• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortemis

Banned
Album FML >>>>>>>>>>> OG FML. Not even close, though I do like Travis' part, not nearly as much as the weeknd's though

I like OG Fade's deeper, punchier bass more

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Made a summary of changes I noticed, and of the new songs. Might be useful for people at work or on the fence about downloading. Either way, I think it's neat:

All Day Remix
- Sample at the start, quieter/more subdued intro by Theo London
- Kendrick has a verse on there, but it's just a reference for Ye's final verse which is much more coherent and listenable. Some might prefer it but the start of the verse isn't that great IMO.
- Extra drums and almost dubstep-esque breakdown after Kendrick's verse
- Ye verse is mostly the same, but it's a different recording
- Extended/clearer/less distorted outro by what sounds like Justin Vernon

Mama's Boyfriend
- Same song as old leak
- Negligibly shorter
- Poorer quality

Sin City (RMX)
- Not really a remix, it's just Malik Yusuf's extended vocals/poetry (because it's mostly struggle rhymes/flow) unaltered. It gets better closer to the end (Ye should have used that bit in the final) but TBH it's so grating I deleted it instantly.

Waves [OG]
- Beat is quieter, cuts out in places
- Rough Ye vocals that are placeholders, incomplete verses (same one repeats)
- "CHECKMATE" sample at the end

New Angels
- Completely new song
- Rough, incomplete Ye vocals, mostly autotuned
- Heavy rock inspiration for the production

My Mind is Powerful
- AUTOMATIC TOIIIIIIIILET
- A bit more fruity of a beat, sounds like something Pharrell would produce
- Ye's stuff is mostly just a placeholder for flows, almost entirely mumbling throughout

Fade [OG]
- Drums mixed differently, bassier, punchier, the buildup in general is a bit more powerful

I Miss The Old Kanye
- Exact same vocals over a SUPER soulful instrumental, lawd. I'm guessing they couldn't clear it?

Only One (Edit)
- Basically someone on KTT took the Caroline Shaw vocals from the game trailer and added them to either the original or some incomplete vocals? Forget if the mumbling was in the original, lol

Highlights
- Overall less bounce, groovier, not nearly as punchy as the final version with it's drums
- Really nice sample in the middle of it, overall the song has a lot more going on than the final, things cut in and out more
- More Thugger vocal overlays, no full verse though like people said?
- Rough, unfinished vocals, Ye got an extra verse there that's pretty good

FML
- Ye intro is much shorter
- Drums are different, less bassy
- La Flame takes over one hook, does some autotuned ad libs
- Longer outro that some people might like

Fall Out Of Heaven (Demo)
- Completely new song but parts of the verses were reused in Famous
- Super incomplete verses that are mostly just flows and sounds, but The-Dream and Justin Vernon vocals seem complete and sound pretty damn good against the beat, including Justin Vernon's outro
- WOKE UP MY DICK CROOKED AS THE NIKE SIGN

Wolves [OG]
- Frank Ocean verse at the start
- No crummy Ye verse
- Outro on Sia's verse that sounds like a futuristic scooter driving away
- Extended instrumental outro

I Don't Like
- Extended Pusha verse from the remix he put on SoundCloud shortly after it's release
- Different Ye, Sean vocals but same verses
- IMO just sounds unfinished if you compare it to the KTT edit from way back with the extended Pusha verse edited into the final version

New God Flow
- Different ad libs, seemingly the same vocals
- Outro from the original version with Ghostface's verse from the final added before it

- - -

IMO Highlights, I Miss The Old Kanye, Fade and maaaaaaaaaaaaybe Fall Out of Heaven/FML are the only keepers here. Overall, this stuff is way too rough, and I say that bumping an entire mixtape of incomplete La Flame songs pretty regularly.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Screw God Level

We need Can U Be :(

So I've avoided listening to almost everything TLOP until Kanye allows me to buy it first.

But should I just say screw it and download that OG drop from a couple pages ago? Will it ruin the real album experience in you guy's opinion?

Made a summary of changes I noticed, and of the new songs. Might be useful for people at work or on the fence about downloading. Either way, I think it's neat:

I appreciate you.

You loyal.

Honestly appreciate it I'm in the group of people at work that cannot download.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So I've avoided listening to almost everything TLOP until Kanye allows me to buy it first.

But should I just say screw it and download that OG drop from a couple pages ago? Will it ruin the real album experience in you guy's opinion?

It will probably make you appreciate the album more. Those OG tracks are rough as hell for the most part. Turns out Kanye is a good producer and knows what to cut. Who'd of thunk?

Ashhong

Damn, why was Mama's Boyfriend never released officially in an album or something? This is amazing. Belongs somewhere in the original trilogy

coming from someone who's been listening to TLOP almost non-stop, I probably wouldn't jump into the OG versions first

Since we don't know what the real album experience will be or if it'll even be different, couldnt say.

But from my experience, I've been listening to the album given (18 tracks) and the same songs in different order (12 tracks) and I'm enjoying both immensely.

Damn, why was Mama's Boyfriend never released officially in an album or something? This is amazing. Belongs somewhere in the original trilogy

I'm a huge Billy Joel fan, so the first time I heard this I was floored. Wondering as well why this wasn't ever released officially.

Catvoca

Banned
I hope the album's "out" by tomorrow morning, I'm not going to be home most of tomorrow and i have a really shitty day ahead. I could use the full version of TLOP to help me through it Yeezy, please feed me
beSFiXF.png

Ashhong

It's a fan remix.

Wheres the soul sample from?

Man, Kanye should hear this and realize the error of his ways and use it

If this leak really was sanctioned by Kanye's camp, then that means he should be aware of this remix..as well as the others like Only One

Mortemis

Banned
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/19/a...s-not-for-sale.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur
But a source close to Mr. West, who was not authorized to speak publicly about the album’s release, said that there is a plan — including talk of a deluxe physical edition — in the works, although the source could not confirm the timeline, citing Mr. West’s creative process.

There's gonna be a deluxe edition?!?!

Y'all think they're gonna cut down the number of tracks on the regular album for the upcoming release?

Ashhong

There's gonna be a deluxe edition?!?!

Y'all think they're gonna cut down the number of tracks on the regular album for the upcoming release?

Possible..but the og tracklist is pretty short..I think someone posted a rumor about a version having 20+ tracks

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm a huge Billy Joel fan, so the first time I heard this I was floored. Wondering as well why this wasn't ever released officially.

It was supposed to be on MBDTF, then it leaked. Ye was furious, going as far as putting out a statement and threatening legal action:

"The version of the Kanye West recording "Mama's Boy" that arrived on blog sites earlier this week is entirely bogus and unsanctioned, and violates the artist's creative intentions. As is often the unfortunate case, an unknown party or parties got a hold of Kanye West's vocal track and added their own soundbed to it, effectively and falsely releasing it as a Kanye West track from the My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy sessions. The result in no way resembles the final song Kanye West intended his fans to hear, and he is deeply disappointed that one of the most personal, meaningful and special songs he has ever written would reach people in this way. Needless to say, measures are being taken to identify and prosecute the persons responsible for leaking this material."

There are multiple versions of the song produced by different people too, IIRC. One even features Soulja Boy (I'm guessing on production).

Don't expect him to ever release it after that.

Servbot24

Banned
I think I'm just going to embrace that this is a make-your-own-album experience. I wonder how much of the rollout was planned like this.

Ashhong

It was supposed to be on MBDTF, then it leaked. Ye was furious, going as far as putting out a statement and threatening legal action:

There are multiple versions of the song produced by different people too, IIRC. One even features Soulja Boy (I'm guessing on production).

Don't expect him to ever release it after that.

Damn, that's kinda fucked up. I say that as I'm enjoying these leaks..but damn. For a song like Mama's Boyfriend I can see why he would be pissed.

Album Waves >>>>>>>>> OG. The way the beat kicks in in the album version is too perfect

Ephemeris

Wait, we still eatin?????

Oh lord it's like I copped the Pablo Season Pass. All this content.

Wait

Wait

tumblr_inline_nr6qsb8Qia1qd1cxe_540.png

Did the beat just switch up on this All day Remix?

EJJBfDj.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom