• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, holy shit I need to apologize GAF. I just got done listening to 808s and Heartbreak and damn son. Not a single track I didn't like. I mean does it get better because if so I can see why you guys praise his music so much.

So I may not like some of the man child antics he does in real life, but you are right I simply cannot deny his musical ability. His music is, i don't even know how to describe it, but is just so different from album to album but it just keeps getting better. When those drums kicked in on Love Lockdown, I was fucking jammin in the car.

I'm a believer, but after listening to the first 4 albums today I need a break to reset myself. I'm impressed GAF, I can't wait to get to TLOP so I can join in on the feast.

So far for me:
808s and Heartbreak
College Dropout
Graduation
Late Registration

We will see after I get caught up. :)

Welcome to the family.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The "OG" wolves just sounds like someone added Frank's verse to the ref track/SNL track that's been floating around for ages.
It's not because the audio for both Vic and Sia is so much clearer than the SNL mic feeds people have been using in edits prior.

Anth0ny

So is this album any good?

For reference I think they've all been shit since Graduation.

MBDTF is fucking awful in particular.

what in the fuck

anyways, I've finally made the perfect ultralight beam gif

ulbbwkwk.gif

yes sir

honestly the worst part of those paparazzi videos is the guys trying to ask "funny" questions

because they're always asked with this sense of smug self satisfaction that AH YES I AM A CLEVER MAN

Are you opening the gates?

Gates? No, I just kind of hate MBDTF, didn't think that was controversial. It doesn't really excel in any area while managing to be annoyingly pretentious.

College Dropout was great because he focused on putting together solid hip hop tracks. Being completely real, he's mediocre at best as a rapper, but his limitations weren't as apparent on that album.

Rembrandt

Banned
Gates? No, I just kind of hate MBDTF, didn't think that was controversial. It doesn't really excel in any area while managing to be annoyingly pretentious.

College Dropout was great because he focused on putting together solid hip hop tracks. Being completely real, he's mediocre at best as a rapper, but his limitations weren't as apparent on that album.

it's probably his most lauded album with some of his best tracks ever. disliking LR/CD is less controversial.

Ashhong

People made up their minds about kanye ever since the whole "i'mma let you finish" thing, and nothing will change that
dumb af but hey, what can you do

Was probably before that with the "George Bush doesn't care about black people". Taylor incident didn't help, but that was the starting step really.

Ok, holy shit I need to apologize GAF. I just got done listening to 808s and Heartbreak and damn son. Not a single track I didn't like. I mean does it get better because if so I can see why you guys praise his music so much.

So I may not like some of the man child antics he does in real life, but you are right I simply cannot deny his musical ability. His music is, i don't even know how to describe it, but is just so different from album to album but it just keeps getting better. When those drums kicked in on Love Lockdown, I was fucking jammin in the car.

I'm a believer, but after listening to the first 4 albums today I need a break to reset myself. I'm impressed GAF, I can't wait to get to TLOP so I can join in on the feast.

So far for me:
808s and Heartbreak
College Dropout
Graduation
Late Registration

That's some mighty fine feasting, and you haven't even had the main course yet.

Try posting a thread about it and see it die in the first page. NeoGAF is no better than TMZ shit sometimes.

To be honest he does do a lot of dumb things. Laughing at other people helps you feel better about your own, is a very universal human trait. But yes, people do like to shit on him wholesale. Saddest are those that totally reject his skill. I mean how can anyone watch the whole MBTDF short and say this guy is not creative as hell.

Ashhong

To be honest he does do a lot of dumb things. Laughing at other people helps you feel better about your own, is a very universal human trait. But yes, people do like to shit on him wholesale. Saddest are those that totally reject his skill. I mean how can anyone watch the whole MBTDF short and say this guy is not creative as hell.

It just frustrates me because people can't see past his online persona. I love the dude and want him to succeed so it's disheartening to see so much hatred. I can't get over my coworker today complaining about TLOP because "there's a song about how much Kanye loves himself". If you take like 1 minute to actually think about the song you would realize how that is not what it's about.

So far for me:
808s and Heartbreak
College Dropout
Graduation
Late Registration

I can't wait to see your reaction to My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

Rembrandt

Banned
So what's the word with this?

http://www.audioclouds.net/index.php?a=track&id=169

We *think* it's the fixed/final version? Or we *know* it is?

if you don't like Kanye's verse, just assume that's the final version since it's the combination of the best parts of the songs. I'm keeping both versions since I like the second half of Kanye's verse but absolutely love Vic's part. If the final version combines them (I'll even take the full Ye verse), I'll be a happy guy.

Feel like I'm gonna regret asking this.... What is section 80?

A Kendrick Lamar music forum made by some infamous leaker and TDE. It's basically a Kendrick version of Kanye To The. I don't trek there since KTT is both hilarious and informative, but they seem to have some people in the know there.

It just frustrates me because people can't see past his online persona. I love the dude and want him to succeed so it's disheartening to see so much hatred. I can't get over my coworker today complaining about TLOP because "there's a song about how much Kanye loves himself". If you take like 1 minute to actually think about the song you would realize how that is not what it's about.

I can see somebody not in tune with internet culture not getting the meme, but if they are, then they should praise the song for the self-aware masterpiece it is. People are dumb, though. It's obviously written in third person. Did you explain it to them?

I like how we all wanted Kanye to tweet more after all of his great tweets back then but lots of people are tired of it now. It also frustrates me to see how hard people undermine him. I don't get how you can say he isn't talented or smart.

Septic360

Banned
The album is available on Tidal only for streaming, it was briefly being sold on Tidal (for like 24 hours) then got taken down. People thought the version of Wolves on the album was much worse than an earlier version, so Kanye said he was going to fix it.

So to sum it up, what's on Tidal is probably a beta. Maybe.

Ah cheers for that! Dunno why someone would elect to release their music like that but this is Kanye we're on about

Ashhong

I can see somebody not in tune with internet culture not getting the meme, but if they are, then they should praise the song for the self-aware masterpiece it is. People are dumb, though. It's obviously written in third person. Did you explain it to them?

I like how we all wanted Kanye to tweet more after all of his great tweets back then but lots of people are tired of it now. It also frustrates me to see how hard people undermine him. I don't get how you can say he isn't talented or smart.

I tried, but I could tell it wasn't going to do any good. He also said that the first half of the album "wasn't music", so I just ignored him.

Pavaloo

So far for me:
808s and Heartbreak
College Dropout
Graduation
Late Registration

Das rite
Put in werk
Eat dat salad
no dessert

Ran rp

I might even place it behind 808s. I have to listen to them all again but I think my top 3 would be

Yeezus
808s = TLOP
MBDTF LR

TLOP would probably have the second spot alone or even first if Ye's verses weren't such a let down.

Edit: eh, I might put it behind LR as well. I'm just not feeling this album anymore, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom