• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

Ca80x62W0AIwi3Z.jpg

Father Stretch My Hands lyrics

"I cried writing this. I love my Dad."

It doesn't get more gospel than this.

skynidas

Banned
makes sense, the show this evening with the stream and the fashion show and the album comes out on itunes some hours later. can't wait, got my beer ready for tonight (stream is at 10 pm here in Spain)

and those lyrics almost brought tears to my eyes

Going through his discography today. Like many others, I'm really digging 808s way more now; I have no idea why. I hated this when I first heard it when it came out. I've gone back before but left with the same feelings on it.

Some really strong writing in these songs. Forgot how much of a jam Paranoid is.

NotLiquid

Bound 2 works as an antithesis to the more aggressive edge. What with Yeezus having as many samples as it had, it was interesting to use them against the mold that was defined earlier. Kind of makes the album end on something of an oddly contradictory human and humble note.

Bound 2 does kinda suck. Sloppy sample and it fits nowhere in Yeezus. Ruins the entire vibe.

Isn't that whole point of it? It's a tongue in cheek throwback to those guys that wanted old Kanye back done in the "minimalist" style of Yeezus. The song's beat is just a loop of the Ponderosa twins with some of Brenda Lee's distorted vocals being laid over it. It fits with the album's aesthete and really just serves as a palate cleanser.

Courage

Bound 2 works as an antithesis to the more aggressive edge. What with Yeezus having as many samples as it had, it was interesting to use them against the mold that was defined earlier. Kind of makes the album end on something of an oddly contradictory human and humble note.

That seems like a copout to me. If you're gonna make an album like Yeezus, you better go all the way in.

I still love the album of course.

Isn't that whole point of it? It's a tongue in cheek throwback to those guys that wanted old Kanye back done in the "minimalist" style of Yeezus. The song's beat is just a loop of the Ponderosa twins with some of Brenda Lee's distorted vocals being laid over it. It fits with the album's aesthete and really just serves as a palate cleanser.

I acknowledge the point, doesn't mean I gotta like it.

Yeezus to me reminds me of Daft Punks Human After All really distorted and rough around the edges and at first is kinda off putting but after a few listens you can appreciate it like Human After All

Bound 2 is needed the whole album builds to a climax (Blood on the Leaves) I closes out the whole crazy adventure Yeezus well. That said I really like the track.

Syntsui

He sure made his point in releasing a trash song. Such a genius #DONDA.

Anth0ny

so do you actually have to sign up for tidal to watch the stream? I remember people saying yesterday that it wasn't necessary

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Kanyes workout plan is severely underrated

Yeezus to me reminds me of Daft Punks Human After All really distorted and rough around the edges and at first is kinda off putting but after a few listens you can appreciate it like Human After All

Not really a coincidence considering Daft Punk were the most profilic guest producers on the album. Rick Rubim gives them a lot of the credit in creating the sound of the run from On Sight to New Slaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom