• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
VNywDtv.gif

The wait is getting to me...

Brinbe

Just saw they'll be livestreaming the Yeezy MSG event on Tidal. Fuck yea, time to hop on that free trial and cancel after. ^_^

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Today's the day boys. After all these years. We're just a few hours away from Wolves CDQ. What a beautiful day.

I know it's quality > quantity, but damn...only 10 tracks. I for one was really happy to hear when another one was added and even more happy when it seemed to be 12 songs. Ah well.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
not to go full KTT but

i had a dream that this album turned out to be complete dog shit lmao

I always expect every new Kanye album to suck. Like I have this feeling deep in my bones that it's gonna be horrible. And then it usually turns out to be awesome.

This is no different, got the feeling this is gonna be real bad. Can't wait!

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
not to go full KTT but

i had a dream that this album turned out to be complete dog shit lmao

way too many positive impressions for that to happen imo.
But I can see it losing heat after the first few listens.

Catvoca

Banned
I just hope he put some more time into his lyrics. I know you don't come to him for great raps, but they were so bad on Yeezus that I found them pretty off-putting. You could tell they were rushed.

Kaizer

Banned
I know it's quality > quantity, but damn...only 10 tracks. I for one was really happy to hear when another one was added and even more happy when it seemed to be 12 songs. Ah well.

I know how u feel, but hopefully with only 10 tracks we get a nice clear & concise album that's trimmed the fat of songs that could be potentially sucky.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Didnt get Yeezus at all, MBF was great, hope there are more songs like Street lights but thats doubtful, less shouting more melody.

Confession....I've never listened to 808s. Should I? I really like Kanye but I'm not sure why I didn't listen to it. I think I was at my first semester of college and thought "wtf is this autotune shit"

Confession....I've never listened to 808s. Should I? I really like Kanye but I'm not sure why I didn't listen to it. I think I was at my first semester of college and thought "wtf is this autotune shit"

I didn't like it at first but its definitely a grower. My second favorite Ye album now.

Syntsui

Yes. It's a work of art and inspired the likes of Drake to have a career.

double jump

yes, why would you ask this ? yes.

NotLiquid

It fills a certain niche. If you like Kanye's more mellow tunes I think you'll like it.

skeptical.gif

Yes go listen. Has one of my personal favorites in street lights, and some other good stuff. Kinda wanna listen again soon now

Hanmik

Batman vs. Superman trailer--- Quantum Break previews --- Gravitational waves --- Yosp has a birthday... and still no Sign of Kanye Wests new album... what a day to be bored at work.

Kaizer

Banned

Bruhhhhh, go listen to Street Lights right now - one of my favorite Kanye West songs ever. Those taiko drums on Amazing tho >>>>>>>

Brinbe

What teh fuck? Yes, do it. If you've ever been through a breakup, it's the absolute perfect thing to listen to. It's kinda the album that really makes the case for Ye as a true artist.

And as others have said, I have a bad feeling that TLOP is gonna be a disappointment. Would love to be wrong but this is such a rushed process trying to meet this deadline today and I don't feel as if we're gonna get his best here.

Guess we'll see in a few hours.

double jump

Bruhhhhh, go listen to Street Lights right now - one of my favorite Kanye West songs ever. Those taiko drums on Amazing tho >>>>>>>

Street Lights is probably kanye's most beautiful song. legit come close to tears listening to it.

skeptical.gif

Yes go listen. Has one of my personal favorites in street lights, and some other good stuff. Kinda wanna listen again soon now

street lights ;_;

Street Lights is his best song. Followed by Gone.

Damn, it's rare for me to agree so wholeheartedly with someone. Those two would be in my top five for certain. No one ever talks about how great Gone is :(. Or, by no one I mean none of my irl friends

Catvoca

Banned
What teh fuck? Yes, do it. If you've ever been through a breakup, it's the absolute perfect thing to listen to. It's kinda the album that really makes the case for Ye as a true artist.

And as others have said, I have a bad feeling that TLOP is gonna be a disappointment. Would love to be wrong but this is such a rushed process trying to meet this deadline today and I don't feel as if we're gonna get his best here.

Guess we'll see in a few hours.

Yeezus was just as rushed if not more so, so if you like that I wouldn't be too worried
I really hope I like it more then Yeezus

Also, best 808's song is Say You Will, followed by maybe Paranoid? That whole album doesn't have a bad track really, it's second only to MBDTF for me and they are very close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom