• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Karl Urban to star in JJ Abrams' new buddy comedy show about robot cops

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOSS.

The-Borune-Supremacy_Karl-Urban_linen-shirt-front-top.bmp.jpg

Man is underrated and needs to star in more serious films.

Good god this show was tailor made for me

Good god i want this show injected directed into my neck like that dna sample.

I know that feel. Like watching Person of Interest for the first time. It was made for me.

what in the fuck

Tim Fucking Buckley.

Looks like a great and interesting show. On FOX. Should be a great half season of television before cancellation.

510_vincentmuseum.gif

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Yea, I'll be watching this. Definitely.

Also the set of the police station looks like the iRobot set for the main mother brain for the robots.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Trailer was basically I Robot shot for fuckin shot for the first minute or so there, but definitely came into its own as it went. And I loved the music later on in there. Will watch, if it actually gets picked up for a full run!

Trailer was basically I Robot shot for fuckin shot for the first minute or so there, but definitely came into its own as it went. And I loved the music later on in there. Will watch, if it actually gets picked up for a full run!

I'm hoping it's more Caves of Steel than I, Robot. The trailer certainly gives me that kind of vibe, which makes me very interested.

Branduil

It's kind of weird how Karl Urban turned a relatively small role in Lord of the Rings into a legitimate Hollywood career.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Urban is way too good for stupid network television... society has failed on this one.

SJRB

Gold Member
Fuck yes, Karl Urban. I hope for him this show becomes succesful. Looks great judging by the trailer.

ivysaur12

Banned
My thoughts exactly. Fox has a history of killing great shows before their time.

What Fox show has Kevin Reilly "killed off" before its time that was due to poor scheduling or bad advertising? I ask this because Lone Star certainly was killed off before its time, but that was due to the show's concept, not necessarily Fox itself.

And remember, Kevin Reilly kept Fringe on for 5 season and one hundred episodes.

They let Doll House continue one more season despite the terrible ratings it had in it's first season.

And gave the show enough time in season 2 in order to craft a proper conclusion.

For me, I guess the cancellation of Harsh Realm and Firefly still burn something fierce. I'll give the show a shot, but man if it's good and they cancel it...

- J - D -

Is this actually a buddy comedy like the thread title suggests? Seems like a fairly straight sci-fi cop show with the standard amount of quirk. I'll probably tune in.

Big-E

I am in love with everything except the part that has to do with FOX. I don't watch anything on network tv anymore as I find a lot of their shows to be incredibly lacking. This premise sounds great and has good people in it but the network is going to hold this show back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom