• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catvoca

Banned

Glad you liked 808's, it's a polarizing album but it's absolutely one of my favourites. Street Lights was on repeat for me before TLOP came out. You're in for a treat with his next album, it's the most generally well liked of the lot. Also, you should make sure to give all these albums a bunch of re-listens, Yeezus in particular takes a while to grow on you.

UPMyi03.jpg

Oh my god, that's amazing.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Is there a better cut of Fade? Its good but it feels like it could be so much better.

robotrock

Banned
Ok, holy shit I need to apologize GAF. I just got done listening to 808s and Heartbreak and damn son. Not a single track I didn't like. I mean does it get better because if so I can see why you guys praise his music so much.

So I may not like some of the man child antics he does in real life, but you are right I simply cannot deny his musical ability. His music is, i don't even know how to describe it, but is just so different from album to album but it just keeps getting better. When those drums kicked in on Love Lockdown, I was fucking jammin in the car.

I'm a believer, but after listening to the first 4 albums today I need a break to reset myself. I'm impressed GAF, I can't wait to get to TLOP so I can join in on the feast.

So far for me:
808s and Heartbreak
College Dropout
Graduation
Late Registration

We will see after I get caught up. :)

best one coming up

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Ye is turning KTT into a conspiracy theory board
they almost got me believing.
i might need to step away for a bit...

FZZ

Banned
KTT figured it out

Trying to stay on the #UltraLightBeam wave and be positive

He confirmed that the album cover isn't just about Paul but also represents Escobar and Picasso

But he also confirmed something else ppl were speculating, that his album cover was inspired by 'The Shining'

CrhsGy5.jpg

It was directed by Kubrick who's the fourth person he mentions. I don't think it's a coincidence.

The plot of 'The Shining' is interesting

"In the film, Jack Torrance, a writer and recovering alcoholic, takes a job as an off-season caretaker at the isolated Overlook Hotel. Some time after settling in, the family is trapped in the hotel by a snowstorm, and Jack gradually becomes influenced by a ghostly presence, descends into madness, and ultimately attempts to murder his wife and son."

- he's obviously not this messed up but it might provide a look into his psyche, like he might be feeling really under pressure and he admitted on twitter that being 'broke' can ruin his family, etc..

:eek:

Ashhong

man..that cut of Wolves needs to remove the trash can beat. Basically should use the album cut for the first minute 30 before vic

Ok, holy shit I need to apologize GAF. I just got done listening to 808s and Heartbreak and damn son. Not a single track I didn't like. I mean does it get better because if so I can see why you guys praise his music so much.

So I may not like some of the man child antics he does in real life, but you are right I simply cannot deny his musical ability. His music is, i don't even know how to describe it, but is just so different from album to album but it just keeps getting better. When those drums kicked in on Love Lockdown, I was fucking jammin in the car.

I'm a believer, but after listening to the first 4 albums today I need a break to reset myself. I'm impressed GAF, I can't wait to get to TLOP so I can join in on the feast.

So far for me:
808s and Heartbreak
College Dropout
Graduation
Late Registration

I'm just glad you gave him a chance! The best one is yet to come.

I'm glad that you like 808s already too, it took me a while to actually like it. And now I like every song. I still didn't like robocop until a couple years ago.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
if this really is all an act Kanye is putting on the Oscar's need to create a category for it and give the man a statue.

Septic360

Banned
Right help me here. I've been skipping through the pages of the thread and I'm confused as hell. The shining story aside, what's actually happening with Kanyes new album?

Is it out or not? What's the beef?

Also thanks for putting that track up. Why is the track broken? Why are fans fixing them? Did he release it in pre alpha state or whaaa?

Right help me here. I've been skipping through the pages of the thread and I'm confused as hell. The shining story aside, what's actually happening with Kanyes new album?

Is it out or not? What's the beef?

Also thanks for putting that track up. Why is the track broken? Why are fans fixing them? Did he release it in pre alpha state or whaaa?

The album is available on Tidal only for streaming, it was briefly being sold on Tidal (for like 24 hours) then got taken down. People thought the version of Wolves on the album was much worse than an earlier version, so Kanye said he was going to fix it.

So to sum it up, what's on Tidal is probably a beta. Maybe.

Moonkid

Guys I think I finally got it. We usually think of albums as like the official word of the artist. Like this is how they wanted you to listen to the songs in this order, mixed like this etc. Kanye is changing that though. The Life of Pablo is whatever you want it to be.
The Puzzle of Pablo lol?

213372bu

Banned

So far for me:
808s and Heartbreak
College Dropout
Graduation
Late Registration

Thanks for your impressions!
Someone should photoshop Mike Dean's face on this

Nah it needs to be Jay-Z reminding Kanye about his
alleged
exclusivity deal.

Ashhong

So far for me:
808s and Heartbreak
College Dropout
Graduation
Late Registration

Good shit man. I think you will absolutely love MBDTF. Yeezus reactions are unpredictable, you can go either way.

Kanye's discography is amazing. Almost universally praised, and each album is so good that there is a fan somewhere that thinks any one of them is his best album. I don't know any other artist with 7 albums of this quality. I wish that he wasn't such a child so that I didn't have to always defend him with my friends. It's getting tiring.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I have more copies of Wolves on my computer now than there are actual wolves in all of Canada

He's turning into a joke at this point. Sad to watch :(

There's a large part of me that honestly believes this is all show. Think about the stuff in his life leading up to the month or so before the album. He got married, had his kids, didnt hear a peep from him except on Sway. Dude's probably loving life and happy himself, but no one wants a happy Kanye. Media feeds off of ridiculous Kanye so he gives them ridiculous Kanye. I don't see this immediate drop off mentally and emotionally for him so quickly. 7th time around I wanna say he knows what he's doing.

FZZ

Banned
Do people seriously think that's a meltdown

Has no one ever seen Kanye rant

Did people not even read the vacation cards on the first page of this OT?

He's always been cocky as hell, lmfaooooooooooo. His Sway interview was so much worse than that "meltdown" smh

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Ya I don't buy it. He suddenly shows up and starts going crazy on Twitter when his album drops out. No surprise. Haven't heard from him in 3 years lol. I think last time we heard him flipping out it was at his wedding or on an interview

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
When someone says "Kanye melt down" that clip is not what I imagine.

That was very tame compared to what I expect from him.

Do people seriously think that's a meltdown

Has no one ever seen Kanye rant

Did people not even read the vacation cards on the first page of this OT?

He's always been cocky as hell, lmfaooooooooooo. His Sway interview was so much worse than that "meltdown" smh

He was threatening to walk off-set minutes before a live show was about to begin.

As a producer that is my worst nightmare come to life.

Luckily I've never had to work with someone as insane as Kanye... but Diddy probably comes close.

Ashhong

He was threatening to walk off-set minutes before a live show was about to begin.

As a producer that is my worst nightmare come to life.

Luckily I've never had to work with someone as insane as Kanye... but Diddy probably comes close.

Well we don't really know what he's so upset about. Sounds like they messed up his stage right before the show? As a producer I would assume you wouldn't do something like that to your guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom