• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
2009 cudi
mjcry1.png
Dat Kid From Cleveland
:eek:bama whew:

And Street Lights is the penultimate of 808's for me.

Besides Fade, most excited for High Lights. Every Lights song he makes is incredible.

Biggest regret in my life is that he didn't play Flashing Lights when I saw him. That's in my top 3 Ye songs.

NotLiquid

Sonically speaking Yeezus is fantastic but in terms of lyrical content I really don't care for it - or rather I don't care for the level of self-indulgence Kanye has embraced. It did introduce me to Gesaffelstein though and Hold My Liquor is fucking fantastic. On Sight and I Am A God ain't bad either, the former is a daring opener.

Anyway, personal fave 808 songs right now are prob Street Lights, Coldest Winter, Heartless but hard to go wrong with any of it (except maybe Amazing, which imo doesn't really fit as well). It's magnificent and perfect to listen to right now probably.

I think Jeezy's energy just doesn't fit, the song itself is fine.

Counting down the hours until we get to listen in all it's glory.

Funny enough I actually guessed the album title while joking around with my brother. After going through a hundred tweets and seeing a lot of guesses starting with "The Life Of..." we joked about it being The Life of Pablo.

Pablo being Pablo Sanchez of the Backyard Sports games. We laughed and moved on totally dismissing it. Really like how he's drawing comparisons to Picasso, Escobar, Neruda.

Extremely pumped for the album.

Yeah I didn't like 808s when it landed but that album is magnificent.

Didn't Kanye turn out that album rather quickly?

Felt the exact same way about Yeezus. Wasn't ready for how different it sounded. Absolutely adore it. 808s clicked with me immediately and it's always been in heavy rotation since.

That's what I love about it. The fact that he can make harsh electronic noise into music with On Sight shows me how he sees music differently than everyone. Goooddd, when that beat kicks in. I had the biggest smile on my face the first time.
Only in Rap, because if you listen to EDM it ain't nothing out of the ordinary yet still good

release date is now 2/12

so probably whenever iTunes updates tonight

I'll be late for that, baby I'll wait for that
If you had a taste of that, you'd probably pay for that
I'm comin in when I feel like
To turn this muh'fucker up only if it feels right
I'll be late for that, I can't wait for that
I think I was made for that
So I'm comin in when I feel like
To turn this muh'fucker up only if it feels right

EDM is not music.
Fuck out of here with that shit and ya stereotypes

The 808s thread on GAF was great. I loved some of the leaked tracks better than the studio versions. I listened to the synth version of Welcome to Heartbreak for the longest time before finally giving into the album version. They give off different vibes though. Piano sounds sadder.

Only in Rap, because if you listen to EDM it ain't nothing out of the ordinary yet still good
imo EDM is a lot more instantly approachable than On Sight is on first listen. But I get what you're saying. I'm more trip-hop and stuff like Jamie xx than straight EDM when it comes to the electronic music scale. :]

Anth0ny

as long as it's out at midnight tonight, we good

and they're streaming the album during the stream, right? it's not just going to be the fashion stuff?

imo EDM is a lot more instantly approachable than On Sight is on first listen. But I get what you're saying. I'm more trip-hop and stuff like Jamie xx than straight EDM when it comes to the electronic music scale. :]
The open face of EDM is approachable but the genre is far to broad and a lot of sub-genres will always be below the surface

Shlohmo will make something like this then switch up to this or this trap-ish nonsense because they weave in and out of all the EDM genres whenever they fill like

Welcome to Heartbreak is fantastic. Absolutely love the production there. I do believe though that if he had toned down with the autotune on that cd it could have been an even better album. Or maybe not.

Anyway, is there a direct link to the Kanye stream?

That's what I love about it. The fact that he can make harsh electronic noise into music with On Sight shows me how he sees music differently than everyone. Goooddd, when that beat kicks in. I had the biggest smile on my face the first time.

Fact of the matter is, Kanye and Daft Punk always without a doubt create the dopest shit together, and it saddens me we'll never get a full EP of stuff they collaborated on.

God when those TNGHT drums kick in on Blood on The Leaves, they just sound so filthy and distorted I love it. Plus, For anyone who cares, Nicolas Jaar did a great remix of Blood on the Leaves that unfortunately gets drowned out by a voiceover, but you can still here the great stuff on it.

The whole album is just full of those great electronic moments that make it one of my top 3 albums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom