• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd also like to hear a version of Famous without Swizz literally shouting all over the ending. I think that mix of samples would sound even better without him yelling over it.

I'd also like to hear a version of Famous without Swizz literally shouting all over the ending. I think that mix of samples would sound even better without him yelling over it.

I don't know what it is about Swizz but I absolutely love him as a hype man. Normally can't stand any hype man parts on ANY music but I think it works really well on Famous

JTripper

Even though I feel like the track list is a mess just by a simple listen, I feel like thematically it somewhat makes sense with the exception of everything after Wolves feeling like Deluxe Edition bonus tracks.

It's like ULB starts everything off with some sprititual uplifting and Kanye rides this high through the first half of the album without any sense of consequence and just has fun, hence the poor lyrics with hot beats. Then with Freestyle it seems like he takes this to the limit and something snaps. He reflects on himself in a sort of parody with I Love Kanye but then is almost nowhere to be found on Waves. Then all of a sudden becomes thoughtfully dark with FML and Wolves. It's kind of interesting.

I think it's pretty obvious that the album is supposed to come off as some cheap fragmented nonsense by the cover art alone.

Basically with Kanye albums there's always going to be mixed opinions. Whilst I enjoyed Yeezus, I think MBDTF is on a whole other level. Yeezus sort of felt like a fairly concentrated little musical tantrum, full of harshness and aggressive, albeit highly interesting sounds, MBDTF on the other hand feels like a far more layered, epic, grandiose and transgressive experience, that still manages to retain a lot of that dark atmosphere, but offered in a way that literally no other Hip Hop album has achieved.

He is the Kojima of the music industry and his albums are akin to the Metal Gear series. Some Some like the gritty, somewhat-based-in-reality pieces from Yeezus and his earlier works; others take to his Bizarre, futuristic dystopia depicted in 808s and MBDTF. There will never be a consensus on when his peak happened.

Catvoca

Banned
I haven't been paying attention to this thread for a few days... what is going on? I keep reading about leaks.

There's been some leaks of OG versions of album tracks or some discarded demos. Otherwise we're just listening to the album and waiting for hopefully an official release on other platforms with some changes.

Even though I feel like the track list is a mess just by a simple listen, I feel like thematically it somewhat makes sense with the exception of everything after Wolves feeling like Deluxe Edition bonus tracks.

It's like ULB starts everything off with some sprititual uplifting and Kanye rides this high through the first half of the album without any sense of consequence and just has fun, hence the poor lyrics with hot beats. Then with Freestyle it seems like he takes this to the limit and something snaps. He reflects on himself in a sort of parody with I Love Kanye but then is almost nowhere to be found on Waves. Then all of a sudden becomes thoughtfully dark with FML and Wolves. It's kind of interesting.

I think it's pretty obvious that the album is supposed to come off as some cheap fragmented nonsense by the cover art alone.

I've been listening to the album with the tracklist Kanye posted when the album was WAVES, with the 3 acts and the album starting with Famous and ending with ULB and its WAY MORE COHESIVE.

It might have been mentioned here already but it feels like more and more that Famous was supposed to be the opener the whole time, except would be a terrible way to start his MSG event with the Taylor line and all..

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wow, this sounds fantastic. Bon Iver and Dream are absolutely ethereal over this.

Not sure if this has already been posted here.

FML (feat. Travi$ Scott & The Weeknd) - http://www79.zippyshare.com/v/dQFgnrNm/file.html
La Flame and Weeknd sound dope together, maybe this is from one of their sessions together? I say that because this production sounds way more Weeknd-ish than when Ye put his touch on it.

Sounds like something that's suited for a GOOD Fridays track.. and also nowhere close to done.

Okay OG Fade sounds punchier in places.

Beat in the final Waves made a world of difference, damn.

Heysoos

The seething hate that's coming out from the Gofundme thread here on GAF is so weird. You'd think Kanye himself set that up. 😂

PBY

Banned

beSFiXF.png

Ros8105

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kanye/comments/46fjjz/fucking_hot_fresh_leaks_full_zip_of_the_og_tlop/
This zip includes:
The full OG TLOP leaks
(Fade, Fall Out of Heaven, FML, Highlights, New Angels, The Mind Is Powerful, Waves and Wolves)
Mama's Boyfriend
All day RMX Including Kendrick Lamar
OG New God Flow
OG I don't like
School Spirit (Uncensored)
I miss the old kanye (Stefan Ponce Fan Remix)
Only One Fan made edit
Sin City RMX
http://www55.zippyshare.com/v/eRWgjs88/file.html

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can anyone confirm if this version of Sin City is the one with only Travis and Wynter Gordon or is it something else? I've wanted a CDQ version of that forever.

Think he's saying he's on the track just not credited.
Yeah, like maybe he's in a situation where he can't receive credit legally. But he's nowhere to be found on that page.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
LOL! You are not speaking well of Kanye then.
I think he's just saying for Kanye this is normal. For anyone else this is a breakdown. Most fans who stopped caring about his personality don't really whince at this hissy fits he throws anymore because he's been throwing them forever. "Meltdowns" like this give no credence to the Kanye unstable mental health thing that's been coming up recently, because he's always been like this. Just my two cents.

Edit:I thought mamas boyfriend dropped/leaked a long while ago.

x-Lundz-x

Thanks everyone for the kind posts about my impressions, sorry I don't have time to respond to them all.

Anyway, for today. I just finished My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Damn, just damn. Most of you were right I would think it's the best so far. Again nothing but awesome tracks just like 808's.

I'm a believer GAF. Thanks for welcoming me to the party :).

On to Watch the Throne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom