• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catvoca

Banned
There are like at least 5 songs on TLOP better than Ultralight Beam. I can't vibe with that being so high on the list at all.

i just love it, I think it's really powerful, incredibly catchy and has a GOAT Chance verse. I've listened to it too many times to count since the album came out and it hasn't lost any of it's impact on me.

Playing the album for my mom while we're driving lol

Did she like the bleached asshole line?

Catvoca

Banned
PSY・S;196047728 said:
ULB in the top 5 almost makes up for Runaway being in the top 25.

And you always find, and you always find something wrong
That beat is the GOAT

You guys can't be serious putting Street Lights #1. Like....it's cool, but not that cool.

Don't know what to say other then I think that song is perfection, and I really connect with it.

BraXzy

That Taylor Swift gif is begging for some laser eyes lol, and if you stuck a photo of Kanye below that'd be perfect.

You deserve a W my friend.

ZcTJE2h.gif

Catvoca

Banned
y'all have solid top 25s. i probably couldn't do a top 25. top 5-10, maybe. but 25 would be hard. :(

As I said, if you asked me tomorrow like half my list would probably be completely different, this was sort of thrown together. Was fun regardless, it's remarkable going through his discography how few bad tracks he has.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
My top ten in no particular order

Blood on the leaves
FML
Hold my liquor
The glory
Spaceships
never let me down
OG diamonds
Streetlights
OG welcome to heartbreak
Black Skinhead

Lol this is funny cause I like MBDTF. If I could do at top 12 it'd include lost in the world and maaaaybe blame game.

IndustryX

My top ten in no particular order

Blood on the leaves
FML
Hold my liquor
The glory
Spaceships
never let me down
OG diamonds
Streetlights
OG welcome to heartbreak
Black Skinhead

Lol this is funny cause I like MBDTF. If I could do at top 12 it'd include lost in the world and maaaaybe blame game.

Yeah, are tastes are similar *daps*

j-wood

Well fam, tlop has been on tidal for a week tonight. Do we finally get a W or do we top this week with the biggest L of all?

Is there a legal way to listen to this without a tidal account? I want to cancel my free subscription before I forget but I'd like to continue listening to the album on my phone.

Catvoca

Banned
Is there a legal way to listen to this without a tidal account? I want to cancel my free subscription before I forget but I'd like to continue listening to the album on my phone.

No, but you can cancel your account and keep listening until your free trial runs out.

1. Devil in a New Dress (GOOD Music version)
2. Gone
3. Addiction
4. Real Friends
5. Blood on the Leaves
6. Coldest Winter
7. Say You Will
8. Slow Jamz
9. Hold My Liquor
10. Spaceship
11. Heard 'Em Say
12. New Slaves
13. Touch the Sky
14. Everything I Am
15. Love Lockdown
16. I'm In It
17. We Major
18. Late
19. Good Morning
20. Welcome to Heartbreak
21. Hey Mama
22. I Wonder
23. Through the Wire
24. Only his verse from Run This Town
25. Flashing Lights

ftfy

ThisGuy

Tlop > mbdtf >= yeezus

I pretty much like everything about tlop. It didn't need to grow on me like some the of the yeezus tracks and it sounds better/cleaner than mbdtf I think.

From the cover, the name, the hints of experiments. (Which is new to me, any more albums similar to the beats on this?)

Hit all chest, no legs.

How many versions of wolves is there? I like the one first released on tlop though.

DiddyBop

I'm really glad people are opening up to Yeezus now. It was such an extreme departure from his usual stuff but it may be his tightest, most cohesive album yet with no filler.

What really got me was in the open ring track On Sight there is some sample where they sing "you'll give us what we need, it may not be what we want". sums up Yeezus perfectly and sets the tone for the entire album. Brilliant stuff

1. Runaway
2. Street Lights
3. Gone
4. Devil in a New Dress
5. Hold My Liquor
6. Flashing Lights
7. Spaceship
8. Blood on the Leaves
9. All Falls Down
10. Drive Slow
11. New Slaves
12. Gorgeous
13. We Major
14. Touch the Sky
15. Diamonds from Sierra Leone (original)
17. FML
18. Welcome to Heartbreak
19. Heard 'Em Say
20. Addiction
21. Late
22. Black Skinhead
23. Real Friends
24. Can't Tell Me Nothing
25. Dark Fantasy

If I love Kanye's music, what other artists should I take a look at?

Any oldies I might be missing out?

I'll look into Outkast "Aquemini". All these years and I'm getting into hiphop.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If I love Kanye's music, what other artists should I take a look at?

Any oldies I might be missing out?

I'll look into Outkast "Aquemini". All these years and I'm getting into hiphop.
Kanye is his own thing and imitation acts don't fare well with respect to him, but I think it's best to look at those who influenced him and those that took his style and diverged from it.

A Tribe Called Quest
Lupe Fiasco
KiD CuDi
Drake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom