• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're probably going to love Graduation then if you like catchy tracks that have still have a feel of College Dropout.

Also, people consider LR his weakest with the bloat. It just depends on how you like the tonal shift from like 808s-present.

What? I very rarely see Late Registration considered to be his weakest. Most seem to say Graduation or Yeezus(though the latter does seem to be getting a better reception these days). Sometimes 808s. Personally, I'd say CD or Graduation though.

Hip Hop

Ah I haven't seen that one. Only the 2 from Tidal, the one below and the one about the duplicate charges or something

But this one says final album in the next few days

This is what I got from SEETickets on Monday.

Important information about your Kanye West album pre-order

Our records indicate you pre-ordered Kanye West's new album, The Life Of Pablo.

A partial version of the album can be streamed at tidal.com, but the final version will be released in the next several days.

We will send the album to you at this email address within 24 hours of its release.

Thank you for your patience

213372bu

Banned
It's honestly kinda crazy and cool to hear entirely different opinions/perspectives on Kanye's music in general. I've never thought I'd hear that they considered CD especially as a lower ranked album.

--

Anyways, hoping we can hit that OT 2 before the full album drops.

Catvoca

Banned
'No you're not perfect but you're not your mistakes' is such a beautiful line.

You know that lines actually him paraphrasing something his mom wrote in her memoirs.

"“Whatever mistakes he makes, I am certain that he learns from them. And learning from mistakes means growth.”

She also talks about naming him, which obviously influences the song.

Only one thing was missing [after the birth] – the perfect name for the perfect baby. With all of the excitement around the pregnancy, we’d never picked out names. So my mother and I began thumbing through this book of African names I’d bought. I was very Afrocentric and so was Ray. We wanted our child to have a name that represented his culture and stood for something. We wanted him to have a strong name.

Mother and I found the name “Kanye” in this book. It was an Ethiopian name that meant “the only one.” I knew he would be our only child, set apart, and special.

My mother found his middle name in the Os. She chose “Omari,” which means “wise man.” Kanye Omari West. Mother pointed out that his initials would be K.O. She liked that it stood for knockout. We asked Ray about the names and he was cool with both Kanye for the first name and Omari as the middle name. So we made it official.
Such a beautiful song.These extracts were just on genius btw.

Bowser

Might as well restart the Kanye cycle! My personal ranks:

MBDTF
CD
808s
LR
Yeezus
Graduation

As of now, I’d slot TLoP at 2…irrational exuberance, maybe, but I'm loving it

Late Registration last on somes list? Never thought I'd see the day. Will always be my top Ye' album.

Anyway I dropped Fade in the case today finally. That bassline. Whew...
So many repeatable whip tracks.

Hip Hop

good god that website is a mess and next to impossible to tell what I'm looking at. really makes me appreciate NeoGAF layout and design.

Really? I feel like it's one of the easiest forums to read, it's just the OP with all the info that is a bit much.

Anyway, KTT has this down to a science lol. These guys are something else.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
wait.. wait.. hold up... wait.

there is an 'og' FML?

i'm on a conf call and can't listen to this Sample 65 right now. that it?

PBY

Banned
SNIPPET 65

beSFiXF.png

There's a huge split depending on what you like, probably another one on age, and so on.

Everyone I knew spoke highly of graduation and the divisive albums were 808s(Which grew on people), Yeezus(Which people didn't like on release, and Late Registration(Which people generally say has a lot of bloat).

Even on forums, people rank albums completely different.

But definitively if you liked College Dropout and want some catchy songs, you'll get a lot of love out of Graduation.

Umm, black twitter was ratings Ye's albums yesterday morning and LR and MBDTF were at the top of damn near every list.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Honestly I really need to give CD and LR more of a listen and still need to listen to Graduation besides the hooks...but if I had to rank them right now...

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Yeezus
The Life of Pablo
Watch The Throne
808s and Heartbreak
Graduation
Cruel Summer
The College Dropout
Late Registration

Catvoca

Banned
Honestly I really need to give CD and LR more of a listen and still need to listen to Graduation besides the hooks...but if I had to rank them right now...

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Yeezus
The Life of Pablo
Watch The Throne
808s and Heartbreak
Graduation
Cruel Summer
The College Dropout
Late Registration

I normally don't ever criticize a man's Kanye West album ranking, but Cruel Summer above CD and LR is crazy.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
shit is wild somebody is claiming to have an og fml and selling it for $70

the fuck is going on.

213372bu

Banned
Umm, black twitter was ratings Ye's albums yesterday morning and LR and MBDTF were at the top of damn near every list.

Like I said, I'm just speaking from the people I know/knew.

Even then, people who like CD usually tend to like Graduation too.

It wasn't until this OT that I realized that wasn't the vast majority of people

Kinda like the Fade having an intro, might put it on my phone.

Really hope he doesn't fuck up the order. I'm voting go back to the Waves tracklist tbh. Find a way to work Freestyle 4 and Feedback in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom