• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

le.phat

Easily one of his best productions, but lyrically fucking trash.

This album seems to suffer from the same symptoms Compton suffered from. Instead of disrupting the game, both Kanye and Dre seem content to produce stuff that's in tune with what's hot today.

The album has a couple of highlights, but in general it feels like a let-down coming from MBDTF and Yeezus. God the lyrics, uuuuuuuuuugh.

Gorillaz

This album seems to suffer from the same symptoms Compton suffered from. Instead of disrupting the game, both Kanye and Dre seem content to produce stuff that's in tune with what's hot today.

The album has a couple of highlights, but in general it feels like a let-down coming from MBDTF and Yeezus. God the lyrics, uuuuuuuuuugh.
Sounds like you dont know the pain of the bleach from a models asshole being on your shirt

It would make you feel like an asshole

Hip Hop

I really don't hear how this album is trying to sound to what is in tune today.

Sonically, it sounds nothing with what's being put out there in Hip-Hop.

Its not in the same breath as Compton

PBY

Banned

Yeah, if there are other albums that sound like this, really need that hookup asap.

Catvoca

Banned

Yeah, show me another recent hip-hop album that has a songs that sound like Ultralight Beams, FML, Fade and Father Stretch My hands. I mean it has elements of Future or Thug but it takes those elements and does something totally different with them.

Kyzer

Banned

Seriously if yeezus has a high bar for lyrics for you we dont live in the same universe. Swaghili? I fuck your hampton spouse? Easily his most uninspired, generic work. Wrought with filler.

If anything the worst parts of TLOP are the things it shares with Yeezus. The sloppy unfinished rushed parts. Uneven recordings, off beat moments,

You know, the things that people will be praising as revolutionary in the OT for his next album when they say TLOP is his best album lmao

The experimental song arrangements are fine by me, but its the sloppiness and the unpolished pace that keep this one from entering my top 5.

Rankings for me today (by number of favorite tracks)*:
MBDTF (8)
Graduation (8)
Late Registration (7)
808s (6-7)
College Dropout (5-6)
The Life of Pablo (5.3 songs or something lol)
Yeezus (4-5)

*: the top 5 are always changing order, but the bottom two are exactly right.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
who was the older poster that was listing to kanye's albums for the first time and sharing his thoughts ?

I would like to read his reviews.

Catvoca

Banned
Lots of leaks popping up right now, and not sure if it's allowed to just drop them in here lol

Let us eat! I don't know, I'd assume it's ok since it's not like piracy, there's no way to buy this stuff. Where are you looking to find these leaks btw?

Koozek

giphy.gif

Nah, b.

Mortemis

Banned
Of all the OG versions we've heard, the only one I like more is OG wolves. All of the others i prefer the album version more.

Since we may be getting a new album version tomorrow, I've taken a break from TLOP and I'm currently going through MBDTF again, how can someone hate this? It's too good.

Probably time for a new thread? OT crowd needs to know.

Do they really?

Izuna

Banned
Lol ok cool. So is it more a production qualm with NMPILA or the verse itself?

Kanye's verses are bad, and the production does nothing for Kendrick. I mean, it just doesn't offer anything to me.

THE HEAD STILL GOOD THO!
THE HEAD STILL GOOD THO!

*shudder*

So I just heard that Travis Scott version of FML and while I like the drums (for a remix take on the record) Travis' parts were rightfully removed. They don't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom