• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

Ashhong

I admitted to be wrong about my prediction, you then say I am wrong "all the time", sounds like exaggeration to me

First of all, I didn't say shit lol.

Second, you point out that it leaked Friday and not Wednesday. That has nothing to do with him exaggerating that you are wrong all of the time. Do you understand? A better argument you could have made would be to provide an example of when you were not wrong. THEN you prove it's an exaggeration.

First of all, I didn't say shit lol.

Second, you point out that it leaked Friday and not Wednesday. That has nothing to do with him exaggerating that you are wrong all of the time. Do you understand? A better argument you could have made would be to provide an example of when you were not wrong. THEN you prove it's an exaggeration.

I quoted the wrong person lol, didn't realize you were a different poster. and to give examples of when I'm not wrong all the time is laughable, especially when dealing that particular poster

Just look at his track record and the constant heat he's dropped since take care (modern classic)

Safe to say he has the AOTY on lock

ibuzyDCYtnVJ8u.gif

Trey

Yeezus is a good 7. Justifies me ranking MBDTF even lower than before.

I'm In It is the best thing the brother has done in years. The features are mostly useless, which is a good thing. They're just there for a small change of pace - fits the egocentric theme of the album by giving scraps to peasants and the unfortunate.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This "got AOTY on lock" is straight noise. Don't hold on to those jock straps that tight.
Well his only competition is Q later this year, so that's why people are saying that hyperbolically.

It's not like people are suggesting something crazy like a modern Wu album being good this year or something.

Epcott

Still undecided about the other tracks, but Bound 2 is incredibly addictive and reminds me of LR Graduation Ye.

Good to see there's 14 tracks... only 10 just isn't cutting it.

Anyone who has listened once or twice and thinks, "wow, this is wack, Cornye been fell off," it might be worthwhile to give the album a few more listens. It's pretty much the definition of a "grower", it's not something that's likely to totally connect on first listen with many listeners.

Love this album. First listen I was just trying to get a feel for what he was trying and by the second time I listened I really loved it. I also think it flows really well and every song comes together as a full product. On Sight is probably the weakest track, feels like a warm-up for everything else. I know it is probably an unpopular opinion but I feel like this a lot better than MBDTF. If so in tone than anything else.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
People talking about aoty? My boi KRIT has that on lock, unless Eminem comes and drops something amazing.

Yeezus is probably the most disappointing album for me this year along with Prisoner of Conscious.

People talking about aoty? My boi KRIT has that on lock, unless Eminem comes and drops something amazing.

Yeezus is probably the most disappointing album for me this year along with Prisoner of Conscious.

Man I'm sad to say but his new mixtape was so boring he was trying to do another Returnof4eva or something no growth what so ever.

PBY

Banned

Lol damn your rap taste is all over the map

"I wanna fuck you hard on the sink. After that give you something to drink."

"In a french ass restaurant. Hurry up with my damn croissants."

"Uh, I be speaking Swaghili"

damn. album of the year ya'll

Ploid 3.0

Oh my goodness, I finally found out what this orange tape on everyone's avatar is. Not surprised it's music related. I can finally rest, yeezus.

goodfella

Opinions on Ye's relative lack of presence on the production credits?

Yeezus:
01. On Sight [prod. Daft Punk]
02. Black Skinhead [prod. Daft Punk, Travi$ Scott (co.), Mike Dean (add.)]
03. I Am A God (feat. Justin Vernon) [prod. Daft Punk, Hudson Mohawke (co.), Kanye West (co.), Travi$ Scott (co.), Mike Dean (add.), Rick Rubin (add.)]
04. New Slaves (feat. Frank Ocean) [prod. Daft Punk, Travi$ Scott (co.), Hudson Mohawke (co.), Mike Dean (co.), Kanye West (add.)]
05. Hold My Liquor (feat. Chief Keef & Justin Vernon) [prod. Young Chop, Mike Dean (co.), Arca (add.), Rick Rubin (add.)]
06. I’m In It (feat. Justin Vernon) [prod. RZA, Travi$ Scott (add.), Mike Dean (add.)]
07. Blood On The Leaves (feat. Tony Williams) [prod. TNGHT, Kanye West (co.), Mike Dean (add.)]
08. Guilt Trip (feat. Kid Cudi) [prod. Symbolyc One, Arca (co.), Travi$ Scott (co.), Mike Dean (co.), Ackeejuice Rockers (co.)]
09. Send It Up (feat. King L & Iamsu) [prod. Gesaffelstein, Arca (co.), Daft Punk (co.), Hudson Mohawke (add.)]
10. Bound (feat. Charlie Wilson) [prod. Kanye West, No I.D., Symbolyc One (co.) The Heatmakerz (co.), Rick Rubin (add.)]

So thats 4 credits in total, 2 of which are co-productions and one is an additional credit.

MBDTF he was credited on all but one track I think (Devil in a New Dress), and 808's he was credited on every track.

Edit: Just looked up LR and CD and he is credited for every track bar one in LR.

Top Bottom