• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Can you buy Yeezy's online or is it only in store?

I think adidas.com might be selling some but the page will likely crash as soon as they go live and only people with bots will get their hands on them.

you're better off showing up to a footlocker 12 hours before opening. with a shank for self defense.

Also, best 808's song is Say You Will, followed by maybe Paranoid? That whole album doesn't have a bad track really, it's second only to MBDTF for me and they are very close.

Welcome to Heartbreak and See You In My Nightmares are my favorites. Coldest Winter, too.

Kid Cudi should just sing hooks from now on if his albums are going to be booty.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
2009 cudi
mjcry1.png

Anth0ny

Welcome to Heartbreak and See You In My Nightmares are my favorites. Coldest Winter, too.

Kid Cudi should just sing hooks from now on if his albums are going to be booty.

for real. his shit on every kanye album is fire.

808s has grown on me over time. Great album. Welcome to Heartbreak is sooooooo good.

his daughter got a new report card
all I got is a brand new sports car

dad made a joke and kids laughed
couldn't hear em all the way from first class

Brinbe

Yeezus was just as rushed if not more so, so if you like that I wouldn't be too worried
I really hope I like it more then Yeezus

Also, best 808's song is Say You Will, followed by maybe Paranoid? That whole album doesn't have a bad track really, it's second only to MBDTF for me and they are very close.
That's exactly why I'm worried . And even then, at least with Yeezus he had his singles and an overall style/theme nailed down by then with New Slaves/Black Skinhead/etc. He prepared us for what he was going for with that even if he rushed his lyrics as usual. With TLOP, we've had a multitude of title changes, so many different things said and who knows what the fuck we're getting in five hours?

Not to say there's anything wrong with working under pressure, that's how I am too (though that's as an avid procrastinator) but I feel like his best work has come when he's nailed shit down and refined it over a billion times over. Instead of now where he's recording new songs and changing the tracklisting days before it releases.

Anyway, personal fave 808 songs right now are prob Street Lights, Coldest Winter, Heartless but hard to go wrong with any of it (except maybe Amazing, which imo doesn't really fit as well). It's magnificent and perfect to listen to right now probably.

j-wood

for real. his shit on every kanye album is fire.

808s has grown on me over time. Great album. Welcome to Heartbreak is sooooooo good.

He said his daughter got a brand new report card, and all I got was a brand new sports car.

Just the good life my whole life lonnnng. Look back on my life and my life gone, where did i go wrong?

EDIT: dammit, beaten.

EDIT2: I wonder if this album is just going to be all over the place, like a Picasso painting (and hence the name of the album).

breakfuss

Just went and listened to Street Lights... hell nah lolol im not feeling it. I do appreciate 808s more now than I did at the time of release though.

FZZ

Banned

Fevaweva

The amount of hype for this album, along with Kanye going ham on twitter to drum up said hype, has made me think this album may be disappointing.

It is the video-game thing where the more advertising a game gets the more mediocre it will be, within reason.

j-wood

u fam too don't worry

Didn't you know I was waitin on you, waitin on a dream that'll never come true?

Let me ask you, how long have you known dude, you played it off and act like he's brand new. When'd you decide to break the rules? Cause i just heard some real bad news.

NotLiquid

The amount of hype for this album, along with Kanye going ham on twitter to drum up said hype, has made me think this album may be disappointing.

It is the video-game thing where the more advertising a game gets the more mediocre it will be, within reason.

This album feels like it has significantly less marketing than most albums would. It's being dropped today at a nebulous time to little fanfare other than Kanye tweets and hell it seems like up until yesterday he wasn't even done with it.

It feels more like anti-marketing.

PBY

Banned
Haha, thanks.

People weren't really expecting this to come out "on time" or early, right?

"On time" would be immediately after the show, it makes no sense to drop it before then.

That said, I give it about a 10% chance of actually dropping right after.

To be fair, every Kanye release these days is like this. MBDTF had some classic troll moments and GOOD Fridays leading up to it. Kanye was just as crazy in the Yeezus era as this one. He gets hype, we get hype. It's just how that shit go.

Love Lockdown does deserve some credit tho. When that shit dropped it blew my fucking mind. Still sounds fresh as hell today. Drake's made a career out of that song and Heartless.

All this talk of the best songs on 808s & Heartbreak, and not a mention of Love Lockdown?

Top three songs on that album are Love Lockdown, Street Lights, and See You In My Nightmares.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
808's is good. I slept on it for way too long after it came out. But it's up there. My least favorite is Yeezus, even though I still think it's a good album. It just sounds a little too harsh all the way through for me to really get into it.

808's is good. I slept on it for way too long after it came out. But it's up there. My least favorite is Yeezus, even though I still think it's a good album. It just sounds a little too harsh all the way through for me to really get into it.
That's what I love about it. The fact that he can make harsh electronic noise into music with On Sight shows me how he sees music differently than everyone. Goooddd, when that beat kicks in. I had the biggest smile on my face the first time.

Catvoca

Banned
That's what I love about it. The fact that he can make harsh electronic noise into music with On Sight shows me how he sees music differently than everyone. Goooddd, when that beat kicks in. I had the biggest smile on my face the first time.

The album peaks with that beat switch in On Sight. It's all downhill from there.
Only half joking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom