• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toparaman

Banned
Ok, holy shit I need to apologize GAF. I just got done listening to 808s and Heartbreak and damn son. Not a single track I didn't like. I mean does it get better because if so I can see why you guys praise his music so much.

So I may not like some of the man child antics he does in real life, but you are right I simply cannot deny his musical ability. His music is, i don't even know how to describe it, but is just so different from album to album but it just keeps getting better. When those drums kicked in on Love Lockdown, I was fucking jammin in the car.

I'm a believer, but after listening to the first 4 albums today I need a break to reset myself. I'm impressed GAF, I can't wait to get to TLOP so I can join in on the feast.

So far for me:
808s and Heartbreak
College Dropout
Graduation
Late Registration

We will see after I get caught up. :)

College Dropout and 808s are also my favorites. Kanye writes better song lyrics than he does rap lyrics, so it's too bad the reception to 808s was so mixed at the time. I find Late Reg, Graduation, and MBDTF to be too overproduced for my tastes, but I'm in the minority there.

I will also say that I think Kanye's ego bleeds into his music way too often. Sometimes listening to his music is akin to watching someone masturbate.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Sometimes listening to his music is akin to watching someone masturbate.

uV8svdP.png

Reading how x-Lundz-x is slowing becoming one of us is the lowkey highlight of the thread. I can't wait to hear Lundz impressions of MBDTF. I'd give anything to be able to hear that for the first time again.

PBY

Banned
uV8svdP.png

Reading how x-Lundz-x is slowing becoming one of us is the lowkey highlight of the thread. I can't wait to hear Lundz impressions of MBDTF. I'd give anything to be able to hear that for the first time again.

Same.

Highkey actually more hype for his review of MBDTF than any more leaks.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
So is this album any good?

For reference I think they've all been shit since Graduation.

MBDTF is fucking awful in particular.

yea, mirroring ashhong, you probably won't like it. though, definitely try and listen as you may like songs such as real friends, 30 hours, and maybe no more parties in LA.

TheXbox

Kanye's spectrum of influence is so odd. That's really what bothers me the most. Paul of Tarsus is more influential than, like, a thousand Stanley Kubricks.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Kanye's spectrum of influence is so odd. That's really what bothers me the most. Paul of Tarsus is more influential than, like, a thousand Stanley Kubricks.

I think kanye's perceives art on a plane of high influence. I mean he considers himself an artist.

Kyzer

Banned
If kanye just got together with dean to rearrange the tracks into a more pop friendly format it would be a huge hit. Until then, it halfway bangs. Its like a picasso painting. Like, its almost a really nice painting but it looks like halfway through he started trippin and it got all weird and the eyes are shapes and the nose isnt in the right place. Its simply not an intro-verse-hook-verse-hook-outro kind of affair. But I like it. Much better than yeezus overall. I prefer this style of experimentation.

robotrock

Banned
I'm trying to understand how buying shoes on the internet works but I just can't.

Backdoors? I usually get stuff delivered at my front.

LOL, this fucking gif, hahahaha.

I can never understand why someone would think that of MBDTF, because to me that's his greatest work. Personally I would not say one is going to dislike TLOP if he/she disliked MBDTF as well, because they are so damn different. For instance the latter has SO much more actual rapping on it, in general it has Kanye's presence much more on it and musically wise it's a completely different animal.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Ok. Finally listened to 808s fully

It's like Ye released a double album for me

Welcome to heart break

edit: to you and the other dude that just listened see if you can find the original welcome to heartbreak without the piano keys with just synth. sooooooooo much better

TheXbox

I think kanye's perceives art on a plane of high influence. I mean he considers himself an artist.
He is an artist, but it's like his perception of history solely includes Jesus and the 21st century. He pops off about this shit all the time, like he's got a list in his head of the top ten most important figures in history, and it's always the same people. Jesus. Paul. Uh... Steve Jobs? Maybe Medici and Da Vinci if he's really trying. I don't know. I hear that stuff, and then I think back to him relating the 300 Spartans to the Romans, and it puzzles me a little bit.
inb4 "CCC"

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I don't see that happening for another year or two. The demand is insane right now. Seems like stores are only getting a few pairs, if even that.

i might have to go on a twitter rant.

i've been able to buy jordans, lebrons, kobes. but never have i even seen a pair of yeezy's in a store.

jacobeid

Banned
My first impression as a fan of Kanye's music after the first listen is pretty disappointing. Not even necessarily in terms of the music, but of the actual audio engineering. It's really surprising how terribly it's mixed considering that we're talking about Kanye...

hughesta

Banned
My first impression as a fan of Kanye's music after the first listen is pretty disappointing. Not even necessarily in terms of the music, but of the actual audio engineering. It's really surprising how terribly it's mixed considering that we're talking about Kanye...
it's edgy

sdornan

My first impression as a fan of Kanye's music after the first listen is pretty disappointing. Not even necessarily in terms of the music, but of the actual engineering. It's really surprising how terribly it's mixed considering that we're talking about Kanye...
Really? I think the consensus is that the mastering is the bad part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom