• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

Honestly I feel like we'd all be like that if we were in his position. Just yesterday I went out to the grocery store and to shop for other home necessities at a few different places and had several pleasant conversations with different folks at each store.

If it had been a different day though, I might not have felt like talking to a single soul & just felt like getting my shit & getting out of the store as soon as possible.

I can only imagine going through days like that as a celebrity, when anytime you step outside dozens of people crowd around you screaming your name, asking for pictures/autographs & paparazzi attempt to act like they care for your well-being by telling corny jokes.
Word.

Catvoca

Banned
What's everyone's favourites off of the album so far?

Mines easily FML

Facts is decent too

Ultralight Beam followed by Feedback. I can't listen to Feedback without grooving along with it and screaming HANDS UP WE JUST DOIN WHAT THE COPS TAUGHT US and I BEEN OUTTA MY MIND A LONG TIME.

Waves, Fade, FSMH 1 + 2, FML, ULB are God dream tier

I like every song except for Lowlights, which is more like an interlude.

Starting to come around to Feedback. Shit crushes it at the gym. WAKE UP

Furyous

What's everyone's favourites off of the album so far?

Mines easily FML

Facts is decent too

ULB feels like going into space with an Iron Man suit.
3rd verse of No More Parties in LA
OG version of Wolves
Waves (both standard and OG version)
Famous
I love Kanye

I really love the whole album.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
ULB, Waves, FML, Real Friends, and Wolves (a couple different versions) have the most plays.

Going off of what we got and excluding the bonus tracks, my favorite songs are literally all of them except for Wolves(OG is the shit) and Lowlights. I'm atheist and it's fucking annoying having to listen to 2 minutes of preaching...for nothing. I adore Jesus Walks and I think it's one of his top 10 songs
(this is the atheist version of "I have a black friend")
. It sets the mood for a track that doesn't exist. I mean it feels like we're going into Kanye's spirituality, but really we're getting a setup for a goPro strapped onto his dick.

The fuck is that lol

PSY・S;195819467 said:
doo, doo, doo doo

Low Lights is always welcome on my playlist

And yet I fucking love that synth too. Goddamn it Ye.

Kaizer

Banned
Favorite Five Tracks:

Waves, FML, Real Friends, Fade & Ultralight Beam

I'm excluding Wolves until the I hear whatever the final version sounds like, but the one from yesterday with Frank Ocean as the intro & Vic & Sia back on it easily tops anything else on the album for me.

Septic360

Banned
I dunno what to think of this album. It's just messy and all over the place. If a video could sum up the album it would be this:

https://youtu.be/WXQCo9fLYWI

It's got some amazing beats and Kanye has some rare instances of good flow but it's like this album is one big perfume ad.

I'll carry on listening though

Catvoca

Banned
I'm going to bed and when I wake up I know I'll have the shiny new version of TLOP waiting for me on Spotify
Get my L ready gaf

Ran rp

Man, ye's corny verse ruined Highlights. It could've been this season's Street Lights but nope, let's rap about Ray J's boring ass. I mean, I still love the song for the most part but I can't help but be disappointed.

Edit: Same goes for Freestyle 4.

and FSMH1... sigh

BraXzy

I'm ready to get a big serving of L. I'm repping it on my car. No lie.

F430L-5764.0.html.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom