• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
School Spirit uncensored has been out for a long ass time. It was on the remastered version of College Dropout and leaked on the internet long before that even iirc.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
People made up their minds about kanye ever since the whole "i'mma let you finish" thing, and nothing will change that
dumb af but hey, what can you do

No before that. It was the "Bush doesn't care about black people" where things changed.

Wabba

OG Highlights is sooooo gooood! It has to be my favorite track leaked so far, why wasn't this version released. Is it fan made?

mckmas8808

The beginning and ending of MBDTF are great, but that middle section of Monster (ehhhhh), So Appalled (bloated), Devil In A New Dress (yawn), and Runaway (too looooong) pull the album down IMO. Not a fun stretch to listen through.

Yeezus >>>

No disrepect at all to you Net_Wrecker, but it's opinions like this that make speaking about Kanye albums so hard.

You can tell that Kanye has like 3 completely separate type of fans that really jumped on board at different times. For ANYBODY to say that Devil in a New Dress is boring is beyond crazy if you were on board during CD or before. That song has a laid back beat with a great sample. And a classic highway with the windows down flow from both Kanye and Rick Ross.

And to shrug at Monster is unthinkable to people like me and my friends. It's the verse that put Nicki on the map (as far as how good she can be lyrically against other hip hop heavy weights). It's aggressive, different, and thematic.

But I have learned to accept opinions like this, because we all jumped on the Kanye train at different stops and that really has a strong effect on which songs and albums people like.

with the life of pablo 'never appearing on itunes' etc. do you think the finished release will come hnder a different name tomorrow?
and more interesting is that the verge review called it a work in progress album? pretty much proof that this isn't finished right?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kanye/comments/46fhqk/all_180216_leaks/d04qhwo

[–]obamawhew 13 points 39 minutes ago*

Just in case anyone is wondering where all these leaks came from...

All of these leaks originated from a forum I won't name. I don't know how they got them but they've had them since the beginning of February. They leaked a snippet of OG Famous with tags promoting their website all over it. Kanye's team does not support this website and figured that if these tracks were going to leak then it's better they leak in CDQ instead of with tags of a website using Ye's unfinished music to promote themselves. People on that forum had been selling these Ye tracks for at least a week and they were being passed around so the leak was inevitable. This one folder (https://i.imgur.com/y3YdNqq.png
) was going for $300-400. Kanye's camp gave the go ahead to a KTT member named itsFreaks to leak the rest of these tracks and end the madness.

mckmas8808

Thanks everyone for the kind posts about my impressions, sorry I don't have time to respond to them all.

Anyway, for today. I just finished My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Damn, just damn. Most of you were right I would think it's the best so far. Again nothing but awesome tracks just like 808's.

I'm a believer GAF. Thanks for welcoming me to the party :).

On to Watch the Throne.

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. :)

Mortemis

Banned
Thanks everyone for the kind posts about my impressions, sorry I don't have time to respond to them all.

Anyway, for today. I just finished My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Damn, just damn. Most of you were right I would think it's the best so far. Again nothing but awesome tracks just like 808's.

On to Watch the Throne.

Keeping up with your posts as you go through Ye's discography is probably the highlight of this thread for me.

Glad you enjoyed MBDTF, my tastes and yours in Yeezy albums are really similar.

Mortemis

Banned
this All Day remix... LAWD

GMxuz.png
GMxuz.png
GMxuz.png

beSFiXF.png
beSFiXF.png
beSFiXF.png

Ashhong

KTT says the album drops on iTunes tonight at 11 ET/10 CT.

fuuuuuuuu

If Popular leaks, I'll die a happy man.

That beat..

Fan made recreation of the beat might be the best we'll get though.

FUUUUUUUU ive been wishing for this for so long

School Spirit uncensored has been out for a long ass time. It was on the remastered version of College Dropout and leaked on the internet long before that even iirc.

What is the "remastered version"?????

On to Watch the Throne.

OT2: Can U Be caught up Lundz?

Totally agree with others. Truly enjoying you going through the discography for the first time.

Dear Ye's camp...leak God Level pls. Thanks.

I don't think that the Kendrick part is an actual remix
I've always thought of it as a reference track since kendrick is credited as a writer and kanye uses some of the lines from his verse on the official version
It's still the better than the original tho lol
this is my favourite version of all day though, back when it first leaked and some dude remade the song

Yes! I was looking for this version. Someone put up a REALLY clean/more complete version on Youtube but I can't find it to save all that lexapro Ye threw away.

PBY

Banned

Ashhong

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/19/a...s-not-for-sale.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur
But a source close to Mr. West, who was not authorized to speak publicly about the album’s release, said that there is a plan — including talk of a deluxe physical edition — in the works, although the source could not confirm the timeline, citing Mr. West’s creative process.

DELUXE physical? Welp, guess I'm not buying anything until I'm 100% sure

Here's praying for a deluxe cover art too. The deluxe 808s art GOAT

Anth0ny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom