Tidal, the one below and the one about the duplicate charges or something

But this one says final album in the next few days

lol u wot m8

LR isn't my fave, but it's generally seen as Kanye's best from most.

Really depends on what people are looking for. Production wise I think it's definitely up there. If you are looking for radio friendly, or easy to listen to/fun songs, it's bottom tier.

213372bu

Banned
Ah I haven't seen that one. Only the 2 from Tidal, the one below and the one about the duplicate charges or something

But this one says final album in the next few days

I got repeated charges totaling like $100+ for the album but settled it through the bank.

No email from Tidal, but it sucks that this has happened.

Their service regarding charging is too dodgy.

Catvoca

Banned
LR is last for me. Graduation a close second.

Huh, I assumed from your avatar you'd like Graduation! Yeah, I can understand people putting LR last, but it definitely isn't the consensus. I personally love it, definitely a whole lot more then CD.

Ashhong

Huh, I assumed from your avatar you'd like Graduation! Yeah, I can understand people putting LR last, but it definitely isn't the consensus. I personally love it, definitely a whole lot more then CD.

CD is a goddamn classic man! Masterpiece

Kanye cycle is coming..

PBY

Banned

I actually do love Grad! I love LR too

Its tough too rank albums when they're all good

213372bu

Banned

Take that back, College Dropout is top-tier. Love its lyrics and style.

Even the skits are hilarious.

Catvoca

Banned
CD is a goddamn classic man! Masterpiece

Kanye cycle is coming..
Haha, I only became a big Kanye fan in the last few years so that probably influences my opinion of CD. There's some undeniably great tracks, but as a whole it doesn't do much for me (those skits as well....).

I actually do love Grad! I love LR too

Its tough too rank albums when they're all good

This too! My least favourite Kanye album is still like 4/5 for me.

Jay-Hova

Banned
Late Registration is not generally considered Kanye's best.
What?
That's MBDTF and CD by most people as far as I've seen.
(I think it could be considered his best and it is my favorite though)

CD has aged poorly tbh. Only a few tracks on there i really like now. Old kanye was actually pretty great lyrically but his music was clearly in its infancy

Graduation his worst album

Late Registration up there with one of his best. It's either that or 808s imo. Followed by yeezus and then mbdtf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom