• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

x-Lundz-x

Lundz I don't know if its been mentioned, but Kanye produced most of Common's album 'Be' and that stuff is really good.

Check it out if you can.

Not yet but I certainly will check it out! Thank you. Also someone else earlier mentioned Cruel Summer? Is that right?

Welcome to the church of yeezus
Now you gotta find some of his less well known songs (look for the fan made good Friday album. Back during the road to MBDTF release he put out like 20 songs a bunch of weekends that year. It's technically not pirating since he gave them out for free, but I digress) and definitely definitely check out his music videos. A lot of them are awesome.

Awesome I'll look for those, and thanks!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Stronger live with the cameo from Daft Punk got me more hyped than any performance I think I've seen

Mdot

Kanye came to play Rutgersfest in 2004 right after CD dropped and it was insane. Dude wasn't super well known at the time but hungry as fuck. Performed it in its entirety with John Legend. I stood right in front of the stage and it was amazing.

There's a re-up on the reddit link.

Thanks man. So these leaks are basically what the songs used to be until they ended up TLOP? Except of course for the tracks that were never meant for TLOP.

All Day Remix is dope, too bad they did not add his second verse though. But Kendrick is dope on it. Have we any idea in what way Kanye is changing the album as we speak?

Red_Man

Almost at 1 million views and onto the second OT

Holy fuck
Yeezus just rose again

tumblr_nnowvxf3zD1u556ybo1_500.gif

He worded it weird. He's not in debt we've got tmz speaking with his camp saying that's just how much personal money he's invested in his ventures and he's also said this while papps were blinding him with cameras and asking questions.

I know that, we know that. But the press ain't reporting that. They are shitting on him and reporting on the go fund me bs. That's my whole point. People just need an excuse when it comes to Kanye.

Not yet but I certainly will check it out! Thank you. Also someone else earlier mentioned Cruel Summer? Is that right?

Cruel summer is meh but Watch the throne is AMAZING. It helped me when I was going through some serious shit in my life. I hope you watched the MBDTF short.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Greatest Ye performances IMO:

Coachella 2011
Hey Mama @ The Grammies
Stronger @ The Grammies
Black Skinheads @ SNL
All Day @ The Brit Awards

I've been looking for good video of Coachella 2011 but can't seem to find any. Do you know one?

x-Lundz-x

Red_Man

I emailed Tidal about how they charged my CC $20 and I never received the album, they sent me the same email that's been posted in here about the album being released this week and they're going to send me an email code to download it once it's available.

m23

If he doesn't go on tour for this album I will cry. I've seen him twice so far and both times were godly. He goes all out with his performances and sets so I can't wait to see what he does with this album.

SeroTyler

First one to talk gets to stay on the aircraft!
The first half of Cruel Summer is legitimately amazing, it just happens to turn into a dumpster fire after that.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
If he doesn't go on tour for this album I will cry. I've seen him twice so far and both times were godly. He goes all out with his performances and sets so I can't wait to see what he does with this album.

Just thinking about what he will do for a live performance of Ultralight Beam melts my mind.

fauxtrot

Banned
I remember seeing Kanye with Consequence and Young Gunz (lol) in San Francisco and it was like half full, but it was a pretty big venue for someone who didn't even have an album out until a few weeks before the concert date. This was 2004, I think? College Dropout wasn't even a month old if I remember correctly.

Not gonna lie, he was pretty nervous but still killed it.

So.... after several more listens I'm just wondering exactly WHY people are so incredibly hyped up about for example Fade or even Wolves. I am sorry but Fade is boring as hell to me, I don't even consider that rap. Don't attack me please, we all have different opinions. Wolves, production great, nothing to complain about there. But in terms of lyrics, it really isn't much more than just Kanye repeating the same line over and over again. Again I am going to say that I would have LOVED some actual rapping on this. I am sure people are going to disagree and say this is how it should be, but then this is simply not the Kanye music I want. But it is what it is. Even the version with Sia, she's saying exactly what he says, it would have been dope as hell if there had been a verse between those repeated Lines. This is clearly going to stay my biggest gripe with the album, too few verses. This is why I loved MBDTF so much, it had tons of rapping and was just fantastic all around.

m23

So.... after several more listens I'm just wondering exactly WHY people are so incredibly hyped up about for example Fade or even Wolves. I am sorry but Fade is boring as hell to me, I don't even consider that rap. Don't attack me please, we all have different opinions. Wolves, production great, nothing to complain about there. But in terms of lyrics, it really isn't much more than just Kanye repeating the same line over and over again. Again I am going to say that I would have LOVED some actual rapping on this. I am sure people are going to disagree and say this is how it should be, but then this is simply not the Kanye music I want. But it is what it is. Even the version with Sia, she's saying exactly what he says, it would have been dope as hell if there had been a verse between those repeated Lines. This is clearly going to stay my biggest gripe with the album, too few verses. This is why I loved MBDTF so much, it had tons of rapping and was just fantastic all around.

I guess if you take it as a rap album, it won't do much for you. I love rap but at the same I take the album for what it is, not a rap album. I would have loved more verses though.

lmao dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom