• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Known fuckwit continues to be fuckwit.

OK ok... Fair enough. Like I said I haven't been following the news at all on it. Just that I find it odd why all these years these women remained silent. Do fill me in.

Well, Cosby was a person of unassailable position during the years where he supposedly did these deeds. It would be the equivalent of accusing Mr. Rogers of raping someone; the public would hate you, the trial wouldn't go your way, and you'd be an outcast. People did come forward in the late 90s and early 2000s. So time goes on, and eventually someone makes a joke about Cosby and the rap accusations. That reinvigorates focus on the case, and for some reason, this is when people begin to come forward. And this spurs the lifting of a seal on some deposition material Cosby said under oath where he acknowledges giving women quaaludes to "gain their cooperation." It isn't hard to make the leap from coercion to full-on drugging and rape. So, the sheer amount of people coming forward, coupled with the deposition material coupled with Cosby's silence and his own acknowledgement he drugged women coupled with Cosby's "Spanish Fly" jokes on slipping aphrodisiacs into women's drinks WITHOUT their knowledge pretty much damns him.

As with any high profile case, there would be one or two people who have come forward who probably didn't get raped by Cosby, but that doesn't mean we can disregard the near 50 people that have come out against him. Naturally, with any high profile case come people who become false victims for some reason and I don't think this case is any different. However, the fact Cosby had means, unassailable status, access to 10/10 women and drugs make this case rather easy to conclude.

And as for women coming out to the press decades after the fact, the same thing happened with Savile. People called him out when he was alive, and no one believed him. He was still considered a British icon despite the pedophilia allegations to kids in orphanages and hospitals. He was so beloved no one could fathom he was an abuser so they just ignored the accusations. The BBC knew of it but couldn't lose their icon, so they swept it under the rug. My guess is, it is the same with Cosby.

Brinbe

I'll support Ye's idiocy through most anything because most times it doesn't hurt anyone but himself, but there's really nothing to gain by defending a rapist... Just put down the phone down and get off Twitter till after Friday.

Khaledplayedyourself.gif

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
And now he's tweeting about new shoes like nothing happened. Where the fuck do you get off

FZZ

Banned
Shits on Nike

Openly talks about beefing with their CEO

Then tweets out fucking disgusting Bill Cosby tweet

Now praising Nike and lebrons shoes

I can't follow this, good luck with it gaf

Torre_avenue

Thanks man. I really had no idea all that stuff was going on. That's quite something and I agree. A few people claiming to be victims could be anything, could be disgruntled ex maids or whatsoever, but.... 50? Damn. Thanks again, appreciate it.

Kanye sure is trying to get all the attention for that new album, but it's not even needed. Not at all. There's always plenty of hype surrounding this dude.

Wow really disappointed in Ye right now.

I appreciate his music so much but it's when he does shit like this that it makes you think that maybe all the people that say he's a shitty human being are right.

I'm really hoping he walks this back because it's a serious damper on my view of him.

It's one thing to be sometimes shoulder-deep in your own ass and to make bold claims about yourself, it's another to defend a guy who actually hurt people.

Syntsui

He'd better sell 1 million first week otherwise this was all in vain and exposed him hard.

If it was all for publicity, of course.

hughesta

Banned

I appreciate his music so much but it's when he does shit like this that it makes you think that maybe all the people that say he's a shitty human being are right.

I'm really hoping he walks this back because it's a serious damper on my view of him.

It's one thing to be sometimes shoulder-deep in your own ass and make bold claims about yourself, it's another to defend a guy who actually hurt people.
pretty much exactly how I'm feeling.

It's one thing to be sometimes shoulder-deep in your own ass and make bold claims about yourself, it's another to defend a guy who actually hurt people.

there's no walking this one back though

chaislip3

Yup.

MThanded

It's one thing to be sometimes shoulder-deep in your own ass and to make bold claims about yourself, it's another to defend a guy who actually hurt people.
I completely agree.

This is really shitty. Undoubtedly my favorite artist.

I've defended the guy for a lot of stuff. You can't defend this shit.

MThanded

bruh album drop on Thursday. You are in the booth still. Tweeting like Nothing happened and it's just another Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom